shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP! NEED OPINIONS/ADVICE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Hello!!!
Could use some help.... I need to go do tuxes this week as I''ve just been warned that since we''re getting married around "prom time" we need to secure our order (Wedding date 5/10/08)...and we need 13 tuxes!!! (9 groomsmen, 2 ushers, and our fathers) Anyway..... I need help!!!!!
I''ve attached a picture of the COLOR of the bridesmaid dress....the actual BM dress is not posted as it is too new.... but is Impressions by Jacqueline. Very simple strapless, A-line with ruching (sp?) at the waist. And does not have the platinum sash. Just all Victorian Lilac.
Here''s the dilemma.... Want black tuxes w/ long ties. DON''T want the matchy/matchy vest and tie combo to match my BM.
Was thinking doing platinum ties w/ black vests. OR platinum ties with no vests. Or just sticking to black vests/black ties.
HELP. My biggest problem is because my wedding party is SO large (9 on each side) I want it to be subtle....Nothing sticking out screaming basically.
Fiance would be ivory shirt/ivory tie...
Then, what should the fathers have???

Any input/advice/ideas would be appreciated!!!!

colorbridesmaiddresses.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I vote for black vests with platinum ties.

Personally I wouldn''t go for long black ties - a bit funereal.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
i agree with the black vests and platinum ties, but I do like the long ties better than the bow ties. Maybe the fathers could just be black vests/black ties?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No opinion on the colors (though platinim with lilac sounds terrific, but... just a suggestion that you take a deep breath. Even if you are getting married at the height of prom season, it''s hard for me to imagine that many high school kids who are together enough to rent tuxes this far in advance!

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 10:24:27 AM
Author: MINIMS
No opinion on the colors (though platinim with lilac sounds terrific, but... just a suggestion that you take a deep breath. Even if you are getting married at the height of prom season, it''s hard for me to imagine that many high school kids who are together enough to rent tuxes this far in advance!
That is exactly what I said about the prom kids....but apparently the tux shops "reserve" a certain amount of tuxes during prom season and will only have a limited amount for weddings. So far, havent had many problems finding vendors (I think May is not a nearly as popular wedding time as summer and fall) so should be okay. Just need to do it sooner rather than later!
Thanks to for the vote for platinum....I''m thinking I like this more and more.

Anyone else have any opinions/advice???

Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results