shape
carat
color
clarity

please help me with JEWLERY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Sorry ive been lurking alot latley but now im back! Anyways I need some help, and I know you ladies and some gents are just the people to help me! Ok here goes, im a maid of honor in my finace''s sisters wedding this december. I just purchased my dress and I need some suggsetions on jewlery; im completly stumped on what to wear with this dress! her wedding colors are: BLACK ,WHITE AND SILVER........? she wants silver to tie into the dress too but how do I make that happen with this style other than jewlery!? I was thinking some drop earings but would that look good? and should I wear a necklace or is that innapropriate in a halter? The pics dont exactly show the dress , but its a marylyn monroe style dress. Any thoughts on what style of heels too?

llightsduke048.jpg

llightsduke049.jpg

Thanks
xoxox- GB

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute dress! What about a platform peep toe shoe in black, and then a bag with silver on it? I would just do drop earrings and maybe a bracelet, no necklace with that neckline...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Silver chandelier earrings with a silver bangle and maybe even silver sandals. I wouldn''t do a necklace. A silver brooch on the dress would work to incorporate silver too.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would assume this is an evening wedding? If so, I would suggest no necklace, but long rhinestone earrings, a black bag accented with rhinestones, and black satin shoe also accented with rhinestones....bring on the bling! Maybe a bracelet... You can definitely find lots of jewelry out there, sterling or costume, that will compliment that lovely dress! Btw, you look fabulous in it! That is definitely a BM/MOH dress I wouldn''t have a problem with wearing again--lucky you!

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Garysbride,

That''s a very cute dress! I''d like to find something similar for my bridesmaids. I love halter styles!

As for jewelry...I definitely think you should go with long earrings of some sort (chandelier type, or long drop earrings) and then silver shoes. Necklaces do not go well with halter style dresses except in very rare circumstances -- and then it has to be the perfect halter with exactly the right necklace. You don''t need to bother with a necklace if you do some nice earrings and accessories though -- maybe even a bracelet or cute cocktail-type ring if you want something in addition to earrings.

As far as shoes, I think silver shoes would look fantastic and help tie your sister''s colors together. I don''t know what type of height you like in shoes, but because the dress is pretty long, it would look great with high, strappy, silver heels -- a silver dress sandal -- I''m thinking silver leather with thin dainty straps and a strap that fastens around the ankle for more stability.

You could also go with medium height silver heels, even without an ankle strap, but as cute as that style is, you''re going to be walking and dancing a ton at the wedding and its very easy to slip out of shoes without an ankle strap, and I find that they''re more of a hassle to deal with than heels with straps. And dancing in heels without straps is much more difficult -- easy to slip out of them!
2.gif

If you''re not into the idea of silver shoes, I''d go with Diamondfan''s suggestion of a high heeled black platform and then adding an accessory like a silver clutch.

I wouldn''t go with a brooch though -- the dress has a great style all on its own and adding accesories onto the dress would look a bit messy, in my opinion. But earrings will definitely work, even a bracelet, a cute evening clutch in silver would look great, even some sort of hair jewelry (brooch in the hair somehow?).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elle, I like your ideas too, agree a necklace is not going to be easy with the neckline and is really unnecessary. I think the pin could look fine but then all the other stuff needs to be pretty simple. Or skip the pin and have more fun with other stuff.

I just saw these shoes on the Cole Haan site. They are heels, platform, with that Nike air sole so they are supposed to be super comfortable and people who cannot wear heels love them. Not a peep toe, though, which I thought would be a great look with the dress, but if you have to be on your feet and stuff, these could be neat. Style and comfort are hard to find in an evening shoe. Silver could also look great in a shoe, really depends on what you find that seems comfy. Nothing worse than being in major pain all night...

reader

Brilliant_Rock
If that were me, I would have a wide, sparkly bracelet, and longer, elegant earrings...silver evening clutch, black shoes....who was the style icon that said after you put on your jewelry, take off one piece before leaving home? That would apply with this dress...

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty dress! I think dangly silver earrings, a silvery bracelet, and silver shoes would be great.

If you do want strappy silver sandals, I just ordered some and they are really quite comfortable (at least, on me!). I tried on many pairs, but these really were so much more comfortable than all of the others. I''m planning on wearing these in my wedding. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7209882/c/53397.html

willow.jpg

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone for the suggestions i love em! im going to look at some shoes today and possibly some jewls i''ll let ya know how it goes!
36.gif

xoxo-GB

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
oooohhh I LOVE THOSE EARINGS!!! thank you so much!
sadly i didnt have any luck today finding shoes or other jewls.
7.gif
maybe tomorrow!? and if theres any more suggestions out there send em my way!
thanks again
xoxoxo-GB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results