shape
carat
color
clarity

Picked the Dress!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
So, most of you know I've worked in bridal for close to 3 years. I always thought choosing a dress would be hard, but it's turned out to be fairly easy for me! I'm unsure which sash I'm going to do. I think I'll end up going with a simple ivory satin or grosgrain ribbon instead of the beaded sash.

On with the pics!

spring2011 106.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, wrong forum! I'm having it moved..

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Holy MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That dress looks absolutely AWESOME on you. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the lace, phenomenal! Also, your hips look super sexy.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love iiiiiit! Do you know what kind of veil you'll go for? And how you'll do your hair? I need more details! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
love it!!! I was wondering if you knew what dress you wanted since you work in bridal :) who is the designer?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1305245955|2920153 said:
Love iiiiiit! Do you know what kind of veil you'll go for? And how you'll do your hair? I need more details! :appl:

:bigsmile:

I will probably wear my sister's veil, which is similar to what I'm wearing in the pictures. Shorter, two layer, no beading or edging... Just very simple.

My hair will be half up/half down and curled. I know, I know, with this dress I should have my hair back, but I just HATE how I look with my hair pulled back and I never feel as "dressy" with an updo. I'm a weirdo.

It's actually two pieces. The dress is by Enzoani, called Diana. I'm also getting the jacket, which I'll take off for the party part of the reception-- it's made by Pronovias!

I'm so glad you all like it! I'm so old fashioned, I about died when we got the jacket in!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1305245868|2920150 said:
Holy MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That dress looks absolutely AWESOME on you. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the lace, phenomenal! Also, your hips look super sexy.

::Blushing:: thank you!! I've always had a pretty curvy figure, and I decided rather than hide it under a ballgown, I might as well show it off!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
As I don't normally hang out in the BWW forums, I'm very glad you accidentally posted it here!! I love this dress on you! And, I really love the beaded sash with it. Your body looks AH mazing! Congratulations on finding your dress!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Wow. You look stunning in the dress.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your dress, and it looks fabulous on you. I would definitely go for the beaded sash. It brings attention (in the oh-so-right-way)
to your curves!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hardly ever go in BWW either so I'm glad it was put here first! :love: Gorgeous girly!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT!!

I had a similar dress, so I am biased ::) You look fantastic in it, and the sash is adorable :love:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl|1305246317|2920161 said:
Autumnovember|1305245868|2920150 said:

::Blushing:: thank you!! I've always had a pretty curvy figure, and I decided rather than hide it under a ballgown, I might as well show it off!

Amen to that!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
I have to say, maybe it's the PS'er in me, but I do like the bit of bling on the sash! ;)) You look stunning!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Since I'm facing my 22nd anniversary next month, I don't find myself in BWW much, either, so thanks for making that mistake!

I love everything about your dress (but maybe I'm a bit biased, as it's kind of an updated version of my own: more form fitting, no eighties 'puff' shoulders-though mine were small for the time-and I didn't have a train, I'm too claustrophobic.)

Congratulations. You are going to be a beautiful bride.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Ok, if I didn't have a dress already, I'd be getting that one.

I love it.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! What a dress! It's gorgeous!

Now, if you'd told me before that a lace dress with sleeves could be totally hot, I'd never have believed it. But there it is. Good job!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Now I've just gotta find some awesomely tall shoes so I don't look like a shortie drowning in lace!

Thank you all for your sweet compliments! I know it's DEFINITELY not everybody's style and some may think it's matronly, but it's so me.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful dress!! It looks AMAZING on you!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Where was that dress when I was looking 5 years ago? So the lace sleeves are part of the jacket then? It has such a classic, almost vintage feel to it.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Selkie|1305307775|2920875 said:
Gorgeous! Where was that dress when I was looking 5 years ago? So the lace sleeves are part of the jacket then? It has such a classic, almost vintage feel to it.

Yep! It buttons up the back, so you can't tell that it's not part of the dress, but I'm not locked in to wearing sleeves all night. Here is a picture of a model wearing it with a different dress

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5104/5558451199_8b3bf5305f.jpg

You managed to make that dress look both sexy and demure at the same time. Way to go on pulling that off! Isn't that what we all want on our wedding day? And you did it!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Oh, ou, the dress looks breathtaking on you... Congrats times a million!!! That's such a good catch. I love the sleeves- the whole dress looks classic and stylish!! :appl:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow! What a fabulous dress! If we weren't having a beach wedding this is definitely something I could see myself in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results