shape
carat
color
clarity
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t know where to post this... but seeing how this a "ladies" forum, figured this was appropriate enough.

Mowing the lawn...

Now, I''ve gotten "brazilians" a handful of times, and know plenty of others who "groom" in various ways... But I find this commercial REALLY annoying. I can''t exactly pinpoint why... I mean makeup products, hair products, diet products are all plastered on TV and tell women what they "need" to do to be pretty and sexy. Why not this?

Maybe its because they''re trying to be overly cheeky about it? I understand the humor they''re trying to create, but... idk... I''m not laughing. To make this grooming habit mainstream is pushing things a bit far, imho. To say that a women needs makeup or pretty hair or cute clothes to be feminine is one thing... but to say she needs to... erm... mow the lawn, too? And that''s coming from a gal who prefers a trim over au natural.

What do you gals think? Anyone think it''s funny? Anyone not amused?

And the American version....

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hehehehe! I thought this was going to be an empowering thread on woman that do ''mens work'' around the house. I was going to chime in with a - well, I am actually going to mow the lawn today, and even get out there with the secateurs and get rid of some of the weeds, they are like totally overgrowing the garden...........

Yet, in reading your whole post, I find my response somewhat disturbing and out of place..............
40.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m not easily offended, but I am easily amused. And I thought it was kinda funny! At least the first one...I thought the "tulips on a mound" thing was pretty dang funny in particular. I think the American one was just kinda dumb.

The only thing that bothers me is the not-too-subtle racism...the Black woman has the big bush and the Asian has a tiny one. Ummm...what decade are we in again?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was funny too. BECAUSE they were drawing attention to it in a cheeky way. I don''t think they are saying you need to mow the lawn. I think it''s just a funny commercial they made knowing it would cause attention.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha! I do find this funny... And a little bit over the top. We (women) know what needs to be done to keep ourselves neat and clean. I don''t need a cheesy commercial to remind me.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahahahaha that ad is brilliant! I love it! It''s definitely a bit over the top but I don''t think that they''re saying that you have to "mow the lawn" to be sexy/pretty.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I watched the first video without reading on, and I have to say I thought it was very cheeky and didn''t offend me at all. The american version on the other hand, seemed much more "serious" about the "necessity" of being tidy.

I agree that there is way to much ad corruption dictating the manicuring of women, but I also don''t want my own bikini line extending beyond the edges of my swim suit. So, every day bare? That''s just insulting. A new product with a bit of a painless trim, sounds good to me. Just don''t go looking for any topiary hearts.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I was LMAO when I saw the first one ("mow the lawn"). I thought it was better than the second one. I like humor when dealing with a sensitive issue like that, and considering the little jokes that my Fi and I have made about the subject, the humorous version is definitely a hit with me.

BTW, I found the Fusion to do a very good job when I can''t go get a Brazilian.
31.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2009 8:32:10 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
I was LMAO when I saw the first one (''mow the lawn''). I thought it was better than the second one. I like humor when dealing with a sensitive issue like that, and considering the little jokes that my Fi and I have made about the subject, the humorous version is definitely a hit with me.

I thought it was cute too! This coming from someone who didnt even realize women shaved "down there" until she was like 18...I just never thought of it! LOL!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry but I loved it! I though it was pretty funny.
36.gif
I''m not too easily offended though. I actually have seen a bit too many girls that NEED to "mow the lawn" which makes me enjoy it even more.

I''m not saying that women need to do this to be pretty and sexy. But they don''t need to wear bikinis to be pretty and sexy either. I''m just saying that IF you are going to be wearing them, you SHOULD definitely MOW THE LAWN so others don''t have to see it. Yuck.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OTT: Have you Mowed the Lawn lately?

Status

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t know where to post this... but seeing how this a "ladies" forum, figured this was appropriate enough.

Mowing the lawn...

Now, I''ve gotten "brazilians" a handful of times, and know plenty of others who "groom" in various ways... But I find this commercial REALLY annoying. I can''t exactly pinpoint why... I mean makeup products, hair products, diet products are all plastered on TV and tell women what they "need" to do to be pretty and sexy. Why not this?

Maybe its because they''re trying to be overly cheeky about it? I understand the humor they''re trying to create, but... idk... I''m not laughing. To make this grooming habit mainstream is pushing things a bit far, imho. To say that a women needs makeup or pretty hair or cute clothes to be feminine is one thing... but to say she needs to... erm... mow the lawn, too? And that''s coming from a gal who prefers a trim over au natural.

What do you gals think? Anyone think it''s funny? Anyone not amused?

And the American version....

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hehehehe! I thought this was going to be an empowering thread on woman that do ''mens work'' around the house. I was going to chime in with a - well, I am actually going to mow the lawn today, and even get out there with the secateurs and get rid of some of the weeds, they are like totally overgrowing the garden...........

Yet, in reading your whole post, I find my response somewhat disturbing and out of place..............
40.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m not easily offended, but I am easily amused. And I thought it was kinda funny! At least the first one...I thought the "tulips on a mound" thing was pretty dang funny in particular. I think the American one was just kinda dumb.

The only thing that bothers me is the not-too-subtle racism...the Black woman has the big bush and the Asian has a tiny one. Ummm...what decade are we in again?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was funny too. BECAUSE they were drawing attention to it in a cheeky way. I don''t think they are saying you need to mow the lawn. I think it''s just a funny commercial they made knowing it would cause attention.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha! I do find this funny... And a little bit over the top. We (women) know what needs to be done to keep ourselves neat and clean. I don''t need a cheesy commercial to remind me.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahahahaha that ad is brilliant! I love it! It''s definitely a bit over the top but I don''t think that they''re saying that you have to "mow the lawn" to be sexy/pretty.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I watched the first video without reading on, and I have to say I thought it was very cheeky and didn''t offend me at all. The american version on the other hand, seemed much more "serious" about the "necessity" of being tidy.

I agree that there is way to much ad corruption dictating the manicuring of women, but I also don''t want my own bikini line extending beyond the edges of my swim suit. So, every day bare? That''s just insulting. A new product with a bit of a painless trim, sounds good to me. Just don''t go looking for any topiary hearts.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I was LMAO when I saw the first one ("mow the lawn"). I thought it was better than the second one. I like humor when dealing with a sensitive issue like that, and considering the little jokes that my Fi and I have made about the subject, the humorous version is definitely a hit with me.

BTW, I found the Fusion to do a very good job when I can''t go get a Brazilian.
31.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2009 8:32:10 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
I was LMAO when I saw the first one (''mow the lawn''). I thought it was better than the second one. I like humor when dealing with a sensitive issue like that, and considering the little jokes that my Fi and I have made about the subject, the humorous version is definitely a hit with me.

I thought it was cute too! This coming from someone who didnt even realize women shaved "down there" until she was like 18...I just never thought of it! LOL!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry but I loved it! I though it was pretty funny.
36.gif
I''m not too easily offended though. I actually have seen a bit too many girls that NEED to "mow the lawn" which makes me enjoy it even more.

I''m not saying that women need to do this to be pretty and sexy. But they don''t need to wear bikinis to be pretty and sexy either. I''m just saying that IF you are going to be wearing them, you SHOULD definitely MOW THE LAWN so others don''t have to see it. Yuck.
14.gif

Status
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results