shape
carat
color
clarity

My Invites!

false
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
They are SO pretty!!! So.. I still have two months til they have to get sent out.. but I''m glad to have them!
The color on these pics came out a little funky.. but hopefully you can get the idea. The main invite is a pale rose pink, the RSVP is bubble gum pink and the reception card is hot pink. The envelopes and writing on all the invites are black, bringing in all the wedding colors!
invitesmudge.jpg

inviteenvelopesmudge.jpg
What do you all think? Hopefully TOMORROW night I should be able to get pics of the girls in thier flowergirl dresses!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, nice! The type and the use of various sizes and spacing makes it all a real work of art.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i love them!!

for some reason, i thought you couldn''t mail dark colored envelopes? guess you can.
i was going to do chocolate brown inner envelopes with light colored outer ones, because i didn''t think i could get away with chocolate brown outer env. hum. maybe i''ll rethink that.

in any case, i love yours. i like that you picked several shades of pink to work with.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

Jcrow-I think the only drawback with using dark envelopes is you have to use light ink. I wouldn''t use dark card stock for the rsvp (because not everyone is like us with metalic pens sitting at home
2.gif
) Our business brochures use a dark colbalt blue vellum envelope and sending them have never been a problem. I used black for my STDs and those were fine too. (they just put a sticker with the barcode instead of stamping it directly)

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I love them MS!
We are seriously thinking about that same design in beachy colors!
They look fantastic!!!!!
Can''t wait to see the flower girl dresses.

Tybee

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I really love them!!!

Mind telling us where they came from?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Melissa: Your invites are really nice!! I love the modern look and the colors.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
They are from MyGatsby.com
They are the Molly Invite from their custom collection

There are a few drawbacks to the dark envelopes from them
1) They will only let you print in silver or gold - I really wanted a metallic pink that they offered.. which they unfortunately didn''t tell me was not available until I got my proofs back.. Oh well.. Silver is just fine for address I guess.

2) If you do double envelopes, the outer envelopes have to be white or ecru.. so mine are.. I had to agonize over that decision for a bit though, but then I realized it would save me a lot of work in addressing black envelopes anyway..I''ll just have to find a special pen to write the names.. and I really DID want inner envelopes.. so my inner and response envelopes are black. The outer ones that will get addressed are white..

Originally I wanted the response card to be black.. but my brilliant bridesmaid quickly reminded me that idea was moronic and nobody would have a pen to write on them!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
MS - they are so beautiful!! Classic, simple, love the colors, all around, just gorgeous
30.gif
You must be so happy to have that done
9.gif
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, very cool! They''re very sleek & sophisticated w/ a hint of romance (pink paper). I love them!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2006 10:00:42 PM
Author: MelissaSue
There are a few drawbacks to the dark envelopes from them

1) They will only let you print in silver or gold - I really wanted a metallic pink that they offered.. which they unfortunately didn''t tell me was not available until I got my proofs back.. Oh well.. Silver is just fine for address I guess.

2) If you do double envelopes, the outer envelopes have to be white or ecru.. so mine are.. I had to agonize over that decision for a bit though, but then I realized it would save me a lot of work in addressing black envelopes anyway..I''ll just have to find a special pen to write the names.. and I really DID want inner envelopes.. so my inner and response envelopes are black. The outer ones that will get addressed are white..

Originally I wanted the response card to be black.. but my brilliant bridesmaid quickly reminded me that idea was moronic and nobody would have a pen to write on them!

i see. thanks. i think i am going with chocolate invites, in a chocolate inner env, with a light outer env.
for the rsvp, we are going with the light color that matches the outer env. and for the thank you''s, we are going with light outer env. (that mathces the invite one), and the sleeve that holds the thank you will be chocolate, and the thank you itself will be the light color. that way we can print at home the thank yous.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2006 9:42:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Very nice!

Jcrow-I think the only drawback with using dark envelopes is you have to use light ink. I wouldn''t use dark card stock for the rsvp (because not everyone is like us with metalic pens sitting at home
2.gif
) Our business brochures use a dark colbalt blue vellum envelope and sending them have never been a problem. I used black for my STDs and those were fine too. (they just put a sticker with the barcode instead of stamping it directly)

i just saw on a website for envelopes - they had dark chocolate outer and inner envelopes. it said that you may have to pay a fee for the p.o. to hand cancel them. it''s like .12 cents. and if you bring them to the p.o. there''s a chance that they won''t even charge you for that.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
They are so cute!!! I had a dream last night that my invitations were printed on tortillas instead of paper...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2006 9:32:51 AM
Author: appletini
They are so cute!!! I had a dream last night that my invitations were printed on tortillas instead of paper...
LOL....

those are super cute MS! love the colors and the way the words are printed.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2006 9:32:51 AM
Author: appletini
HAHA! And wedding-planning-brain strikes again!
9.gif

MS, I looooove the invites! They're perfect!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Melissa, your invites are lovely, and have so much of the simplicity that I so adore! I LOVE them!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
mygatsby.com- its the molly invitation from their custom line
The font is standard on that invite.. but its called Felix Tiliting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results