shape
carat
color
clarity

my DIY invites are done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to share a few pics I took of my DIY invites. I really have to thank Mandarine because I was on the fence for awhile about DIY. Once I saw her invitations I decided to go for it. Now, I''m no artist, so keep that in mind
9.gif
I''m an accountant if that gives you ANY idea how uncreative I am....hehe....but i really enjoyed the process and love the way they came out.

Anyway, I found a stamp I loved at Michael''s so I hand stamped every invite and then embossed the image. The paper/envelopes is from paper-source. Cannot say enough about how great they were. I also bought their desk embosser to emboss the return addresses. The pocket is from cards and pockets which I believe is the same vendor Mandarine used.

Ok...I only have a few, but here goes!!!

IMG_10434.JPG

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
the wax seals we ended up buying online. We didn''t want to risk doing them ourselves...but we definitely paid for that

6.gif

IMG_10744.JPG

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for looking!!!!

Thanks again Manadrine for the inspiration!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! It looks amazing! I wish I was that creative!!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
lovely!! i think the seals were worth it -- they give it all a finished look. great job!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 6:16:50 PM
Author: enbcfsobe
lovely!! i think the seals were worth it -- they give it all a finished look. great job!
Couldn''t have said it better...of course I could have used more space and 5 more paragraphs...but I am trying to put a sock in it...so Enbcfsobe said it just the way I should have!

I really do love the seals! (AR AR AR AR....get it...the sound of seals?
2.gif
)

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Great job! they look fantastic.

How much was your embosser? Did you get the standard or long reach? Also what orientation did you pick or was it simple enough to turn the plate around.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
They look great! Love the wax seal. I''ve actually been looking for one, where did you find it?

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
thanks!!!

The wax seals were ordered from http://www.letterseals.com/

gtn - if you are asking about the embosser for the return address I ordered it from www.paper-source.com When I ordered I believe they just requested what it would be used for and knew which plate I would need. It was standard as far as i know.

Thanks again everyone for the compliments!

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Wow your invites are beautiful, I love the colors... but I just wanted to say, I am from Bethlehem (living in Easton at the moment), I can''t believe you are from Allentown, what a small world! lol
19.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Wow, CDT! I love them...I think we might have the same wedding colors if your invitations are any indication! I really wish you had done yours first so I could have copied them and had invitations as beautiful as yours! *sigh* Mine will just have to do...yours look absolutely professional!
9.gif

Awesome job!
36.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I love ''em! FI was looking over my shoulder, he noticed them on the screen and thought they were great too!

I love the look of the embossed return address too, we did that for ours too, but I broke my embosser with only 5 left to do! Maybe I don''t know my own strength
emsmilep.gif
but just thought I''d pass on the info so the same doesn''t happen to you too.

Great work!
30.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Blue eyes - thanks! Actually I''m from NJ, but my aunt lives in Allentown and offered her home for our wedding. It was an easy choice since I basically spent all holidays and summer there growing up.

Harleigh - I think we do have the same color skeem. Bright pink and green
9.gif
Love it!!! Thanks for the compliment!

Happy in Love - I finished the embossing w/ no mishaps...you must be strong! hehe...i know when I first got it and was testing it out and definitely ripped thru paper! Thanks!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
yay another accountant on PS!! can i just say that i am super impressed that you had time to go through and do DIY invites during this time of year!! i barely have time to shower....yet somehow i still find time for PS. haha could be an indication of my level of disinterest in my job...lol.

they look great, and another vote for how great the seal looks
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wow these are beautiful and awesome! I have to say also that I wish I was that creative.
7.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
thanks karasue and sarah!

karasue - i''m not a tax accountant...that''s why i have time
9.gif
I work in corporate finance. My degree is in accounting but I''ve primarily spent my career in corporate finance. I give you create because I don''t think I could do taxes!!! I volunteered in college and just doing simple returns gave me a headache...hehe....

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 10:47:12 AM
Author: cdt1101
thanks karasue and sarah!

karasue - i''m not a tax accountant...that''s why i have time
9.gif
I work in corporate finance. My degree is in accounting but I''ve primarily spent my career in corporate finance. I give you create because I don''t think I could do taxes!!! I volunteered in college and just doing simple returns gave me a headache...hehe....
oh i''m not a tax accountant either, i hate taxes. i''m in public accounting so we have to get all those financial statements issued...whoopee!! i need to get out of public and into industry....
40.gif

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
This is a really nice invitation! I can''t believe you did it yourself!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful! What do you mean you''re not creative?!! They''re really gorgeous!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
thanks ladies for the compliments!!! it''s much appreciated
1.gif
I can''t wait to mail them out! But I made a point not to mention too much that I was making them because i don''t want everyone analyzing my mistakes [:bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results