shape
carat
color
clarity

My beach wedding dress....do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone...

Okay so after some SERIOUS searching online I finally went out looking over the past couple of days for the perfect dress to wear for my beach wedding in Key West. I was looking for something very informal, and hopefully long....and this is what I found...

It''s actually a bridesmaid''s dress (I think) but I just fell in love with it when I put it on. The pics don''t do it justice. There are layers of chiffon that just make me feel like I''m floating when I wear it. :) The pictures have it in blue, but I bought mine in a pale ivory color...the back is the best part I think.

Do you like??

BelsoieL8109L9018-2T.jpg

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture of the back.....

I can''t BELIEVE how cheap it was either. I got it from a store that was trying to get rid of that style so it was less than $200!! And I don''t even need to alter it. Can''t believe my good luck on that one!! :)

Did I do okay??

detail1-9018B.jpg

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh I think it's very pretty! Looks perfect for a beach wedding! Do you have a picture of the back?

Ooops looks like we posted at the same time.... Hehe.

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 4:43:01 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
Ooh I think it''s very pretty! Looks perfect for a beach wedding! Do you have a picture of the back?

Ooops looks like we posted at the same time.... Hehe.
Thanks PearlDahhhling!! I wasn''t sure I was going to be able to find one I liked, so I was super excited when I found this one. :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful!! Will be perfect for your wedding! Congrats on finding the dress!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The way you are describing it makes it sound like THE dress for you! Can''t wait to see real life pictures!

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Bee and Neatfreak!! :) I pick it up Friday so I''ll be sure to take some pics this weekend so you guys can tell me what you really think. I was worried it was a bit too informal...but since I was the definition of the "un bride" I knew I just couldn''t do a full out dress. Hopefully my parents and his won''t kill me too much! :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''d like it better if you had pics of yourself in it!
3.gif

Just kidding...looks beautiful! I wish I could have gone for something this informal, but my fiance insisted on a more "bridal" looking dress.

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 7:55:18 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I''d like it better if you had pics of yourself in it!
3.gif

Just kidding...looks beautiful! I wish I could have gone for something this informal, but my fiance insisted on a more ''bridal'' looking dress.

Hey jstarfireb-

:) Thanks!! I''m actually going to pick it up tomorrow, so hopefully I''ll have a few pics to show everyone so you can tell me what you think of it on ME. Isn''t it funny how some of our FI''s like the total bride look and others don''t? My FI was actually disappointed that I wanted a dress, he wanted me to wear a sundress I have already since he likes that one. I laughed....''cause I knew I had to at least find something a bit more formal than that!! :)

-ILE

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 7:27:30 PM
Author: IluvEmeralds
Thanks Bee and Neatfreak!! :) I pick it up Friday so I'll be sure to take some pics this weekend so you guys can tell me what you really think. I was worried it was a bit too informal...but since I was the definition of the 'un bride' I knew I just couldn't do a full out dress. Hopefully my parents and his won't kill me too much! :)

Naw, it's perfect, especially for a beach wedding! I've seen MUCH more informal.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, it''s GORGEOUS!!!! Love love love the look and the way the chiffon will look with a sea breeze will be amazing!! Perfect, perfect dress!!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty. Do we get to see photos of it on you?

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gwendolyn and Addy! :) :) :) Yes, pics to come soon..I pick it up tomorrow. :)

Mrs. Tropicmaster

Rough_Rock
ILE- That dress is beautiful. And perfect for your Key West wedding. I love the wrap style bodice. I hope to be as lucky in my search.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohh, it''s divine!! So romantic and soft, it''s PERFECT!
30.gif

cocoa

Rough_Rock
A dress this beautiful and under $200, and no alteration needed?!!!
i think it''s perfect. You''re one lucky bride(to-be) in my book :)

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Okay ladies...so I bought the dress today and I am super excited!! With a protective bag to store it in, the total was just over $200 (less than HALF my original budget....!! WOHOOO!!)

Pics to follow soon, once I can get a friend to take them for me. FI offered, but I don''t want him to see the dress! DUH!! :)

thanks to Princess Dijon, Ms. Tropicmaster, Cocoa, and DandiAndi! :O) I really appreciate all the kind words. Since I picked out the dress myself, it''s nice to know I picked a good one. (My mom was less than excited to join...so she stayed home).

Ms. TropicMaster- I just ADORE your invites......I might have to steal the idea....TOO CUTE!! I like a similar one on that site and the price wasn''t too bad!

As for the dress...mine was actually a bridesmaid dress in ivory, cheaper, and much more "beach-like" fabric. Mine is a Belsori from Jasmine Bridal. Go to www.jasminebridal.com for more ideas...Best of luck on your search! I have plenty of favorites saved if you want to see.

Thanks again for all the support ladies...as always you guys ROCK!!
:)ILE

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Oooh...and here''s the shoes I''m going to wear with the dress. My EBay steal for $20.00!! I love it that I get to wear flip flops on my wedding day! FABULOUS!!

Like????

:)ILE

1d72_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results