shape
carat
color
clarity

Musey''s Wedding Silver (calling pandora, surfgirl and jcrow)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Referencing this thread: Calling Pandora!

Our sterling cake knife and server came in the mail today! I ended up going through The Replacements per JCrow's suggestion. After days (literally) of simply browsing the silver patterns, I narrowed it down to three options (out of THOUSANDS). Then my fiancée helped me choose out of those three.

Here they are! The pattern is "Old Atlanta" by Wallace.

Now, the question is, where am I supposed to engrave it with our initials and wedding date?

museyssilver.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
A closeup of the pattern on the handle. I love it!

museyssilver2.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I know I''m not one of the PSers you asked for in the title but I do have a suggestion in regards to your engraving.

I think that you should engrave the knife along the non-cutting edge of the knife following the edge of the blade. The same goes for the server- I would engrave along the edge of the blade along the curved side.

The other suggestion would be to engrave horizontally along the base of the blade/serving area near the handle. I do think the first suggestion is more streamlined though.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your selection of cake serving tools! I am of the opinion that this is a place where money could be saved at a wedding and you could just borrow something nice from someone who has a good silver collection, but your pretty silver makes me want some for my own future wedding!

You have excellent taste, Musey.
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 10:03:39 PM
Author: Clairitek
LOVE LOVE LOVE your selection of cake serving tools! I am of the opinion that this is a place where money could be saved at a wedding and you could just borrow something nice from someone who has a good silver collection, but your pretty silver makes me want some for my own future wedding!

36.gif
Thanks
5.gif

I actually totally agree that this is a waste of money for most people. However, I'm really into heirlooms, and since my family has none (it sucks!) I wanted to have a couple pieces from my wedding that would become heirlooms. This set is one of those
1.gif
Otherwise I certainly wouldn't bother spending money on such a thing.

Thank you for the engraving suggestions. I had planned to do the top of the blade, but do you think I should engrave both, or just one of the two?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 1:36:54 PM
Author: musey
Date: 9/8/2008 10:03:39 PM

36.gif

Thanks
5.gif

I actually totally agree that this is a waste of money for most people. However, I''m really into heirlooms, and since my family has none (it sucks!) I wanted to have a couple pieces from my wedding that would become heirlooms. This set is one of those
1.gif
Otherwise I certainly wouldn''t bother spending money on such a thing.

Thank you for the engraving suggestions. I had planned to do the top of the blade, but do you think I should engrave both, or just one of the two?

I too am into the heirloom stuff. I am a very sentimental person and like you, my family doesn''t have a whole lot of heirlooms. I can totally see where you''re coming from in choosing to purchase these beautiful items. My only heirloom from my grammy is an old edition (maybe 2nd or 3rd?) of the Joy of Cooking that she received as a wedding gift. It is one of my most prized possessions. If my house ever catches on fire thats one of the first things I''m grabbing!

I think you should engrave both of them, just in case they somehow get separated in the family.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 1:44:02 PM
I think you should engrave both of them, just in case they somehow get separated in the family.
Good point!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh my SWOON!!!

i''m soooo happy to help! you made a fantastic choice! and you sound just like me, hehe. spending hours clicking and looking on replacements.com. hours. and hours. but oh so worth it!!

i didn''t have any wedding heirlooms to use either, so, like you i loved picking my own to one day hopefully pass down
2.gif
but for now, i pull them out at every cake and pie opportunity possible!

personally, i didn''t engrave my set. but, you could if you wanted too
5.gif
and i like the idea of engraving both of them if you do.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i knew yours sounded familiar! i just looked through my files... my set is Wallace’s Grande Baroque
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks JCrow!! I''m glad you like it
1.gif
the grand baroque pattern is GORGEOUS, too!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a beautiful pattern. It''ll make a great heirloom.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Old Atlanta is one of my favorite patterns!! Beautiful!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 1:36:54 PM
Author: musey
I wanted to have a couple pieces from my wedding that would become heirlooms.

I hadn''t thought about that at all, so far in wedding planning. Interesting point. Thanks, Musey.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results