shape
carat
color
clarity

LED waterproof light for centerpieces?.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
I was brainstorming with FI last night about centerpieces............here''s the idea:

tall cylinder vase filled with water and with a few tulips in it
colored/clear stones and faux pearls and loose faux gems/crystals
NOTE: not sure which of the 3 will be in the vase and scattered around the vase but the overall appearance will contain those 3 things.

I saw on here i think a waterproof LED light that sat at the bottom of the vase and the light was shining all the way up the vase. instead of candles around the vase...I was planning on whatever goes in the bottom (stones, pearls, gems) those things would go around the light as to hide the light and the top of the light would stay uncovered so it could shine up.........can anyone give me any ideas of where i could buy them at/what they are called? i would need about 20 or so and not too expensive...

And what do you all think of that idea? tulips look weird?..... I wanted orchids just a few like 2 for each table and have them submerged in the water but FI said they are too expensive so he said we should use a majority of tulips and have the orchids as the "specialty" flower.......in my bouquet and head table and cake table.........i just had my heart set on orchids submerged.....any help there also?

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
also the ebay ones from the link right above this..........i think they come in all different colors........will that look wierd?? i cant tell if they come in white...hmmmmmmm.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
our centerpieces were submerged orchids in a cylinder vase, and the vase was sitting on top of a light base. here''s a pic if it helps you get what i mean. also, i thought tulips were kinda pricey, too depending on time of year, etc. oohhhhh gypsy!
9.gif
we lucked up--our florist loves orchids, so she charges the same for them as roses so that she can work with them more often.

1PIS-1.jpeg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
The lights are called Floralytes and you''d want to make sure you have SUBMERSIBLE ones. You should be able to google it, or find it at any florist supply shop.

Here''s a link to an online retailer

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
ok thanks! I have found a lot online but they have all been like 2 dollars apiece which we really cant afford because that means we would be sepending like 400 dollars just on the lights. I did find smaller ones above at the link from ebay but are they too small? hmmmmmmmm...

by the way that centerpiece is gorgeous!!!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I work in lighting and often use LEDtronics.. they have a website and if you call they might be able to steer you in the right direction... 800) 579-4875

also, i attended a philips lighing class and they mentioned that they came out with a new LED line.. i would try to call their tech support and they could possibly help you fine the perfect lighting for your application!!!
good luck!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
you may have said this already and i just missed it, but are y''all doing your own flowers or do you have a florist? we rented our light bases from our florist on the cheap, so we spent a little over $300 for all of our reception decor (13 tables).

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
ok, ill try that!
I have been lookin everywhere! Found lots of options.........expensive ones!!!

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
wow......i am so stupid! lol. I was like oh i need 200 of these floralights that means if they are 2 dollars a light id be spending 400 or so dollars! Thanks ladies for catching on after i said i was having 20 or so tables!
38.gif
lol...you guys are supposed to be watching out for my stupidity!
3.gif

So i only need 20 or so lights since i am having 1 vase on each table I am having 200 or so GUESTS not lights! .....so i would only be spending around 60 dollars or so.....so i CAN buy those cool floralyte ones. wow. i feel so stupid right now!
I think im gonna go with these ones:
http://www.partybrights.com/c=vi6B5sUjK49cLP16A36dO60kZ/category/floralytes.submersible_floralytes/

I just ordered them and 3 dayed them so they should be here on Saturday!! YAY! I orded the clear one and the teal one(since one of our colors is tiffany blue! eeekk!)

So i also bought some of that fake ice/crystal stuff and a cylinder vase and so now i just need to put it all together and then get some flowers..........btw if anyone is looking for cheap orchids here is a website i found......you can get a lot of diff. loose flowers in bulk. 100 of them for $18 or so....let me know what you ladies think of it!

www.hawaiianleicompany.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results