shape
carat
color
clarity

J. Crew wedding gown - "Gracie"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I posted a thread nearly two weeks ago about reconsidering the dress that I had purchased to elope in. I purchased a beautiful lavendar designer gown, a bit unconventional, to get married in this October. After the purchase in March, I went out of my way not to look at more formal dresses for fear that I would get confused and/or change my mind.

I "accidentally" clicked on the "dresses" link on the J. Crew website, without realizing that they post ALL of their dresses, including the wedding/bridesmaid ones in the general link. Well, I fell for the "Gracie" gown: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/dresses/weddingsparties/PRDOVR~96062/96062.jsp
It''s very simple, but sophisticated, and definitely something that''s eloping appropriate.

After getting advice from family and friends, and from those who responded to my thread, I went ahead and ordered the J. Crew dress. It arrived last night, and I really like it. My worry about the original gown is whether I will regret not wearing something that is more traditional (i.e. white). Would my pictures look like my fiance and I are simply "dressing up" versus getting married?

Please let me know what you think about both dresses. I''m sorry for the poor pictures...I''ve been adamant about not having my fiance see either dresses, so taking pictures of yourself is kind of difficult.

Gracie1.JPG

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Last picture...sorry, I don't know how to attach more than one at a time.

Shoe-wise, I'm planning on ordering the ever popular Manolo Sedaraby shoes in silver.

DooRi3.JPG

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
While I think both dresses are great, I am glad you ordered the J.Crew dress. I think it is much more flattering on you, not to mention def more "bridal". I really think it looks fantastic!

When you put it on does it make you feel better/different than the other one?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
J. Crew. It looked good on the model. It looks fab on you
21.gif

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I think Dress #2 looks stunning on you and it does say bride, a little more than the 1st. Although the 1st one is a great dress, I would say wear the J. Crew dress for your marriage and save the first one for a dinner out with your new hubby.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
I agree... go with the J.Crew dress. The other one is cute, but you might regret not wearing a wedding gown!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful dresses!
But i have to say the J. Crew dress hands down. It says "bridal" with out being in your face about it, exactly what an elopement dress should say. The lavender dress would be great for your rehearsal dinner or a recption later on.

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 10:31:58 AM
Author: ~*Snow*~
Beautiful dresses!
But i have to say the J. Crew dress hands down. It says ''bridal'' with out being in your face about it, exactly what an elopement dress should say. The lavender dress would be great for your rehearsal dinner or a recption later on.

Ditto! Plus - it really flatters you! I am so glad you went ahead and ordered it!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what can I say?? Gracie was MADE for you!! It looks so classic and stunning and is absolutely perfect for your figure.

I do love the lavender dress and have no doubt that you will be able to wear it soon--you know how the end of the year is, there are always holiday parties and you can most certainly wear it in a few months. But for your elopement? Gracie is your girl!

xapora

Shiny_Rock
Wow, could that fit you any better?! I think the J. Crew is perfect for eloping - looks wedding-y without being too over the top or too casual - not to mention it's just perfect on you. LOVE!

Beth

Shiny_Rock
The JC Crew Gracie dress is the most flattering by far and definitely more suitable for the purpose than the lavendar one. It fits you like a glove!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Hands down, the J Crew dress. It looks wonderful on you, and you''ll unmistakably be a bride! I agree with the poster who suggested you keep the other dress for a hot night out with your new hubby ... the Gracie is just gorgeous.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Gracie!!! Its really stunning on you!

The second is great too, but really, why not take this opportunity to play the bride card and be that gorgeous lady in white!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree. The Gracie looks like its "your" dress. It looks like it was made to fit you! I think both dresses are very lovely, but I would wear Gracie to get married, if I were you! Keep both, wear the other one to fun events, and its the best of both worlds!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
you''d be certifiably nuts to not wear the Gracie when it looks that friggin'' FABULOUS on you!!!!! okay, not really nuts, but i figured i''d emphasize that...for emphasis...
37.gif
okay, i''m done being goofy now, but seriously, that dress is AMAZING on you. save the lavender one for your rehearsal dinner, birthday, whatever because it''s really cute, too, but the other one is just too perfect for a wedding!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll just go ahead and ditto everyone else. The Gracie looks fabulous on you.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I think that of the two, I prefer the J Crew dress because it shows off your fab figure better.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the Jcrew dress! You can always wear the purple one to the rehearsal dinner!

FoxyBride

Rough_Rock
The JCrew one looks better on you than it does on the website model! I think we may have found you a new career. :)

I vote for Gracie.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yes Yes Yes, the Gracie looks fantastic on you!! Seriously, just like that? Just out of the shipping box. Unbelievable fit.

It even looks awesome still wrinkled.

Hands down. Gracie.
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The JCrew one is BEAUTIFUL on you. The other one is pretty, but just that, pretty. I vote for JCrew!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
That J.Crew gown looks so great on you! I absolutely love it.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Oouuh, I love it. I don''t think you need another Gracie vote, but here is mine!

The purple you can wear on another occasion. There are many days in your life for that dress, but not many calls for long, white Gracie dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results