shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a real tradition???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone heard of this tradition (or "tradition" as the case may be): the smaller photo album for the bride's family (i.e.: bride's parents) is included in the wedding budget? Meaning, the bride and groom pay for the parents of the bride's photo album.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, popular gift idea? Yes. Tradition? I don''t think so...

I still haven''t gotten around to having my own album done, but I know that everybody I talk to has done the smaller album for both sets of parents. I do think it''s popular, but I''ve never heard it refered to as a tradition, then again I''ve been known to be oblivious :)

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Well, I *think* it''s pretty customary for the couple to get both sets of parents a thank you gift for their support through the wedding process (whether financial or not), and I think oftentimes the couple gets the parents an album as a thank you gift. I know my parents don''t really want a whole album though, so we aren''t doing this. Instead, I''m getting them a digital photo frame, and then they can put on wedding pics if they want.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm.... Maybe I have this wrong but I think that the tradition is that its included in the wedding budget, but take into account that it goes along with the tradition that the brides parents are paying for the wedding. IOW, the parents pay for it themselves. At least that has been my experience.

But like others said it makes a really grea gift/thank you for the parents (bride or groom).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of that as tradition. But we did buy albums for both families as thank you presents.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 9:17:20 AM
Author: Sabine
Well, I *think* it''s pretty customary for the couple to get both sets of parents a thank you gift for their support through the wedding process (whether financial or not), and I think oftentimes the couple gets the parents an album as a thank you gift. I know my parents don''t really want a whole album though, so we aren''t doing this. Instead, I''m getting them a digital photo frame, and then they can put on wedding pics if they want.
Me too, Sabine and we''re putting our baby/kid pics on there as well as current ones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 9:17:20 AM
Author: Sabine
Well, I *think* it''s pretty customary for the couple to get both sets of parents a thank you gift for their support through the wedding process (whether financial or not), and I think oftentimes the couple gets the parents an album as a thank you gift.
Ditto. A thank you is pretty customary (assuming one is warranted) and a popular choice is the album. Many photographers just have parent''s albums as part of their wedding packages. And some will, if you bargain with them, agree to include a couple if it''s not included. They aren''t usually LARGE photo-intensive albums, the ones I''ve seen have just a few shots of the B&G and the shots with the parents and siblings and other family. Very personalized.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
I concur. I don''t see it as a tradition, but I think it''s usually part of the packages people put together. We included one for my parents (my fiancee''s mom has passed), smaller, obviously than ours will be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results