shape
carat
color
clarity

Invite Dilemma - Opinions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered these simple invites online without the ribbon on top.
AWAC5619_zoom.jpg

Now that they've arrived they feel a little bare and I bought some ribbons to add ala Jean M, a skinny ribbon (white ribbed) over a thicker one(silver). I think it looks great and adds just the right touch. Unfortuantely, using them means that some of the wording is covered (although you can slide them down/off to read it). Is this ok? I'd rather they look plain than having anyone being confused confused by it.
I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think the card looks too plain without any ribbons. I like the look of your mock up. I don''t think people will be confused. But if you are worry about people being confused with the ribbons blocking some of the wordings, how about using just the thin ribbon so the wordings are not covered or using a sheer ribbon for the thick ribbon so the wordings can still be seen throught it. Or you can put the ribbon on the very top of the invitations.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I like that second sample with the sheer ribbon. Either way, people will definitely know to move the ribbon to read the invite. But make sure the invite fits neatly into the envelopes with the ribbon on them.. because it could be a tight fit and could get crushed and messy.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both.

I think people will know if they want to read it all, they just need to move the ribbon.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ribbons too..we did this for the save the dates. It was time consuming tho!! How about a vellum/or pretty paper wrap? They have some pretty papers out there and it is easy to do...

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Lovey, I initially planned on using a vellum overlay with the sheer silver ribbon but my invites are slightly larger than I thought. Standard vellum isn''t wide enough to wrap around; it''s off by 1/5 of a centimeter and I don''t have time to order a larger size.
8.gif

MelissaSue, I''ve put all the pieces together in the envelopes I ordered and they seem to fit fine. My only concern was the slight bulge where the ribbon is tied.
40.gif
I certainly don''t want it to crush the invite during mailing.

Sorry for being so neurotic. I just had to post here because I think my family is going to send me to an asylum if I bother them with this any more.

saturn

Shiny_Rock
I think that either ribbon configuration is fine. The sheer might be less work (only one ribbon to tie), but I do like the look of the double ribbon one.
Really, if people can''t figure out to move the ribbon in order to read the text, then they''ve got MUCH bigger problems...
So just go with whatever you like.
1.gif
They both look lovely!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2005 1:10:49 AM
Author: qtiekiki
... Or you can put the ribbon on the very top of the invitations.
I like the sheer ribbon a lot actually. I also like qtiekiki''s suggestion of moving the ribbon to the very top. But I think leaving the ribbon in the center is just fine too if you like it that way. I am sure people will figure out that they just need to move it if it is covering the words.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What colors are you using in the wedding? I would try to find a ribbon in one of the colors I am using, to tie it all together (no pun intended). I agree too that if someone is too dumb to move a ribbon over then they should be at the hospital and not at your wedding!.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about taking them to be hand canceled? It is a pain, but if you have a local post office, it is worth it. The machine they run them through could get caught on it where the bulgey part is. Find out which post office does it, and go in between breakfast and lunch with a bunch of coffees and doughnuts for the workers, smile sweetly, offer the treats, explain your situation and see what happens. I would not send that invite with bulk in the middle through a machine...it is also a nice touch to get one that has been done by hand!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the sheer ribbon very much.

I took my invites to the post office and asked for them to be hand cancelled...and I didn''t even bribe them with coffee and sweets! They look really nice and classy that way...and nothing gets damaged in a machine!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Firegoddess, our postal workers in the Philly area can be less than charming! If you walk in with a lot of invites, they can be a bit cranky! The treats are just to ensure quick service with a smile, but are not 100% necessary...never hurts to sweeten the pot, though...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to "sweeten the pot"...it never hurts to be extra nice to anyone. I just wanted to state that I personally did not do so...after all, it IS part of their job to hand cancel mail if someone requests it, so I didn't really think it was that big of a big deal. Now if I had 500 invites...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results