shape
carat
color
clarity

Hoops or tulle? The great crinoline debate.

One-hoop, or a-line with tulle?

• One-hoop, it''s cooler and not cumbersome

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • One-hoop, it''s more cumbersome but at least it''s cooler

• Tulle, hoops are cumbersome!

• Other (please comment)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Here's my dress.

alfredangelo1797mt%20(Medium).jpg

It doesn't need a big crinoline, I just want to give the skirt a little bit more definition. At first, I though I'd just wear an ordinary A-line slip with tulle (which I am wearing in this pic with the sample), and buy it from e-bay.

anchorsdress0021.jpg

But I'm starting to wonder about the heat. August 2nd is usually a pretty hot day (in the high 80s), and we're going to be out for photos in the warmest time of the day from noon to 1PM. The idea of wearing a three layers crinoline with tulle under my skirt (plus I have a bustier to cinch the waist and fill up the top, which I am also wearing in the pic with the sample) sounds very unpleasant.

Robbie wore hoops and mentioned it was cooler... I found a one-hoop crinoline on e-bay that could work (sorry, I wish I could give you links, but e-bay seems to makes my IE crash today), but I wonder... Would it be cumbersome? How difficult is it to sit down or kneel (I'm not certain if I'll have to or not during the ceremony) wearing a hooped crinoline?

Thoughts?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I know Robbie didn''t have a problem with her hoop skirt, but she also did not need to be kneeling. Her dress was a ball gown, but I remember they had to make the chuppa big enough for her and dh to stand under. Also, I think it may have been a bit cumbersome during the family pics when they were trying to squeeze a bunch of people in. I voted tulle because it looks perfect in the pic!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Anchor sweety, I don''t know anything about hoops and tulle - being a mermaid / sheath bride myself - but just wanted to say again how gorgeous your dress is and how perfect it is for you!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got married in Aug of 06 in a dress with a very similar shape as yours with a tulle slip. I don''t remember being too hot.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted tulle because it looks great on you! I have had no experience with either one so far but my dress looks similar in shape to yours, and I''m doing tulle. I would think a hoop would be cumbersome and may be uncomfortable. I can''t remember what your ceremony will be like but if you''re doing an outdoor ceremony and then heading inside to air conditioning, I think you''ll be fine.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I wore a tulle slip under a dress about as full as yours in September in Palm Springs (102 degress that day). I don''t remember being hot at all. I don''t have any experience with a hoop slip, but it just seems like there would be sitting/moving/getting close to people issues with a hoop. Would the hoop line be visible through the fabric also, making it less over all poof and more of a cone shape?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Mine had a tulle underskirt that gave the dress its shape. It was Oct in Texas, and hot outside, but not overwhelmingly hot in the dress.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think the tulle like you're wearing in the pic is what you need to wear. It looks perfect. I was worried about heat with my crinoline as well, and since I had an outdoor wedding, it WAS hot, but I wore a pair of "quik-wik" bike short style underwear and they helped keep me cool and sweat free. They aren't the sexiest item of clothing to wear on your wedding day, but they WORKED.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I think I''ll go with the tulle... Sumbride, thanks for the tips, I might try just that!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
MINIMS - I LOVE dyed crinoline. I''m not sure about doing it though, since my dress has colour on it already.

Isolde

Rough_Rock
I think the tulle would suffice, and it probably won''t be too hot. Either way, you look amazing in your dress!
2.gif

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I would say go for the crinoline. One thing I''d suggest, though, is my grandmother''s little trick. Crinoline can be itchy (especilly if your legs are a bit sweaty or warm). To avoid this, my grandmother takes old oxford shirts (any button-up shirt would work) and uses the shirt material to create a liner for the crinoline. It protects your legs from the itchy crinoline and, because the shirt material is a light weight cotton, it doesn''t add any bulk or heat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results