shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with my STDs, please and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So with all the STD talk going around, I figure I should get started on mine as well, since I have to send them out within the next month! My work is really rough and I''m terrible at anything artsy. So suggestions and comments will be much appreciated!

I bought these mini cards (8cm x 13cm) from the Paper Source, except mine has an ivory background with pale champagne coloured brocade:

save the date card.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Attachments

• save the date memo for PS.ppt
    31 KB · Views: 182

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this is what I am thinking of printing inside. I am unsure if I should put our monogram in there or instead replace it with three little swarovski crystals. What do you guys think of the font and colour?

savethedatememoforPS.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour is actually more of a dark peach. Looks pink here. Also, it looks really blurred becauseI turned it into a picture from powerpoint.

I initially made it with a border, but I thought it would look weird in a card. What do you think? I want the card to open landscape as opposed to potrait.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Love it, kama!! Looking good!!
9.gif

I love the crystal idea ...
I may be biased since I used on mine as well.
2.gif

I think that you should be able to nicely incorporate both the monogram and the crystal into your beautiful design.
The font is wonderful as well .. beautiful and easy to read.

Perhaps a single crystal could be placed if there was a greater space between the Save the Date words and the monogram. Just a thought but I am sure that our PS DIY gurus will think of something fabulous for you if that doesn''t work.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love the cards and the brocade pattern!

I think the proof is quite nice... I enjoy the contrast between the peach color and the dark print. The only thing I would possibly change would be to find a dark font that is a little softer so it doesn''t clash too much with the script.

I sifted through the fonts in my outdated version of Word and the only suggestion I could come up with is Garamond.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very pretty - I really like the look of a block font for everything, except the names in a script font. I also think maybe using only one crystal would be a nice touch!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
kama- I see you are thinking of my suggestion to meresal with her STD!
28.gif
I honestly think that it would look better than the monogram. While the monogram is nice, it seems misplaced or too small perhaps...........Otherwise, I think it will be quite lovely indeed! OR! Perhaps since it is a card, you could first make the monogram larger and place the monogram on the cover with the rest on the inside!!!
(graphic designer here)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the great suggestions Sparkalicious, Clairitek and TheBigT! I'm going to play around with the spacing and the fonts!

Dreamgirl, I agree with you. The monogram seems a little out of place. I think the crystals would look more elegant. Did anyone not use their monogram in their save-the-dates?

I feel as though if I have it, I should use it. That said, less is always more.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 9:53:24 PM
Author: kama_s
Dreamgirl, I agree with you. The monogram seems a little out of place. I think the crystals would look more elegant. Did anyone not use their monogram in their save-the-dates?

I feel as though if I have it, I should use it. That said, less is always more.
Hmmm ... I see what you guys are saying. Good point. How about playing with it a little bit ... maybe moving around the way everything is positioned?? Monogram (larger) at the top and the Save the Date beneath it with a crystal in the middle space between the two??? I am not a graphic designer like Dreamgirl with her FAB ideas so I''m not great at articulating ideas, however, I still think that, if you want it, you can make it work, and make it work well! What do you think?

To answer your question, we used our monogram on our save the dates ... I was of the same impression - if you have, you might as well use it, especially since we were certain it would also be on our invites.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!!!

I actually love the monogram as opposed to the crystals (which may fall off in the mail?). Maybe just change the monogram style to no box around it?

And as a side note, I am super excited you are getting married the same weekend as me! Once again, another freaky coincidence!!! hehehehe.

FI and I also have a website we are listing on our invitations!!! We just ordered ours from stephita.com

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkalicious: I''ll move things around to see it will all fit better, thanks for your suggestion!
1.gif
Alas, I''m no designer either!!

ILTW: Awesomeness! As for the crystals, I''ll stick them well, so I dont think they''ll come off. I''m unsure if I''ll keep the monogram for good....I''ve made quite a few so far and I keep changing my mind!! I LOVE Stephita''s invites! We went to see them earlier this summer - their work is beautiful and they''re SO reasonable. I cant decide if I should go with them, or this other company in Niagara who would also do some of the other decor for me. Would love to see yours when they''re made! Also, join Pricescoper''s unite on fb...I''d love to add you as a friend on fb :)

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 12:03:22 AM
Author: kama_s
Sparkalicious: I''ll move things around to see it will all fit better, thanks for your suggestion!
1.gif
Alas, I''m no designer either!!

ILTW: Awesomeness! As for the crystals, I''ll stick them well, so I dont think they''ll come off. I''m unsure if I''ll keep the monogram for good....I''ve made quite a few so far and I keep changing my mind!! I LOVE Stephita''s invites! We went to see them earlier this summer - their work is beautiful and they''re SO reasonable. I cant decide if I should go with them, or this other company in Niagara who would also do some of the other decor for me. Would love to see yours when they''re made! Also, join Pricescoper''s unite on fb...I''d love to add you as a friend on fb :)
omg there is a pricescope facebook page!!! hahahahaha
totally joining!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I really like that card! I love the idea of adding crystals, and second that while the monogram is a really nice touch, it looks a little small to have impact on the proof. Could you do something like have crystals where the monogram is, and then have a big monogram on the back? Or as a sticker seal for the envelope?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
kama- That brocade is beautiful! Is it an envelope, and will they open up and have the writing on the inside? I think they are great!

I don''t really have an opinion on the monogram vs sparkle, other than the fact that I LOVE what dreamgirl did with mine on the other thread. I''m sure it would look wonderful for yours as well. I''ve also heard of people trying to minimize using the monogram before actually being married, but that is just heresay(sp??).

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sabine: I agree! I think I''m going to get rid of the monogram for now...it seems a bit cluttered. I''ll put the monogram somewhere on our wedsite, so I guess it''s of some use atleast! I did think of monogrammed envelope seals...but the smallest I could find were 1" seals, and that would be waaayy too big on my little cards.

Meresal: I love what Dreamgirl did with your STDs as well! I might just put three little cystals between the ''Save the date'' and the rest of the content. And yep, it''s an envelope with the card inside. I want the card to open up landscape with the writing inside in landscape as well :)

I''m searching for small, pretty and inexpensive envelope seals for my cards....so if anyone has any suggestions, I''d be ever grateful!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwww you ladies are so sweet! I''m so happy you liked the idea. I love being of help to others!
28.gif

meresal- I didn''t know you loved it so much! Which one did you like better? Or have you thought of placing them in another spot? Did I get the color right?
kama- I think that would look very elegant if you did 3 little crystals!

YAY!!!
36.gif
Obviously if you go this way, I would love to see the finished product. I''m sure whatever you ladies do will look gorgeous regardless!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamgirl, for a card my size, what size crystal should I use? I cant decide btween ss10 and ss12. Have you used either sizes before? I am also think of just putting one crystal instead of three. What size do you think would look better? Here is a link to the sizes:
Size Chart

It''s hard to tell the difference between the two on the screen, but I don''t want it to be too (for lack of a better word) blingy!

Thanks for your help!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your welcome for my help! I love to help!!!

I would say ss12. They are both small but the ss12 is just a touch larger so I think it will work perfectly. (Enough so that you at least see it) I don't think it would be too blingy because of the size you are going for. It's very dainty. It will look good IMO.
28.gif

BTW, if you are worried about the size, you could probably check your local Michael's or craft store and see what they have in stock to possibly see the actual size.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dreamgirl! I''ll order them today! I''ll post pics once they''re all done :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results