shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with accessory ideas for this dress :)

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
Hiya all!

I''m about to take the plunge and order the La Sposa Laurel dress. But before I do so I would like help with ideas of what accessories I can wear with this dress to make it more BLING! as the dress itself is quite plain (and also a matt finish). I call it the "mummy dress" as my mother said it looks like I''m wrapped in gauz bandages like a mummy (she was joking).

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions
9.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress! I don''t think it''s "plain" at all. I don''t think you need many accessories w/ this dress!

I know, I''m not much help; just wanted to say that you picked a gorgeous dress!

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
Thanks BeachRunner :)

Oh and I forgot to say earlier that I was thinking of putting crystal blingy brooch over the know of the bow on the chest. Do you think that it would be too much?

I''m having issues visualising as the stule of dress is not very traditional.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 11:36:26 PM
Author: bleeblue
Thanks BeachRunner :)

Oh and I forgot to say earlier that I was thinking of putting crystal blingy brooch over the know of the bow on the chest. Do you think that it would be too much?

I''m having issues visualising as the stule of dress is not very traditional.
I think it is lovely as is
1.gif

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
I would totally leave the dress as it is and let it show off for itself. It''s actually not plain at all with all the layers of fabric and curves - far from it in my opinion.

For jewelry, I would keep it very simple - you don''t want to take attention away from that gorgeous dress! I would do a diamond bracelet, diamond earrings, and bare neckline. Simple and classic!

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
That dress is seriously stunning!

I would just wear some big drop earrings, and maybe a bracelet. I wouldn''t bother with a brroch, I don''t think you need it.

Something like these might work:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/46366724/vintage-silver-harlow-earrings-3-inch

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I like the dress as is, I''d just add drop earrings and maybe a simple diamond or pearl pendant.

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments on the dress Dannielle, turboflgrl, Lozza and Bella_mezzo.

Hummm maybe I''m just a bling-a-holic
3.gif

How do you think some art deco like these earring would look with the dress? Are the styles too mismatched?

artdeco earrings green.JPG

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I think a broach would be a little much.This dress is so beautiful with it's architectural details.I would say a pair of maybe nice simple drop earrings and that's it.

Oh! you posted the earrings right before I posted.I love them.I think they would look great!

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
The details of that dress are so architecturally magnificent! I agree with allowing the dress to make the statement. I know the model's job was to show the dress, but not pairing it with jewelry and pulling her hair back in a simple no frills style, allows the focus to be all about that genius design. It is simply DREAMY!

How will you wear your hair? If up had you considered to bling up your updo instead?

I think the bow was added to showcase the joining of the layering. Sort of like an accessory on it's own. Leaving it as is, is also pleasing to my eye.

I would choose one if I HAD TO. Drop earrings OR bracelet. While I love LOVE LOVE the deco emeralds, I would shy from that style/color. Perhaps something more modern or classic. Just not deco?

I think the bracelet could be more about width and bling. Cuff like perhaps pearl or sparkle?

I can't wait to see your wedding pictures. That dress is simply STUNNING...all on it's own. Thrilled for your selection!
36.gif

PS...get those earrings! Wear them to the rehearsal. You need to have them! (so I can borrow them!
2.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
that dress! I''ve been waiting for a PSer to get it! I think it''s absolutely stunning as is -- don''t over-accessorize or it may be too much. I love the emerald drop earrings, but I''d go for just them and drop the brooch.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 10:25:46 AM
Author: CasaBlanca
The details of that dress are so architecturally magnificent! I agree with allowing the dress to make the statement. I know the model''s job was to show the dress, but not pairing it with jewelry and pulling her hair back in a simple no frills style, allows the focus to be all about that genius design. It is simply DREAMY!

How will you wear your hair? If up had you considered to bling up your updo instead?

I think the bow was added to showcase the joining of the layering. Sort of like an accessory on it''s own. Leaving it as is, is also pleasing to my eye.

I would choose one if I HAD TO. Drop earrings OR bracelet. While I love LOVE LOVE the deco emeralds, I would shy from that style/color. Perhaps something more modern or classic. Just not deco?

I think the bracelet could be more about width and bling. Cuff like perhaps pearl or sparkle?

I can''t wait to see your wedding pictures. That dress is simply STUNNING...all on it''s own. Thrilled for your selection!
36.gif

PS...get those earrings! Wear them to the rehearsal. You need to have them! (so I can borrow them!
2.gif
Totally agree. Those earrings are to die for, but they just don''t seem to fit the mood of the dress. I think I would go with a more modern style drop earring.

Your dress is so beautful!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous dress! I agree with the other posters - drop earrings and a bracelet might be enough accessories.. that dress is stunning on its own

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Amzizzle, CasaBlanca, mscushion, KittyGolightly, Maevie and bigdiamondtinygal

I think I will scrap the brooch idea - you are all right in that it would be too much.

CasaBlanca – I will be wearing my hair up in a low smooth bun with a bit of height in the crown. Maybe I should add a nice jeweled brooch in my hair.

Bigdiamondtinygal - I really like the first pair you posted. I like the second ones too but I can’t wear earrings with a wire top as I have uneven piercings and wire just makes it really obvious.

I found these earrings - what do you guys think:

Jvintage.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results