shape
carat
color
clarity

help me pick my 3rd color & flowers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Ok so here''s the basic info:

My colors are black, white & ?? I was thinking pink, but then i''m a little drawn to orange, BUT I live in Knoxville, TN, the home of the Vols and I don''t want my wedding to be associated with the football team because we are getting married the day UT plays Auburn.

It''s an outdoor wedding at the Museum of Appalachia in a lush green field overlooking a grist mill. My BM''s are wearing tea length, strapless black dresses. The date is Sept 27, so it''ll be fall and the trees will be turning shades of orange and red, so will the pink be too much of a contrast? Would orange flowers be over kill?

I really don''t want a bouquet of roses as roses aren''t really my thing. I like Gerber Daisies and lillies (but not calla lillies).

Any suggestions?

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
OH! Teal! The bluish-green hue will contrast so well with the fall colors. Then you could do white flowers with little accents...and even maybe some orange or pink little accents.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the pink would be fine. I am currently obsessed with the look of black, white, and apple green. We hope to use green apples in the centerpieces and some decor type things to tie in the fall/harvest type seasonal element. I am going to try to attach a pic of the inspiration.

applegreen and damask.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock

largirl

Shiny_Rock
What about a non-Vols orange color like tangerine? Or a beautiful red like garnet...

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I''m doing black white and pink!! So obviously I''m biased...but I was seriously considering green for a while instead of pink.

What if you did a mixture of hot pink and orange? It would give you a nice pop of color against the green of the field...Or, yellow might be nice too? Again, it would stand out against the green of the field....

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
if you''ve always dreamed of pink then go for the pink, but i think that a shade of yellow, orange or red would probably look a little more cohesive, especially when you look back in pictures. some hues of green, blue or purple might also look nice

so...pretty much any color other than pink
20.gif
? maybe if you kept the pink a very rich/dark hue it would look better? (just probably not hot or baby pink?)

I think you have tons of options! All of the ones mentioned above would look great! Pink could be really fun and feminine.

Another fave of mine is black, white, and yellow - see sprinchic''s bio on the knot for inspiration. This is more of a modern look.

it depends what you''re going for! :)

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I think black, white, and pink would be nice. I would add cream to the colour palette as well, though, to soften up the colour contrasts at bit. Black and white together can be harsh - cream softens it up and allows other colours to be blended in nicely as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results