shape
carat
color
clarity

have you ever thought

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls

I don''t really post in this forum, but i regulary check up to see what everyone else plans are and how your big day went!
Im not sure whether it is just that I am having a lot of stress in my life atm or whether it is something more.

A little background info we got engaged in late July and the wedding is planned for 04/04/10 as I graduate next october so before then seemed like a lot of stress and multi-tasking. Unfortunetley from a wedding planning aspect I have a huge huge family. Currently when i am getting quotes for receptions the guest list is looking like 130 people ... this is cutting it back to the absoloute minimum. Over 80of these guest are JUST family.

Each time i think about planning the wedding i feel really overwhelmed and unsure. Don''t get me wrong it is not the vows that are concerning me, quite the opposite actually, sometimes i think that it might just be simpiler just aviod all the fuss and just have a very small and intimate wedding with just our close family and friends and have it much sooner than our planned date.

I guess what Im asking is has anyone else felt like this, or am i just having a slump and what did you do about it?
TIA
Supergirl

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
I think it is a slump, and everyone feels it (even those of us who are not even engaged and are still trying to plan a wedding...
12.gif
)

I wish i could offer some advice on how to help take away the stress, but i dont have much. however i do know that the words of wisdom from all the past brides here will definitely help!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
wedding planning is definitely stressful, and everyone has those "OMG shoot me" moments...even those of us who got so obsessed with wedding planning that we''d like to do it professionally!
9.gif
that being said, if you really think doing a small wedding with just the nearest and dearest would suit you better, there''s nothing wrong with that. don''t feel obligated to have a huge crazy wedding just because you have a huge crazy family. another thing to remember--i was in your shoes, too (my family''s Irish-Italian, so everyone has 7 or 8 kids. there''s waaaaaay too many of us!), and to make it even worse, my husband''s family is small, scattered all over the globe, and not very close, so i was really worried about the whole guest list being my side except for maybe 5 people, BUT your whole guest list WILL NOT attend your wedding. also, with a big family, i''m guessing some of those people are ones you have to invite because they''re related, but you already know the invitation is just a formality; add to that the people that you think will come but that will already have plans or just not feel like going or whatever, and your guest list won''t be so overwhelming. ultimately, do what makes the two of you happy, whether that''s a 400 person wedding or a 14 person wedding. best of luck to you, and don''t worry too much!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Planning a *good* wedding is a huge undertaking. What you''re feeling is totally normal.

However, having a small intimate affair is a totally beautiful way to get married. No one *needs* the big fuss to exchange vows, it has to be something that you willingly choose for yourself--it takes a lot, and you need to be totally into it, or it won''t be fun and you''ll be completely miserable...so if doing it all on a smaller scale feels right to you, then thats how you should proceed for sure.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I don''t hate wedding planning, but I do feel like I don''t have the time and energy (and money...) to create my "ideal" -- so I''m trying to stay pretty simple (and hey, even that takes time, energy and money, apparently). I''m pretty pleased with the way things seem to be developing - but I still get overwhelmed, especially when I realized all the little details I COULD be considering. I think it''s important to focus on the big things and try to avoid getting tangled up in the minutiae.

I still periodically wish I''d made the decision just to have close family and friends in a small ceremony with a quiet dinner afterward (like my fiance wanted). I don''t know if what you''re experiencing is a slump - but if you don''t want to plan a big wedding, you shouldn''t. It can produce a lot of aggravation and stress and drama. For me, I think it''ll be worthwhile in the end, but it''s not everyone''s cup of tea!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to tell you, I felt incredibly overwhelmed initially, especially since I''m in school as well. Once I had the ball rolling, and things were moving along, it''s been quite an exciting experience. I think you just need to get over that beginning hurdle - starting was the hardest part for me!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 9:31:34 AM
Author: kama_s
I have to tell you, I felt incredibly overwhelmed initially, especially since I''m in school as well. Once I had the ball rolling, and things were moving along, it''s been quite an exciting experience. I think you just need to get over that beginning hurdle - starting was the hardest part for me!

I''ve been kind of the opposite! I was so kung-ho for the first while and now I haven''t done any planning since May! Seriously though once you get into the planning it is incredibly exciting seeing how everything pans out and seeing everything come together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results