shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun, inexpensive honeymoon ideas, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My Fiance was just laid off, we are a little tight on money and want a honeymoon!! Any ideas on what would be fun, realxing and not too expensive? We are trying to put as much together as we can by August, we would like to go somewhere that would be relaxing and quiet- I really want to go to the beach :) Any ideas are really appreciated and I thank anyone who contributes!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
It depends on where you live. I live on the East Coast so some ideas are:

Cancun
Puerto Rico
Miami
Bahamas

There are also lots of cruises that are relatively inexpensive these days.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
We live in Houston, I didn''t even think about that. I haven''t ever been to Mexico what are the best places to go?

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been to both the East and West coasts of Mexico -- Cancun and Cabo San Lucas. Both were fantastic. Very relaxing. Very romantic. I''m sure you can find plenty of deals for hotels, but with those places, I''m not sure you want all-inclusive. Both cities have a tremendous amount of restaurants -- ranging from all sorts of food and all sorts of prices.
I don''t know how the flights would be from Houston to either of those places though.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Isn't South Padre Island a close destination for you?

How about a little secret here in the Midwest - Want Relaxing? Quiet? Lots of sand and water to enjoy in August? Inexpensive? How about - Michigan! More beaches and quite places then you can shake a stick at. Fly into Midway in Chicago (cheap flights) and rent a car and drive 2-3 hours to Saugatuck. Heck, maybe enjoy a night in Chicago too.

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Couldn''t resist answering this one! 20+ years ago my DH and I honeymooned on the Mayan Riviera, which is Cancun and the little towns up and down the coast. It''s become even more chic than it was then and is just a hop, skip and jump from Houston. Not only can you have your sun and relaxation in Cancun (yes, you can snorkel) but you can do cultural things, if you like, and see some fabulous Mayan ruins which is what we did. We have some of the best photos on tops of pyramids and in the ancient ball courts. It was great and the most memorable trip we have ever taken to date. It seems that the most expensive part of the trip would be hotel and there is a range of hotels down there. The cost to see the ruins is minimal if I recall, just mostly transportation to get yourselves to them.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes!

An old boyfriend and I backpacked around the Yucatan several years ago. I can name several wonderful places there. They are really near Cancun, but cheaper...and somewhat less resorty.

Playa del Carmen: A charming town, pretty beach, once a fishing village, now more of a tourist destination.

Isla Mujeres: Just a ferry ride from Cancun. Very cute and small...reminded me of Key West in a way--we were able to book a snorkling trip to Isla Contoy to see beautiful fish! Very inexpensive, very romantic.

Tulum: Gorgeous! There is nothing there but the ruins and some beachside places. We stayed in thatched huts at a place called Los Gatos, No electricity, no phones. There are several spa type places nearby.

if you can get to the beaches off the coast of Oaxaca...they are fantasitc, romantic and cheap! One of my favorite places ever was a beach called Zipolite. I remember eating by candlelight with my toes in the sand under a start jeweled sky for next to nothing.

I highly recommend Mexico. The dollar goes far there, and being close to Texas you can probably get there cheaply.

Go to a bookstore and check out some of the places. I bet you can find a bargain. Good luck.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you all sooo much!! I am really excited and all these ideas are perfect for us!! Once again, thanks so much!

Update:: We have just booked a 7day cruise out of Galveston to go through Mexico and to Belize- we are soooo excited!! Thanks for the imput!! :)
36.gif

emteeth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results