shape
carat
color
clarity

First Shopping Trip

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laru0283

Rough_Rock
Hey all! I''ve been a lurker here for awhile, and also been really dormant for a long time (just went through a biiig move..) Anyways, I just got engaged 6 months ago, and just recently started planning and searching for my wedding style.
So this past weekend I went for my first wedding gown shopping trip! And, since I can''t share the pictures with FI just in case, I figured I''d post for you ladies and see what you think!
Hopefully this works....

favedressnum1.jpg

laru0283

Rough_Rock
This is the detail on the belt around the waistline...

fave_detail.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!!!

Your dress is lovely...congratulations!
36.gif

laru0283

Rough_Rock
I wasn''t looking for black, but I loved the way this top fit me...
9.gif

blackhaltertop.jpg

laru0283

Rough_Rock
Thanks Harleigh!!

I haven''t yet decided on the dress... but as you can tell I''m leaning toward the first one
2.gif
It was only my first trip, and (hopefully) this will be my only wedding, so I''m going to go a few more places and look for different things!

Plus it''s always fun to put on beautiful gowns!!
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 12:00:47 AM
Author: laru0283

Well the second one is my dream dress
30.gif
(so jealous!) so I love that one and it looks great on you. Is it Jim Hjelm or Monique Lhullier? I think it would look lovely with a long plain one tiered veil!

The other one is very pretty from the front but a lot going on in back.

Which do you prefer?

BTW, what shop is that? It look lovely!

laru0283

Rough_Rock
I know, it was sooo gorgeous!! I''m pretty sure it was Watters and Watters....

The first one looks busy in the back because the dress was huge and the sales girl had to pin a lot of fabric up in the back. Plus with the added bow and the veil, it did end up looking like too much. I think I''d have to go with a much simpler veil...

The shop is in Urbana, Illinois - Michelle''s Bridal

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I can''t decide which one I like better, #1 or #2! They both look great on you! I love the lace one because it''s got such a vintagey vibe...but the first one is so cool-I really like the cut of it and I like the back, too. Hmm...if forced to pick, I would probably choose #2. But #1 is great on you, too!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 12:12:42 AM
Author: laru0283
Thanks Harleigh!!

I haven''t yet decided on the dress... but as you can tell I''m leaning toward the first one
2.gif
It was only my first trip, and (hopefully) this will be my only wedding, so I''m going to go a few more places and look for different things!

Plus it''s always fun to put on beautiful gowns!!
36.gif
Aww, crap! I just saw the other pictures, so I guess I spoke too soon! Sorry for posting in between your pictures!
23.gif

I must say that I do like the flow of #2 a lot...it is very flattering to your figure...so, um, I guess now I''m undecided!

I am absolutely no help at all!
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both dresses are really pretty but I *think* I like #2 a little more.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Wow, they both look GREAT on you!!! I think I like the first one better, but they are both two really different looks. (similar cut which is super flattering to your figure, I wish I could wear dresses like that!) The first one I feel like is lighter and more "modern". Lace I always feels like is a softer more "classical" (beacuse I dont'' want to say old) look. It just depends on what you''re going for at your wedding.

Congratulations on your engagement though and have fun dress shopping! :D

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love number 1 on you! The color is very flattering for you skin tone and hugs your curve nicely! It has a very retro feel too!

The second dress is nice as well, but I think the fullnes of the skirt and the material of the first one look very expensive and scream BRIDE!

Either one you are going to make a gorgeous bride.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
May I ask who the designer is on the first dress or where you tried it on. I love it!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hello laru0283,

You are a very pretty young lady, you will look beautiful in whichever outfit you choose.

Out of the 2 options I think #1 looks more structured and bridal, even without the lace.

However, in your last pic, (the one with the black top) my eye was drawn to the gown at the back; strapless simple bodice with ruffled skirt. Try that one on, I think it would be beautiful....
31.gif

Enjoy this time.

E B

Ideal_Rock
The first one looks fabulous on you! (Well, they all do, but that one looks the MOST fabulous!)

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - absolutely, 100% dress number 1. It''s stunning on you and you seem like you are glowing in those pictures. The ivory color is classic and very flattering on you. LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
#1 - hands down.

the second one''s top part is too thick. misproportioned.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I keep coming back to this thread and revisiting the dresses. I think I might change my mind. While I love the top half of the first dress, I love the bottom half of the second one. I know that''s no help though.
9.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I think number 1 is most flattering on you, hands down! The colours works beautifully with your skin tone and hair. I love the fit and the deep V neckline on you as well.

The white dress is nice but the colour doesn''t flatter you as well, and the black top on the third one is a bit severe, IMO.

laru0283

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much!!! You''re so sweet!

The first dress is my favorite so far. I did try others on, but nothing that I liked as much as these two. I believe they''re both from Watters & Watters, and I had seen them both on the website.
Here''s the website pics of them both...

wattersdressstyle1039b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results