shape
carat
color
clarity

First Dance Songs - Father of the Bride/ Bride ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
All of this wedding ruminating can make one very sentimental. What song have you picked/ did you pick for your Father of the Bride/ Bride dance? I''ve always loved Helen Reddy''s "You and Me Against the World". http://users.cis.net/sammy/youandme.htm has a slightly chipper version on it''s site. The lyrics are precious to me and recall, for me, a time that Dad and I were very much on our own. What sons have y''all picked for this very special dance?

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
I know this is kinda cliche but we are dancing to "My Girl" by the Temptations. It is an awesome foxtrot! My dad and I were practicing this weekend (he is a good ballroom dancer). My FI and I will be doing a foxtrot too, it will be the easier to do in my dress than a waltz...
Nicole

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
my dad is a big julio iglesias fan and our first language is spanish so we''re dancing to julio iglesias'' "de nina a mujer" (from girl to woman). i know a lot of people there won''t understand the lyrics, but he and i will both be crying.

i have no idea what my first dance song will be though with FI.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Novia- We're considering the Julio song as well!!

But dad really likes Frank Sinatra, so we may end up doing either Fly Me To the Moon, or The Way You Look Tonight. Others on our list include Stevie Wonder's Isn't She Lovely, and You are the Sunshine of My Life. Decisions, decisions!

We're gonna have to go with one of the shorter songs, as dad is 89 and can't pull off the Tony Manero moves anymore!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad is a huge Elvis fan so our song was ''Can''t Help Falling in Love With You.''

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Ours was Lee Ann Womack''s I Hope You Dance. Dad almost picked Izzy''s "Somewhere over the Rainbow/It''s a Wonderful World cover too.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
we did sinatra''s the way you look tonight - my dad wanted to do a foxtrot, so it seemed appropriate.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Aww. just reading these responses makes me want to cry....I am so sentimental about my dad...as a little girl I always felt the safest with him, in his arms....Funny how some things never change.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
*sigh*

All these posts make me wish I had a father who I was happy to have in my life. You girls are very lucky.
15.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Galateia, I am sorry. I do consider myself to be very lucky to have a dad like I do, in fact, my whole family is wonderful, and I feel very blessed. Although I dont talk to them as much as I would like to sometimes, I never take them for granted.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think there was topic on this once before, but that''s ok! I''ll tell my story again
2.gif

When I was about 9 or 10, cd''s players had become main stream for households, but not yet for cars. My parents are notorious for buying "greatest hits" albums, and my dad had just purchased the Frank Sinatra collection. He wanted me to convert some of the songs to tape for him so he could listen in his car. He told me his favorite song was "summer wind" & I could put it in whenever there was extra space on the tape.

So, I put Summer Wind on his tapes about 12 times.
11.gif
So that''s always kind of been our special song and that''s what we''ll dance to at my wedding. Most people probably won''t get it, but that''s ok with me
9.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
My dad really likes frank as well, but i''m leaning towards the Crosby, Stills and Nash song "Teach your Children" He''s really taught me well and i can''t ever begin to thank him enough. I''m the only daughter in my family (i have two brothers) and my father and i are like peas in a pod - so i know that he''s been waiting for the wedding dance moment...tears are inevitable. in a good way.

i just wonder if that song is danceable...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
oh, our first dance song is "maybe i''m amazed" written by paul mccartney for his wife linda.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea what our father-daughter song was! I left it up to my dad to choose and he''s a big Sinatra fan, so I think it was a Sinatra song. But I really couldn''t say!

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
We''re going to dance to Don Williams'' "I Believe in Love". But he doesn''t know that yet.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Galateia, my dad won''t be at my wedding, either. Long story short, he was a wonderful dad as I was growing up but changed completely around the time I turned twenty and now he doesn''t even know I''m getting married.

My brother is walking me down the aisle (because no one is giving me away; I am giving myself) and I''ll dance with him instead of my father. I plan to use "In My Life" by the Beatles because my brother has been there for me my entire life.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 9:07:50 AM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*
I think there was topic on this once before, but that''s ok! I''ll tell my story again
2.gif

When I was about 9 or 10, cd''s players had become main stream for households, but not yet for cars. My parents are notorious for buying ''greatest hits'' albums, and my dad had just purchased the Frank Sinatra collection. He wanted me to convert some of the songs to tape for him so he could listen in his car. He told me his favorite song was ''summer wind'' & I could put it in whenever there was extra space on the tape.

So, I put Summer Wind on his tapes about 12 times.
11.gif
So that''s always kind of been our special song and that''s what we''ll dance to at my wedding. Most people probably won''t get it, but that''s ok with me
9.gif

Summer Wind was our cake cutting song! I love that song
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
For my father/daughter dance we used My Little Girl by Steve Kirwan. I just love the lyrics!

From the moment I first held you
And rocked you to sleep
In my heart I knew
A child is never yours to keep
I knew one day you''d learn to fly
But I never dreamed what I''d feel inside

CHORUS
As I dance the last dance
With my little girl
And the first with the woman
Who''s found her place in the world
I see the woman in you
But for my whole life through
You''ll always be my little girl

You wrapped me ‘round your finger
Your smile made me melt
I wished so many times
I would''ve told you how I felt
From your first steps
to sweet sixteen
The rush of memories
feels like a dream

CHORUS

I see the woman in you
But for my whole life through
You''ll always be my little girl

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Don't feel too bad for me -- most people get good and bad in both their parents, I just got mine all in one and all in the other.
2.gif

My father hasn't heard hide nor hair of me since I was 13 and started putting two and two together. Parents may think they can fool their kids forever, but sooner or later, they're old enough to blow your cover, and it's all over.

I'd like to invite my paternal aunts to my wedding, but then my father will know I'm getting married. That man deserves to be punished by my estrangement every day for the rest of his life. I will not go to his funeral, but I might throw a party.

That being said, my mother is the wisest, spunkiest, most incredible woman I have ever had the fortune to meet. I'm glad I'm her daughter, because it gave me the chance to get to know her better than anyone else, and dang, she is one fantastic lady. My friends have always been jealous of how amazing my mother is, and frequently call her for advice before they'd call their own parents.

She'll be the one who gives me away, because she has been all the family I'd ever need. I might have been the child of a single mother, but no one could ask to be more loved, supported, and encouraged as I have been by my mother, and I wouldn't trade that in for a nuclear family if I had a choice.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dad and I are doing our dance at the end of the wedding reception when everyone is in a circle around us, to Michael Buble''s ''Save the Last Dance for Me''. He will definiately cry so I thought I''d better have a fairly uplifting song
41.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 9:20:33 PM
Author: Galateia
*sigh*

All these posts make me wish I had a father who I was happy to have in my life. You girls are very lucky.
15.gif

i was thinking the same thing- but in reverse. to have a father want me in his life...
reading dani''s post sorta made me all watery-eyed.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 9:42:30 AM
Author: lovelylulu
oh, our first dance song is ''maybe i''m amazed'' written by paul mccartney for his wife linda.

sigh- that''s one of my favs! my friend just used it for their first dance song.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results