shape
carat
color
clarity

eloping but still want a high style wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ariana

Rough_Rock
My bf and I (mostly I) are looking at wedding and honeymoon destinations for our wedding in a few years- early I no. Anyways, I want a simple wedding with paper lanterns, string lights, and a floral wedding arch like the wedding scene in the movie THE HANGOVER. It would just be the two of us but I want a beautiful private location with a make up artist, photography, cake, and videography etc... Anyone no of a place? Would this be out of the ordinary?

Also for the honeymoon we have a few options:
1. Going to sandals and having a simple wedding and spending about a week there (all inclusive)
2. Going to sandals and having a simple wedding, spend a couple days there then go on a hawaiian cruise
3. Have a local wedding in MA then go on a hawaiian cruise

What do you guys think?? HELP
23.gif

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
I would look into Excellence and Secret resorts. They have a more "modern" take on things than Sandals. I have personally stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico and their service and property is absolute heaven. IMO, Sandals is overrated and tired looking, although people still love them- I like a more modern luxury feeling. I hope that helps....

Oh and if you are looking into a Hawaiian cruise, make sure you don''t used Norwegian- even though the have more ports of call-service is hit or miss. The decor in the staterooms are very "loud" also.

BTW, I used to be a travel consultant, but still very much involved with stuff.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I think your best bet would to elope privately in a local courthouse and then find a place to stage the setup you want. It seems to me to be the only way to guarantee it unless you want to travel with all the lanterns, hire a florist, etc.

If you are really sold on the idea of a destination elopement, though, I would certainly look for more high-end resorts that do less weddings, if you want this kind of work from your on-site coordinator. At places like Sandals or cruises, they try to force the wedding into a template as much as possible since they have such a high demand and most couples using them want something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results