shape
carat
color
clarity

Critique my centerpiece idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I am gathering pictures to give to our wedding planner so she can get an idea about what we are envisioning as far as design.

Our colors are dark grey and apple green. We want a very clean, modern look. We''ll have about 12 round tables (give or take).

I LOVE branch centerpieces and am not too big on flowers. I want a little bit of floral accents to soften things up, but I am so not the type of bride that wants flowers dripping from every surface. That look is beautiful but not for me. My big thing is CANDLES! LOVE THEM!

Anyhoo, I''m thinking that half of our tables can have apples in a tall clear glass container, and half can have branches (tall glass yadda yadda..). We''ll include candles and some simple floral arrangements around those main components.

Here are two looks that I want to combine and modify. Its not very wedding-y. Am I off my rocker?
31.gif
Suggestions welcome. Key words: green, white, branches, glass, candles, CLEAN

apples12.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
This looks sparse but I really do love it that way. I'd add something more around the bottom.

Again, it would be half apple tables and half branch tables with candles and very simple flowers all around.

simplebranch.jpg

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a great idea actually! I think combined with the candles it will give it a clean, modern look but also have a romantic feel at the same time. And it''s different which I think is great!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! I''m going for something similar but even more simple. I''m just going to have a bowl with different kind of fruits in it. My plan is to have the guest eat the fruit, together with edible favors, and voila! No Hors D''oeurves
9.gif

And I love your branch idea. Is your wedding in the fall? Are you going to allow your guests to eat the apples?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you doing these yourself? Because I think they would be easily DIY. I love the apples and I love the branches. I think they look great. Yes, they are sparse. Especially the branches. And yes, most brides would either wire orchid blooms to few of the branches or hang apple green votives off of them... but I think this look works especially with your very clean lines venue. I like it!

Are you thinking about doing shells or threaded orchid strands off the branches like in the pic?

If you are hiring a florist I do think that 3 satellite arrangements of solid color single flower arrangements around each of the branch vases (down low around them) would soften the look and still keep it contemporary but make it a little more 'bridal.' I wouldn't do satellite arrangements around the apples, I'd leave those as they are. I wouldn't have the florist do the apples and the branches though, just the satellites.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about that grass stuff like the satellite thing Gypsy is talking about?

I love it. Very very cool.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the first one. I like the colors and the apples make a clean, crisp and modern centerpiece. On the one hand, they look fine as it. OTOH, maybe some lime green orchids would also look nice and add a tiny bit more formality? You could get a similar effect to the green apples but more festive and formal if you took the same glass cylinders, and filled them with water and submerge the orchids inside the glass...? And the candles would flicker off the water in the vases. You could also put a bear grass wreath around the base of that glass cylinder to fancy it up if you wanted to. But if you''re going for simple, the apples are about as simple as you can get. Or you could make an orchid wreath and use that as the base for the apples but I dont know if that would look good or not.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback everyone!
35.gif

Pearl-- Thanks! This idea hit me all of a sudden and I''m super excited by it. It was a lightbulb over my head moment.

Choro-- The wedding is next Spring, which is why I''m really into green. I''ll definitely make sure the apples are washed in case anyone gets hungry.
31.gif

Gypsy-- I probably will do the apples and branches myself. There''s not much to them. I like the shells hanging from the branches (Capiz?) because it adds some shimmer and color. I don''t know if it would clash with the overall look, but maybe I can do a mockup and try it out first. Your satellite idea is just perfect. We are using a florist for the bouquets and such, so some simple arrangements would be easy to add. Sounds like a reasonable floral order to me. It won''t be breaking the bank.
22.gif
I really like the branches plain, but maybe I can play around by adding something fluffy to them-- maybe a few spider mums? I love white and green spider mums. (My sense of style is definitely funky)

Thanks for the suggestions Freke and Surfgirl. When I have time I''ll play around with the ideas. I have the basic look, I just need to figure out how to tweak it.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, very cool centerpiece ideas!

If you wanted to make your table settings a little less "sparse" while still maintaining the clean look you could maybe do colored table clothes (dark grey to go with your color scheme) under the apple and branch centerpieces. That would add a little more color/depth without any additional clutter.

Can''t wait to see what you come up with!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea. I think it looks nice, especially the branches.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 4:50:14 AM
Author: havernell
Oh, very cool centerpiece ideas!

If you wanted to make your table settings a little less ''sparse'' while still maintaining the clean look you could maybe do colored table clothes (dark grey to go with your color scheme) under the apple and branch centerpieces. That would add a little more color/depth without any additional clutter.

Can''t wait to see what you come up with!

Yes! Cool table linens would add some extra oomph!

I''m toying with the idea of using long banquet tables instead of rounds. I have to see how much that would cost because I''d have to rent those (rounds come with the venue). If I had long tables I would spread the following all down the middle: Apples in glass, candles, tiny flower arrangements, candles, branches in glass. I also like the idea of grass in square containers.

Here''s an idea:

applecp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results