shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid Dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having trouble figuring out the bridesmaid dresses. I have five bridesmaids of all different ages (21-42) and sizes (petite to plus size). I think we''ve decided to do the "same color, different dress" idea. I can''t decide which of the colors would look best. At first, I wanted the pink color(posey), but now I''m leaning towards the green(clover). I also made the mistake of asking the girls for their input on length. My sisters (the two oldest bridesmaids) said they thought tea length would be cute. I tend to agree because it will be a summer wedding, although it is indoors. The other three say they don''t like their legs and want to wear long dresses. Would it look weird to have two different lengths? Should I just tell them what to wear and let them deal with it? I really honestly don''t care too much what everybody wears, I just want them to feel pretty and be comfortable. Grr.

I found a site that I really like for looking at bridesmaid dresses. They have our colors (Posey and Clover on this site)

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6553/?color=posie&colorid=564#catid=1&colorlist=564&displaytype=GridMedium&activePage=2&rpp=9&SortOrder=Default

Any opinions would be fantastic. Thanks!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Regarding the length issue, are you sure you have the right definition of tea length? A tea length hem actually hits at mid-calf, not at the knee (that's called cocktail length). The girls who don't like their legs might be perfectly comfortable in tea length dresses. Using dresses that my own girls are wearing, this is an example of a tea length dress, and this is cocktail length. So while that Dessy dress is beautiful, it's actually cocktail length! So tea length is a great compromise between short and long.

ETA: I also wanted my girls to feel comfortable, so I let them choose their own dresses within a few guidelines. They had to be short (tea or cocktail length), satin, and available in Celadon green. But shape and neckline were up to them, as long as they picked 4 different dresses, which they did. I went shopping with the 3 of them who are local to me; the other found hers on her own.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, Jstarfireb! I just linked the site and that must''ve been the dress I was viewing at that particular moment. That''s only one of many dresses in our colors. Its funny, because while I see how it appears to be slightly shorter than typical tea length dresses, it is described as "tea length" on the website. Strange. I guess we''ll have to look out for that. I think that all the ladies would look lovely in tea length, but two of the bridesmaids, including my FSIL, flat out said they hate their legs.

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I like the posey color. I think it would be more universally flattering and the clover color might wash out certain skin tones. It would look cute with a clover sash, IMO. Do you think your bridesmaids could try on samples in each of the colors you like to get a feel for which color looks best on them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results