shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid Dresses-HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for bridesmaid dresses and need your help.

1. Very different body types. Four bridesmaids ranging from junior sizes to plus sizes.

2. The young girls don''t want strapless. Another doesn''t want her bare arms to show. Another doesn''t like spaghetti straps.

3. Two live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the others live in California

4. I''d like to not have them spend a lot of money (under $150)

5. This is for an indoor, evening, July wedding which will be in a historic, Victorian Hotel. Due to the location, the dress will be formal/semi-formal.

6. My color is lilac/purple.

7. David''s Bridal only goes up to size 24W, which will not work.

8. With all these restrictions, I''m fine the idea that they won''t match perfectly. However I still want a uniform look.

Suggestions please!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Alfred Angelo Separates - The sizes go up higher than Davids (I want to say to a 28W).. And they have a nice selection of separates. Also just check out their regular BM dresses.. most of theirs all come in the same colors so you could pick a color and let your girls pick different dresses. They also have Jr Bm dresses..

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I actually have the same problem as you. Four bridesmaids, four very different body types. I found this site that has a lot of mix and match seperates in a variety of colors, but it doesn't say anything about sizes.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I had a range of gals too. We chose a dress from the after six collection. I believe they go up to a size 28. Originally I told them they could all pick different dresses or separates as long as everyone got the same length, material, and color. Amazingly enough, they found a dress that when tried on by all, looked stunning on all. I think their total ended up being under $120 per dress.

You might look through their site. They have dessy, after six, and alfred sung all at www.dessy.com

Just click on the tabs on the right side for whichever collection you want to look at. Alfred Sung has a bigger selection of separates.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Dang--that''s quite a range with a lot of wishes to accommodate!

For the girl who doesn''t want her arms to show--maybe she can drape a sheer shawl over her shoulders and upper arms. Or she could wear a bolero type jacket over the dress. Good luck finding sleeves!!

The Alfred Sung separates look like they might have something that would work for everyone...

dessy-corners-main-dress2.gif

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I used Alfred Angelo. I have four bridesmaids, and they picked their own style. I just wanted it to be tea length and in indigo. One of my bridesmaids is conservative, and she picked the satin button-down top with 3/4 sleeves in the separates category. They also have a sheer organza jacket with 3/4 sleeves (to wear on top of skimpier tops), but it was $50 just for that! Hope that''s helpful.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I had a similar problem -- big range of sizes and shapes. My BM dresses were from Jim Hjelm Occassions and there are several styles that are coordinating (same material and similar look) and are available in the same colors. The ones my girls had are no longer on their web site but the material was chiffon - very forgiving.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results