shape
carat
color
clarity

Blenheim''''''''s been busy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been able to get on for a while because of various computer problems. One of the hinges holding my monitor onto the rest of my laptop just snapped. My computer spent six days at my college''s computer help desk without getting fixed. While a Dell technician did come to look at it, he forgot to bring a hinge. (Duh.) The help desk gave it back to me so that I''d have it for the move. The internet people here are a little bit backed up, so we probably won''t have internet for another 10 days. Until then, I can only get online by going to a coffee shop with wireless access.

Since I''ve last been on here, a lot''s happened. I graduated from college, moved from VA to MI, and officially moved in with J. We''re picking our puppy up from the breeder later this week. And, we''ve booked a ceremony/reception location and I''ve bought a wedding dress.

We''re getting married on May 12, 2007 at 2941 Restaurant in Northern Virginia. The ceremony is going to be on an outside patio. There is a lake on one of the longer sides of the patio and we''re probably going to get married in front of a small waterfall on one of the shorter sides. They can move it inside if the weather''s not good. After the reception, we''re going to have hor d''oeuvres followed by lunch. The food''s excellent -- enough that the restaurant has made Washingtonian Magazine''s top 100 list consistently in its short lifetime. My family and my FI''s family are both very into food, so this will be great.

Main Dining Room

2941-overheadview-320.jpg

dance.jpg

Ceremony location if it rains

waterfallrm-300.jpg

FI, my dad, my brother, my FFIL, and possibly the groomsmen are all going to wear kilts. We''re looking for a bagpiper to play for the ceremony, and then we''re just going to use the restaurant''s normal background music for the reception.

My mom really wanted to be a part of shopping for a wedding dress, and so we spent part of Memorial Day weekend looking around. I tried on some dresses very similar to ones I had been eyeing online, and while they were nice, they just weren''t quite right. I unexpectedly fell in love with a very different dress that I decided to go ahead and buy.

The back''s clamped in the photos so that it doesn''t slide right off me, so it''s not sitting very cleanly.

BlenheimDress1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is GORGEOUS and your location looks fantastic! Congrats on your recent graduation and moving in with FI! It must be such an exciting time in your life! And a puppy!!! You''ll have to post pics of him too

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Blen it looks like you have the major details taken care of already! That dress is beautiful, and congratulations on the new puppy. Where in Michigan did you move to? My boy''s originally from Michigan. =) Keep us updated and you''re gorgeous girl!
~Megan =)

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I love the dress! Very pretty! Can''t wait to see the puppy pics, too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh Blen you look so pretty in your dress and your venue looks just FABULOUS as well!!!!!! I love it! You surely have been busy...planning a stunning wedding!.

And your wedding will be on our 3rd wedding anniversary!
5.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow I have missed you and equ and a few others over on LIW! I just love your dress especially the train! Stunning! You have been a busy girl! Sounds just fabulous. Oh I am jealous for the days when I will be doing all of this! Make sure you pop in on LIW once your internet and computer are all fixed we miss you!
28.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh how exciting! An engagement, a prettiful ring you BOTH love now, a location for the wedding, a move, a dress, AND a puppy! Busy girl indeed! Gorgeous dress. I''m impressed that you found one so quickly! I hope I have such luck!

Hope your computer''s fixed and online again soon, girl. You''ve been missed!

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
You''re very good at getting stuff done; new ring, dress, location- have you considered wedding planning as a career!

Gorgeous dress- great choice!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Everything is beautiful! I love that venue! You look fantastic in your dress! Isnt it fun when it all starts coming together?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
OMG you look gorgeous!!!! love the scalloped edging

the wedding location looks very elegant too...

36.gif
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I''m so excited about everything I''ve done so far.

Irish Angel - I just moved to Ann Arbor.

Indecisive - I got the dress from Bridal Visions, on Rt 7 in Falls Church. They''re about to move to Arlington though.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you have been busy! I love the venue and dress! You look so beautiful in it...
30.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no...M is a HUGE u of m fan and for me it''s Notre Dame all the way...he''d love you! ;-) What brought you to Michigan?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo! I love 2941! I''ve been there a few times, and it''s just such a special place. Do they still give you house made marshmallows and cotton candy after dinner? Wouldn''t THAT be fun at a dessert buffet? YUM! Congrats on picking the date! May 12, 2007 was my first choice but I don''t think I''ll be able to do it because of the timing for us. I liked it because 12 is my favorite number and 5 + 7 = 12, and it''s my favorite number twice! Weird, yes, I know. I''m looking at 4/12/08 for the same reason now.

Your dress is gorgeous and you look so good in it! And doesn''t it feel good to have that out of the way???

Congrats! Can''t wait to see more pictures of your puppy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results