shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you getting a Card Box?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know there was a thread on this last year, but I just wanted to ask if the new turnover of brides on here are planning to get a card box? I dont want it to seem as though I''m expecting cards, but at the same time I dont want my family to have to stuff cards in their pockets because we weren''t prepared!!

So, card box...yay or nay?

Thanks ladies
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a box we''re using, but it''s nothing fancy. I picked it up at Home Goods (TJ Max) and it''s about shoebox-size, white and black damask fabric.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to use a large shallow silver bowl to hold cards. Its a cool piece that I just found as I was rummaging through my dads basement, I think it was my grandmothers.

I would certainly suggest having something to hold cards, and maybe even assign someone to collect them at the end of the night (someone trustworthy like a parent :), simply so you don''t have to worry about them on the wedding day.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Yes...I got the really cute Wilton one that is shaped like a present at Walmart with free in store pickup for $18. It goes for $30-40 on some sites and ebay! Here is a link to what it looks like!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I personally don''t like wishing wells or whatever they call them. I''ve been to many weddings that had them, and I know they are popular, but for some reason I just don''t like them. I know I''m in the minority. So I''m looking for an alternative. The silver bowl sounds nice.

One of my friends had a lot of her cards stolen at her wedding. It was even at a reputable place. She has told me so many times to use a card box that locks. I might just take my chances...

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 8:48:29 PM
Author: Blair138
Yes...I got the really cute Wilton one that is shaped like a present at Walmart with free in store pickup for $18. It goes for $30-40 on some sites and ebay! Here is a link to what it looks like!
Ok this one is cute Blair!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH: I love damask! I tried high and low to find a damask card box in peach and cream...with no luck.

Tropiqalkiwi: Wow, an heirloom! What a lovely way to include your grandma! I would suggest keeping the bowl close to the party, since it''s open anyone can walk out with a card.

Blair: So cute!

Lanie: Yeah, I feel weird having a card box too, but I feel it might be an inconvenience to others if we dont. Good call on the open bowl, happened at my wedding reception in Dubai. We lost three cards, turned up in someone''s diaper bag the next day!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
This is something I haven''t really thought about. We''re having a DW; I really don''t want to have carry a box with us to Mexico.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 9:26:46 PM
Author: Lanie
Date: 4/23/2009 8:48:29 PM

Author: Blair138

Ok this one is cute Blair!

Thanks! I actually found it on PS in one of the old card box threads. If you notice...it has a little lock and key on it too!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Yes, our reception place offers a free Bird Cage card box with two cute little doves (fake). It looks quite lovely really. My family tends to give cards/checks as the standard wedding day gift. Anyone else using a gift table for larger gifts? If so, how do you plan on getting the gifts back to your home? Sounds like many of you have some great ideas for the card boxes!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I think most guests expect to be directed to a place for cards. We''ve been bombarded with the idea of not to bring gifts to weddings, that so many people do continue to bring cards w/checks.

A friend of mine, her husband took a $12 craft chest from some place like AC Moore and did woodburning designs of knot work with their initials. It came out really fancy looking. (He does cartoon graphics, so has a steady hand to start.)

Hat box from TJ Max sounds like an easy idea too.

Another bride on here (sorry I don''t remember who) said something about a fabric pouch that she carried around with her, or a BM...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 10:38:45 PM
Author: CNYHopeful
Yes, our reception place offers a free Bird Cage card box with two cute little doves (fake). It looks quite lovely really. My family tends to give cards/checks as the standard wedding day gift. Anyone else using a gift table for larger gifts? If so, how do you plan on getting the gifts back to your home? Sounds like many of you have some great ideas for the card boxes!
Sweet deal! I actually didn''t even think about having the gift table....which might end up being an issue for me. I know for a fact Mr. Kama''s uncle who bought us the KitchenAid mixer will be bringing it with him to the wedding! We''re also having a semi-destination wedding, so I hope we dont have a lot of lugging home to do (sounds so bratty of me to say that, ugh).

For our reception in India/Dubai, we got so many thoughtful gifts but everything had to be left behind
7.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the box I bought - but I was wondering if it was necessary since I dont see a lot of people talking about having one. I''m glad I did end up getting it, it''ll also be a nice box to keep wedding keepsakes.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Kama, I''m so sorry to hear you had to leave so many of the gifts at the India ceremony behind!

I''m sure you''ll think of something for the future celebration, and in regards to people not mentioning it, I think it just might be one of those details that some people overlook or don''t have a strong preference for. As for me, i think it''s a great idea and I absolutely love the card box you posted. Lovely!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Lanie and Kama - it never even crossed my mind that the cards would get stolen!

Thanks so much for getting me to think about it, I can be so naive sometimes. I must remember that just because I wouldn''t do it doesn''t mean someone else won''t. Now I''ll be sure to put the bowl in a high traffic area.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m ordering a cute little birdcage off of saveoncrafts.com... It was super cheap- $10, maybe?

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I am making mine. I got three hat boxes (but rectangular shape) that I am covering in Damask wrapping paper, and tying fuschia bows onto. It is quite grand and a real statement. However, in our culture most people give cards at the wedding, and very few actual gifts are given (they give the gifts at the showers, and money at the wedding)

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
We''re using a bronze mailbox as our card box. The best part is - is that our mailbox at home is in sad, sad shape, so after the wedding, we''ll have a brand new one we can install!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I had one. SInce most of my guests were from out of town, I had a LOT of cards, and it made it easy to keep them all in one place, so I wouldn''t have to worry about cards getting lost or left behind.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am planning to have one. I bought a hat box at Marshalls for maybe $7 and then bought some fancy paper at papersource and wrapped it, then used a box cutter knife to make a slit in the top for cards. It turned out quite well and although it doesn''t lock, with the paper cover and the lid it will be obvious if someone tried to open it! And I am going to have my aunt put it away once all of the guests arrive!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
We ended up getting one. Sort of as an afterthought. We actually asked this company who makes glass cases and engraved plaques for little league teams and corporate awards to make us a rectangular glass-and-mirror box with our names/wedding date on it. It came out pretty cool. The engraving reads even from the back of the box (the mirrors) and it goes with the 1930''s art-deco architecture of our venue. can use it as a display case (which is what he thing was designed to be by that company, originally) after the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results