shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else here thinking of not wearing white?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I know most people wear white and it''s traditional but I''ve decided to wear color. I''m thinking of pale rose pink or pale yellow but I was reading Allure Bride and they had a story about a women who wore scarlet red. I must admit it started me thinking.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I think a color would be lots of fun. I thought about it, but ultimately went back to white. I really looked at some bridesmaid dresses for awhile. Somehow it seemed more appropriate given this will be a 2nd wedding for me. But then fiance really wanted the white thing...he said although it''s not my first marriage--it is the first for us together.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve already decided against red ( just in one afternoon). I just don''t know if I could pull it off. I''m gonna go back to yellow or rose.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
did you see teebee''s dress choice in the thread on wedding dresses? I think it is a lovely dress with colors. There are other colors on that thread too. When I shopped for dresses last year, the dress I chose had the option of pale lilac or blue sequins on a white or diamond white dress. I soooooo wanted to get the lilac sequins, but I couldn''t convince anyone in my family or my husband. sooooooo I ended up going with the traditional white sequins and white dress...with lilac/purple flowers.

I do have a friend who wore a burgundy top with white bottom for her wedding. Very bold, but she looked great.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Hmm burgandy, very different... I like it. No I haven''t seen the dress you mentioned. I''m gonna do a search for it.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I actually considered a very soft pale pink silk satin gown I saw by I think it was Ramona Kaveeza...?

I think the idea of a soft blush of color is very cool and progressive. Red in the asian cultures is considered a lucky color for weddings, so obviously it''s been pulled off many a time. In the US, I think convention dictates soft, versus vibrant. Depending on your tolerance I say go with your favorite color, regardless. At least this way you can probably wear it again!!

I think that a purplish red (burgundy like) color is amazing, and might even be very beautiful for a wedding. Why not?!

Mine isn''t white...GASP. It''s ivory...
11.gif
31.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, actually, I got married in black. lol I look terrible and washed out in white so I decided instead to wear a cute Betsy Johnson dress that was fun and comfortable. BUT, I did elope in Vegas, so this gave me more leeway in what I wore.
9.gif

White may be traditional but it's not for everyone. Weddings should be a time for expressing one's self while wearing a dress you love rather than going along with a preset standard
2.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I wanted some color too, but it''s been hard to find colored dresses I like... usu they''re super ''out there'' expensive couture type styles, or just plain weird. I personally wanted a blush pink, because I love pink and don''t want to subject my bm to wearing pink, but might have to go with ivory instead. (I personally hate the white on me) One option is always to get a fancier bridesmaids dress in the color you like, depending on how formal your wedding is, some bm dresses actually have short trains! (I think Impression has some dresses like this...)

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
My dress is white but it''s definitely not bridal white/ivory. It''s like a blue white (think of the white of a glacier). I''ll also be wearing blue shoes
9.gif
- I say go for whatever color you like!! The pale pink or pale yellow sounds lovely and totally appropriate!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I have a good friend who wore a beautiful pale lavender dress, and no one thought it seemed odd. It was one of those colors that falls into the larger definition of "white". (think paint -- there are many colors surrounding white). It was neutral, beautiful, and flattering. Go for it!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh definitely white is not for everyone!! Every dress I''ve been really drawn to has some sort of color in it. I love color and while I don''t want to be totally irreverant, I want something very unique that fits my personality... My mom laughed that since I don''t even have white ceilings in my house, why would she expect me to wear a white dress. Anyhow, this is what I''m hoping to wear ~ It is an ivory Lazaro gown with an embroidered bodice in shades of pink, ice blue, green, yellow:

LZ0613.jpg

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a close-up picture of the emboidery on the gown that a girl sent me ~ she is selling it on ebay so hopefully I will get it!!

LazaroEmbroidery.JPG

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Teebee, thats beautiful, love the embroidery!! Yeah someone sent me an article today that said more people are adding color these days so I guess those of us that want to wear color are not alone.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
My dress was a creamy ivory. I can''t remember the exact name of it, but it was something different.

My friend wore a gorgeous dress with a red corset-type bodice that had red & white rosette detailing and a halter neckline. Very unique but still very bridal.

Color can look fabulous if done right.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I think color is an awesome and unique idea! I have a friend who is getting married on Feb. 26, and her dress is mostly ivory but with apple red accents...I think this is it:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=1210&prodgroup=10

Her bridesmaids will be wearing apple red to match. I think it''s gonna be great!!! It''s soooooo HER to have a dress that stands out from the ordinary but still looks classy and elegant. I think that doing what fits your personality is really important...after all, it is YOUR special day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results