shape
carat
color
clarity

Any creative ideas to ask girlfriends to be bridesmaids?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pch8899

Rough_Rock
Hi! This is my first post although I have been reading posts on this site for quite some time. I just got engaged and am just starting to plan my wedding. We''re in Southern California, but will most likely get married Hawaii next March/April...

I have five best friends and we''ve all been best friends for over 15 years. They know they are going to be in my wedding- it is an unspoken understanding. However, I am still looking for a creative and touching way of asking them to be my bridesmaid!

Any ideas??

Thanks!
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i was looking at vday cards today, and they had some really cute cards that say "will you be my bridesmaid (maid of honor)?" and had cute pink dresses on the front, that were actual cloth... those kind of cards. i think that would be really sweet since you could write a nice personal comment on them, and they would make really nice keepsakes for the ladies too. they looked something like this... http://www.shoppingstand.com/main.asp?storeid=3&body=detail&id=1076

not sure how original it is, but it seems nice to me... esp for anyone who is out of town!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

How about getting all the bridal party together to do something fun and interactive (without them knowing why you are getting together) and let them all in on it. or...........

If you want to do something with just the girls maybe something you all love like going to a spa or something or out to a favorite restaurant?

Good luck!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
icekid - I just looked at those will you be my bridesmaid cards.. and they''re really cute and I was all set to order them.. But to order them for all my bridesmaids (I only have 4) plust my two flowergirls and ringbearer - with shipping and everything it comes to almost $50!!!! I''m really bummed.. because I WANT THEM so bad.. but they are soo much money!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
MelissaSue-Did you try www.myjeanm.com. They have those type of cards on that website and I don''t think they were that pricey. (I don''t remember though)

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Since you want to get married in Hawaii, why not have leis sent to them with the card? When I graduated from college, a group of my friends and I ordered white orchid leis from our local florist. They were incredibly beautiful and easy to get. You could have the leis fed-exed to your friends homes or at work (for a special treat).

I know if someone sent me flowers to ask me to be a bridesmaid, I would just flip.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
You could also do a personal letter to each girl. That shares what your thoughts and why you want them to be in your wedding. I have seen cookies sent. You could even do flowers or books. Good luck.

If you don''t want to buy. I think its fairly easy to make those "Will you .." cards.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I have decided to make my own will you be my bridesmaid cards. I loved the ones that icekid posted but they were waaaay too expensive. So I bought these cute little pink cards that can go in a printer and am going to design them myself. I also bought blank notecards for printers just in case, and to use for my ringbearer (can''t leave him out.. even though he''s only in it for the presents.. lol). I''m really wary of DIY projects because I am NOT artistically inclined. I am computer saavy though, so hopefully That will save me. wish me luck, and i''ll keep you girls updated on my progress

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the cards I bought to do the bm cards

bst2573sq_xl.jpg

Then on the inside I just Typed their name at the top and then for the BMs (and MOH) I used this photo
414_8725_large.jpg

I think its very bridesmaidy and it very well MIGHT be my BM dress and its got my colors.

For the two flowergirls I used this supercute pic

6444V_small.jpg

Then I just wrote Will you be my bridesmaid/matron of honor/flowergirl at the bottom and I am going to hand sign my name and wedding date. I think they turned out really cute. My ringbearers card took a lot more work, and I had to use clipart.. so I don''t like it quite as much.. but it came out cute too. For him I just put his name and a clipart of a little ringbearer on the front with a blue background and black border. On the inside there is a blue border and white background and i wrote Will you be My ringbearer? and put a clipart of two rings.

I really like the way they came out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results