shape
carat
color
clarity

6 months to the day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So today I am exactly 6 months away from our wedding! I am so excited. It is starting to feel more real now. I am just wondering if I am behind on planning because I kind have taken the more relax approach about it. Not a lot of details are done, is that bad? So here is what is done. Let me know if you think I am on track.

1. We booked the venue (which is a country club so they do the catering, cake, bar, tables, chairs...) Ceremony is in the same place (hopefully on the golf course if it is sunny!)
2. My dress and veil
3. BM''s dresses
4. Florist (though haven''t done any details such as what exactly I want)
5. Photographers
6. DJ
7. Ceremony music (an intrumental trio)
8. Hotel rooms are blocked
9. STD are out (since Aug)
10. Picked out chair covers....love chair cover....
11. Officiant (but we need to write the ceremony
6.gif
)
12. Picked out favors (I think) little silver picture frames with guest names/table numbers in it.
13. RD place picked (I think)

I think that''s it. How far behind am I? Saturn, I know we are date twins how are you doing?

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I would say I was right about where you are when I was at the 6 month point. Actually, you have a couple more things done than I did then (like, I''m still working on chair covers with about 83 days to go!). Way to be organized!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting...6 more months!!
36.gif

Since I''ve never planned a wedding and have 1 year 3 months and 13 days before mine, I don''t really know if you are behind or not but it doesn''t seem like you are. Seems to me you''re good to go so far.

Did you decide on your wedding band yet?

What do you have left to do?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how exciting!! I''ve never planned a wedding and I''m not even engaged yet, so I can''t really help you, but you seem to be on top of things! What else is there left to do?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, I''m being curious but is your wedding going to be in NC? If so, where is it going to be if you don''t mind me asking?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. I was just starting to feel nervous that I was behind!

I still have to get a videographer, book (and pick) a honeymoon, pick out wedding bands, pick the menu (though they have three catagories depending on how much we want to spend per person) and basically all the details. What I want the cake to look like, flowers, invitations, write the ceremony, pick a play list that sort of thing. I think the details are the hard part because I like a lot of different looks so I have to narrow it down. Notice I am using "I"
20.gif

Date: 2/13/2006 10:44:55 AM
Author: Princess V
Tacori, I''m being curious but is your wedding going to be in NC? If so, where is it going to be if you don''t mind me asking?

I don''t mind you asking at all! No we are not getting married in NC. We are getting married in Milwaukee, WI (where my parents live). It makes it a little more tricky to plan but things are getting done so it is doable. Where are you getting married?

saturn

Shiny_Rock
36.gif

Yay Tacori! Sounds like you''re right on track! I feel like at this point I have a lot of things picked out in my head, I just haven''t officially made the arrangements.

Done so far:

1. Church and reception hall are booked. (Reception hall does the catering, cake, bar, etc.)
2. Dress is ordered, and should arrive in March.
3. BM dresses are picked out and in the process of being ordered.
4. Florist is booked (but I haven''t met with them to make any specific plans yet).
5. Photographer.
6. DJ.
7. Hotel rooms.
8. STD''s went out in Nov.
9. Met with minister and have ceremony basically planned.
10. RD location is booked and FMIL has menu chosen.
11. Plane tickets to Hawaii for honeymoon are booked.
12. Guest list together.
13. Tuxes are picked out.

Still need to do:

1. My veil, accessories, shoes, etc.
2. Actually meet my vendors! (I''m planning long distance like you, so I have only spoken to them on the phone)
3. Register (we''re planning on doing this Feb. 26th)
4. Premarital counseling.
5. Invitations.
6. Get on FI about booking hotel and activites for the honeymoon.
7. Choose ceremony music.

According to all the planning checklists I''ve looked at, we''re doing just fine. But I talked to one of my bridesmaids last week about ordering BM dresses, and she asked me how long it took for them to come in. I told her 12 weeks, and she was like "Oh, so I don''t have to order mine until May, then."
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

That''s not the kind of thing I needed to hear.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saturn I was hoping you would reply!!! Oh, I did start registering, forgot to add that. We have the guest list too (that was the good thing about doing STDs early so we got that out of the way). Okay, I feel better. We are on track. Where are you going on your honeymoon?

saturn

Shiny_Rock
We''re using frequent flier miles to go to Hawaii.
I''m excited because we''ve never been, but I really don''t want to plan it myself. FI agreed to plan it, but at the rate he''s been doing wedding-related tasks, I might end up having to do it anyways.

So far, things have gone pretty smoothly! My family keeps accusing me of stressing out over things, but I really don''t feel like I have been. There''s a difference between thinking everything through and stressing about it.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
You are waaay ahead, girl!

I''m about 7.5 months out, and have only done a handful of things. UGH

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2006 3:58:15 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
You are waaay ahead, girl!

I''m about 7.5 months out, and have only done a handful of things. UGH

Really? okay...I really haven''t been stressed out (like I thought I would be) so I was starting to feel like something was wrong. It really does help getting married at a country club (we aren''t members but the rental fee wasn''t bad) because they handle the food, bar, cake...I think the honeymoon stresses me out the most because I really want it to be great. That and I have a fear that I won''t be able to fit in my wedding dress
32.gif
It is in WI otherwise I probably would try it on just to calm myself down.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori you''ll be fine don''t stress!

We aren''t getting married for a long while...no date set either hehe about another 2 1/2-3 years because we will be seperated by distance and not be able to live together till then.
7.gif
I''m thinking the Biltmore..though I kinda want a destination wedding (fiance says NO) oh well..I''m sure your wedding will be great!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Biltmore would be beautiful! Very romantic. Probably expensive though...

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2006 12:54:26 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Thanks ladies. I was just starting to feel nervous that I was behind!

I still have to get a videographer, book (and pick) a honeymoon, pick out wedding bands, pick the menu (though they have three catagories depending on how much we want to spend per person) and basically all the details. What I want the cake to look like, flowers, invitations, write the ceremony, pick a play list that sort of thing. I think the details are the hard part because I like a lot of different looks so I have to narrow it down. Notice I am using ''I''
20.gif
Of course it''s "I". I totally get that!!!!! Not that I mind doing all these details, I love it, but when FI said to me yesterday "Honey, where''s the list of measurements I have to tell the best man to get for his tux?" it almost sent me over the edge. But I actually just laughed at him and said "Honey, I can''t do the tux for you, I''m doing everything else, you''ll just have to go online or call the shop, I''ve got all these OTHER details to handle." I''ve even stopped asking his opinion b/c it just complicates things!

Isn''t it a great feeling, though, when you can cross those items off your list? I''m down to the details now and it feels like everything''s coming together and final decisions are getting made.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
selflove, I am right there with you honey. What I think is HILAROUS is if he wants to be a "just show up groom" that is fine. Actually I don''t mind because I get to pick everything out
11.gif
(we are two seperate people with different taste) BUT when he over hears a conversation I am having with my mom or his and hears a detail that he doesn''t like he complains! WTF! If he isn''t going to help then I am sorry but he cannot complain. NO WAY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results