The forum is a cooperative endeavor. To maintain a community conducive
to quality, members must agree to the following terms before using this
By using this messaging system, you agree to abide by the following simple common sense rules as well as Terms and Conditions of the Service ("TOS"):
- You should be 13 years of age or over. This is in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000 (COPPA) [PDF 270K]
- This is a diamond education site and we want to keep the focus as such.
related to any diamond simulants, Cubic Zirconia (CZ), Moissanite, or
anyother man-made gemstones are not allowed on this board.
- Posts related to pearls are only to be discussed in designated sections on the forum.
your privacy and security do not post any private information including
emails, personal pages, and usernames on other sites or IM’s on the
open forums. Diamond trade members contributing with educational
information may post links in their signature.
- Signing up a
user name that is a obvious domain name or product name will be
removed. This is out of unfair promotion considerations as well as
- Referrals and Recommendations:
given within the Pricescope community should be done in a good faith as
genuine opinions based on personal knowledge and experience and not
influenced by any commercial interests.
- Any renumeration ,
such as discounts or any other benefits, in exchange for posted
testimony, referred products or services within the Pricescope
community are strictly forbidden. Please report any vendor offering you
any such benefits to the “Admin”.
- Sharing your experience:
- Your posts should be your actual, firsthand experience as a consumer.
- Posts should be constructive in nature. If you write a complaint, indicate a desired outcome.
- Moderator Action:
- Use the button for any questions related to thread/post removal, policies clarification, etc.
do not post assumptions about moderator actions, this creates
confusion, use "Report Post" button so that the moderator may clarify
it appropriately. We are more than happy to do so.
- Some actions are subject to judgment calls for the integrity of the forum and should be respected as that.
of respect for members/moderators and to avoid confusion any public
discussions of moderator actions or policies will be removed.
- We reserve the rights to change policies at any time, therefore, please do not discuss policies publicly as they may change.
religion or racial/ethnic issues are not allowed. It includes posting
links/references to other sites/sources dedicated to religion or ethnic
- Post(s)/Link(s) with adult content, pages with
links to adult content, near adult content (including model and
swimsuit sites), or messages describing anything against the law will
be removed as soon as possible.
- You will not post any copyrighted material without appropriate acknowledgements.
will not copy and retransmit any information out of these forums
without first getting the permission of the original author of the
message. The only exception can be using the materials for solely
educational purposes with appropriate acknowledgement.
reduce the number of broken links and keep the forum clean, photo
hosting sites (Photobucket, Imageshack, Flickr, etc.) and personal web
pages are not allowed to be linked on Pricescope.
- To keep the integrity and credibility of the posts and reduce shilling and spamming the following guidelines must be followed:
SPAM. We will immediately terminate any account, which we believe, in
our sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any
Spam or other unsolicited bulk e-mail.
- Creating multiple ID’s automatically indicates shilling and all associated accounts will be terminated.
of any special promotions/offers/surveys/coupons/quizzes/games and
alike from other companies as well as affiliate based URLs are not
- Do not post links or references to any other jewelry information website, forum, videos, blog, or podcast.
- Do not use this forum to organize group meetings with any vendor or start vendors’ "fan clubs" or the like.
- No ‘for sale’ ads here. If you have questions on how to sell your jewelry, check out this topic: Reselling Gems & Jewelry.
of the diamond and jewelry trade must identify themselves by specifying
their personal and business names in their profiles.
forum is, above all, a place for consumer assistance and education, not
advertisement. If you are a member of the trade, please follow the
following post content rules:
- Post helpful advice. Here is an informative journal “A jeweler’s guide for how to get along with Pricescope” written by Neil Beaty.
- Do not make blatant commercial posts, requests to visit your website, or solicit any other contact.
- Do not use a promotional slogan in your signature. You should sign your posts with your name, credentials and company name.
- Do not create fear-based doubts in consumers’ minds in order to scare them into using your services.
- Do not mention your products or services unless requested in the thread by a consumer.
- Trade members must not promote nor condemn other businesses (unless there are evidences of misconduct or illegal practices).
- Please refrain from commenting on other vendor products unless there is obvious misinformation.
- No discounts, encouragements, or any other benefits to a consumer for their positive feedback are allowed for testimonials.
will be the sole discretion of Pricescope and its moderators as to what
constitutes an abuse of these rules. If you are not certain about the
content of your post, please send a message to the moderator prior to publishing it.
a court were to find that a forum member’s message constitutes libel or
defamation, that person would be held legally responsible for damages
to the reputation of that business. Under federal law (the
Communications Decency Act), because Pricescope.com does not censor
posted messages or investigate them for accuracy, Pricescope.com is not
legally responsible for the complaints that are posted, even if those
complaints contain remarks that are defamatory. However, this law does
not protect the person who leaves the complaints from responsibility
for those complaints. For more information on laws limiting the
liability of companies like Pricescope.com from written remarks posted
on its site by third parties, please visit these Web sites: Legal Information Institute & Findlaw.com
Pricescope post etiquette guidelines
- Be respectful of other users, the system, and the moderators. Please use the forum in good faith.
- Be descriptive, specific, and succinct in your postings. This way your opinion and point is clearly understood and referenced.
posting in a forum, please read the charter for that forum. Your
posting may be more pertinent to another ongoing discussion, or it
might spawn its own thread, it may be moved as Pricescope sees fit. If
you feel you have posted in the wrong forum, please use the ‘Report
Post’ button to send a message that you would like it moved.
who participates in this forum is "in it together", Treat others the
way you wish to be treated. Don’t start flaming or personal attacks.
One way to guard against misunderstandings is to read over your
response before you post it.
- Nicknames that we feel are inflammatory, vulgar, promotional, or rude will be removed.
rude, arrogant and obnoxious behavior will not be tolerated from
anyone. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal
attack, or engage in hate speech, they will be banned from all further
- Do not use foul language; keep your language clean and decent.
forum is mainly for diamond and gemstone issues, not a venue for the
resolution of personal issues with members or companies. Please keep
your personal business as just that – personal.
- You are responsible for your own posts and agree not to hold Pricescope liable for any messages posted.
- If you think that a posted message is objectionable please report it immediately by clicking
next to any forum message. Upon receipt of such notification, we will
make every effort to take such action as we deem necessary within a
reasonable period of time. Since this is a manual process, you are
advised that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages