shape
carat
color
clarity

To baguette or pave...that is the question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
So,

Here it is...we are really, really close to getting an asscher. Around a carat. What do you all think would look better in a skinny 2mm type setting, baguettes like tiffany or pave like this scott kay setting?

PS, I hope this posts.

Scott Kay at Pearlmansjewelers.com 04U18[1].jpg

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
*grin* beansy, I screwed up my first poll here too...

I think you gotta hit submit first, then add the choices.

Anyway, I vote pave.

win

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
WOW, I am so glad I date someone that understands computers. Ha ha. Boy did I really messed up this poll. I wanted to attach a different picture, but I even got that wrong...anyway I hope everyone gets the point. Thanks for hanging in there with me, and thanks for the replys!

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
This is the pave scott kay I wanted to post.

73102[1]solomon bro.comLADIES PAVE AND PRONG SET ROUND DIAMOND ERING DMD .jpg

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

Nice choices, and you can't go wrong either way. I have been having the same problem myself trying to decide between these two settings (for a cushion cut center stone). If I were going with an asscher, I would go with the baguettes. I just love the way the steps in the asscher look with the steps in the baguettes -- like the one below. IMO, the baguettes make for a bit more of a retro/modern look, and the pave looks more antique... Which look did you have in mind?

Good luck with whatever you decide.

AS12.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think the pave would look more busy than the baguettes, especially the two larger side stones in the setting, which may compete too much with the Asscher.
10.gif

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
Hi

I am not a fan of bags. I do LOVE
love.gif
pave. I say go with pave 99.9% of the time, but in this case I really like he look of an asscher with the bags on the sides. Something very fluid and classy about that particular ring. Just when I thought I would never want a ring with bagguettes........hmmmm....maybe a fun asscher.......oh honey my birthday is coming up....
naughty.gif
heheheheee

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
To me, the clean lines formed by the Asscher faceting work better with the straight lines of baguettes.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
go with bags. i think pave will be competing with your asscher whereas bags will compliment it.
asscher cut is such a calming cut i think that simpler is better.
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I like pave with asschers if the asscher is really big or the pave is truly small enough not to overshadow the center stone. Otherwise I'd go with the baguettes.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I'd always go with pave over baguettes.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a big baguette fan in many settings, but I think they would really compliment the assher nicely. The pave is a pretty look, but less unique than the baguette/asher combo, and to me looks more like two different looks, almost competing with each other.

jaye

Rough_Rock
I'll place my vote for baguettes. Also, Robyn12 can you tell us what site you took the photo from? I'm meeting with a jeweler tomorrow re. a custom setting with my new emerald cut, which I will report on this weekend, and I like the way the baguettes are set in the ring you have showing in our post.

Thanks.

wink2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love pave as well, but only if the center stone is large enough or pave small enough...just like Hest! I have seen some amazing Asscher pave pix that look very vintage, but the pave has to be really tiny and bead set (e.g. 1.5mm or less band). The baguette picture that Robyn posted was BEAUTIFUL. I don't think you can go wrong personally. Asscher are beautiful stones. Maybe depending on the size will dictate what will or will not look good.

Good luck!!

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thank you everyone for all your great input. I have been falling in love with the pave look for the past few months. After seeing the asscher next to the clean look of baguettes at the store though, I am going to have to agree with my boyfriend and all of you.

We're going to check out settings this weekend, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks everyone. You have all been so helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results