shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow gold bezels...Coati, are you around?

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Coati, I'm scouring PS for sideviews of your beautiful yellow gold bezel OEC and three stone transitionals but haven't seen any. Also, could I ask if they are singlestone settings or made by another designer? Please take this request as the compliment it's intended - I hope it's not too personal a question.

Truly beautiful settings, really wonderful.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CrisM|1328892669|3123240 said:
Coati, I'm scouring PS for sideviews of your beautiful yellow gold bezel OEC and three stone transitionals but haven't seen any. Also, could I ask if they are singlestone settings or made by another designer? Please take this request as the compliment it's intended - I hope it's not too personal a question.

I am glad you ask because I have been wanting to see the profile view as well.

Mike R

Shiny_Rock
Arjunajane sent me a bunch of pictures of the solitaire for inspiration for her chunky ring design, I know I remember having a picture of the profile on the computer at work, I can post it later.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike R|1328895973|3123294 said:
Arjunajane sent me a bunch of pictures of the solitaire for inspiration for her chunky ring design, I know I remember having a picture of the profile on the computer at work, I can post it later.

:appl: Please do!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mike R

Shiny_Rock
bright ice|1328897064|3123306 said:
Mike R|1328895973|3123294 said:

:appl: Please do!

Sorry but thinking about it more I probably shouldn't post them on PS, I'm not sure if they are public photos or personal ones that Coati sent AJ.
I'm sure Ms Coati will see post soon anyway, sorry guys.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks so much! I'll drum up some pics for you now. brb. And yes, they were both made by SS. Cheers!

(and thanks Mike R for not posting images sent privately via email 8) )

Mike R

Shiny_Rock
coatimundi|1328909406|3123490 said:

Thanks so much! I'll drum up some pics for you now. brb. And yes, they were both made by SS. Cheers!

(and thanks Mike R for not posting images sent privately via email 8) )

No problem, it was very early down here when I said I would post the pictures and I don't think my brain was fully awake yet. ;-)

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
haha, Mike-I know the feeling. I don't post until I've had some coffee! :cheeky:

Ok here are a couple of the 3 stone. It's a really simple design-comfortable, very wearable and low to the finger.

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chunky solitaire: The wide outer bezel is cushion shaped and gives the piece a pillowy feel, complementing the diamond's broad facets. I originally wanted a high polished finish, but later opted to texturize it with some scotch brite. hth CrisM!

Stone is a 2.94ct old European cut of M-N color and VS1 clarity.

ETA: Thanks marymm!

Side
bezel-with-bands.jpg

IMG_3843-1.jpg

IRL perspective
oec9090909.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MY, it's TDF!!! LOVE it Coati. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely photos with us.
I just bought a 3.09 M OEC and I am thinking very hard about a similar setting for it. Tossing between SS or RDG.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh MY!!! Ditto what Bright Ice said ---- the 3 stone is totally TDF!!! That is gorgeous :appl:

Is there a thread out there for that? or would you mind posting a few hand shots- that is a beautiful setting! I can only imagine how beautiful it must be on! :love:

Thanks Coati for the photos!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much! I'll try to get some decent hand shots and other pics over the weekend. Appreciate the kind words! If you like a bolder bauble, then this style is very...satisfying. :naughty:

eta: would also translate well in plat or un-plated wg...

Also the solitaire is a different animal in person. The outer bezel pulls focus in photos, but irl, the diamond to bezel ratio looks much different. Dare I say, I already have RSS? ha...bad.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
coatimundi|1328915478|3123578 said:
Thanks so much! I'll try to get some decent hand shots and other pics over the weekend. Appreciate the kind words! If you like a bolder bauble, then this style is very...satisfying. :naughty:

Being so immature... this phrase caught my eye!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes indeed, if you wouldn't mind posting more photos, I'd be happy to promise I'll drool appropriately over them! :D :love: :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh I didn't know your three stone had the little wraps there, Coati, how pretty!

Pssstt..speaking of the three stone, I got something and want you to see it, I tagged you in the thread.

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Coati, your aesthetic is so well composed and the craftsmanship really is evident. What can I say, I love these pieces. Thanks for sharing, very generous.

"Please [M'am], may I have some more?" :appl:

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
Coati,

Your ring is just gorgeous! My fav on PS! May I ask your ring size?? :)

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw this thread and am blown away!
Wanted to bump to request handshots of the three stone? :naughty: Couldn't find them... :saint:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coatimundi|1328912810|3123535 said:
Chunky solitaire: The wide outer bezel is cushion shaped and gives the piece a pillowy feel, complementing the diamond's broad facets. I originally wanted a high polished finish, but later opted to texturize it with some scotch brite. hth CrisM!

Stone is a 2.94ct old European cut of M-N color and VS1 clarity.

ETA: Thanks marymm!

Side
bezel-with-bands.jpg

IMG_3843-1.jpg

IRL perspective
oec9090909.jpg

OMG. THIS IS THE MOST ROCKIN' RING AND STONE AND SETTING AND EVERYTHING!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Seriously, where the hell have I been? Oh, yeah, working 14 hour days. But whatever. Your ring, the setting, the stone, is soooooo super cool!!! I LOVE it. So bold and yet understated. I LOVE it. So my style. If only I had the courage to wear something like that. Did you post this in SMTB? Can you point me to the thread???

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Marymm posted them earlier in the thread: Coati's 3-Stone YG Bezel - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-would-have-more-bling-pact.164250/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-would-have-more-bling-pact.164250/[/URL] - and this thread has pics of her OEC YG Bezel - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-cut-lovers-please-sign-in.113724/page-15']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-cut-lovers-please-sign-in.113724/page-15[/URL]

And I have to say Coati I think I missed it that your stone was an M! I thought it was much higher up there near the colorless range for some reason!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one asked me, but I also have some yellow gold bezel rings. One is by Gurhan and one is custom made. Both are older than coati's and neither is nearly as interesting as hers. They are both 24K gold. One is a spessartite garnet and the other is a 1.38 G colored diamond.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Attachments

• _64.bmp
    324.1 KB · Views: 2,208

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your rings!!! Your three stone and your big beautiful luxurious gold bezel!!!! I've seen it before in other threads but just love these so keep looking. What are your gold bands? Where are they from?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Coati's bands are from Single Stone.

Deb, I drool over your diamond bezel every time I see it! Someday!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Those Coati ring are legendary and rightly so!!! I daydream about the three stone :love: :love: :love:
Fantastic, bold, contemporary, statement rings!!! I bow to you Coati, you have designed the most unique settings for oec's ever :appl:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry I missed these posts! Thanks so much for the kind words. It's been almost 4 years(?) since I had it made, and I still love it so. It still satisfies. (and I am one to reset!) Here's a more recent picture of the solitaire. Cheers and thanks!

ew-gold-ring-with-old-european-cut-diamond_1.jpg

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
coati, your rings are incredible. I will never tire of seeing them. EVER!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
ErikaW|1379710468|3524377 said:
Sorry I missed these posts! Thanks so much for the kind words. It's been almost 4 years(?) since I had it made, and I still love it so. It still satisfies. (and I am one to reset!) Here's a more recent picture of the solitaire. Cheers and thanks!

ew-gold-ring-with-old-european-cut-diamond_1.jpg

It's unbelievably beautiful. Your "matte" touchup makes it even better. I secretly want to have a similar setting with a star sapphire in it... 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results