shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay! My OEC vintage engagement ring

hair guru

Rough_Rock
Trade
Merry Christmas PS peeps! So I'm really happy to be engaged! Thanks to my very patient fiance' and jeweler I am ecstatic with the way my ring turned out. Its a 1.14 Ct. H colored Old European Cut SI2 stone, eye clean to me :) There was a Single Stone modified design I saw here posted that was around 2.5 ct and I fell in love with it, however, when I found the price of the setting was out of budget my jeweler Al from Guida jewelers had made his rendition for me. How do you guys think it turned out?

12222014_023.png

12222014_020.png

1221_pics_003.jpg

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It's stunning! Congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful ring! I can't wait to see what kind of a band you pair it with. Any ideas?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely! Congratulations!

hair guru

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you AprilBaby, CRYSTAL24K and Fioratura! I was really happy with it. I was a little let down when I saw what Single Stone's original setting was for a diamond my size. So I was glad he did a nice job with trying to copy the modified version. My hands are not so pretty, they get fairly beat up with my job so this is a perfect sturdy yet feminine setting for me. And as you can see, I've gotta reread the thread on how to take good pics of your jewelry!

12222014_0.png

hair guru

Rough_Rock
Trade
These are the original ring shots from Single Stone. They said that for a smaller stone (the size of mine) the first setting would be more appropriate, I could modify it a little but the second setting owned by "backwardsandinheels" would be suitable only if it was a larger stone. Boo hoo. I am not a fan of the first setting. I also loved Angela06's Single Stone ring modification but when push came to shove we really just didn't budget for the Single Stone setting to be almost as much as the diamond. I am glad we found the jeweler in town had some great resources for an OEC and he also did an amazing job with the setting. I feel lucky that I had this site as a resource with so many fabulous people posting their beautiful jewelry and experiences which enabled me to find ideas and info for my engagement ring.

image009.jpg

_25563.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous...I love the setting! Enjoy in health and happiness!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's stunning!! :love: It turned out so beautifully, you must be beyond thrilled!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! The ring turned out perfectly! Nice job by your jeweler.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Your jeweler did a wonderful job on the setting. Congratulations & enjoy your gorgeous ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!! Your jeweller did a fabulous job. Congrats!! Please post a lot more pics.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is very lovely :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's lovely!

Recently I was reading through the Royal Jewels thread here on Pricescope, and you might be interested to know that your ring looks somewhat similar to the engagement ring of Queen Elizabeth II!

Edit: here's the thread. Scroll down; it's on the first page. I guess the settings are a little different, but there's something about the proportions and the metalwork...yours does remind me of hers. You have royal taste!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/royal-jewels.73838/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/royal-jewels.73838/[/URL]

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations hair guru! Your ring is beautiful!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is lovely. Congratulations on your engagement.

hair guru

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much everyone for the nice congrats wishes and comments on my ring. I did want to post a couple more pics since I got a few more clear looking ones. And I have to say, as I've been working with the ring on it is a nice low setting which has enabled me to get my gloves off and on easily when I am applying color and the bezel is so nice! Love that I'm not getting hair caught around it when I shampoo and blow dry long hair. Its a hairstylists dream ring :)

oct_thru_dec_iphone_0.png

1221_pics_005.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful!! The bezel is gorgeous and I love the light and airy feel of the shank! And of course, the stone is fabulous. :love: Congrats!!!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement and a gorgeous ring! I love all of the metalwork and bezel is divine.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Truly lovely. Congrats on your engagement and your fabulous ring.

hair guru

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I love my ring! oh and my fiance' too :)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
SUCH a lovely, lovely ring! Congratulations! lol, I wouldn't leave it unattended near Mr. Nutcracker- he looks like he wants a piece of gorgeous sparkly candy. Sorry. Thanks so much for the photos, I love looking at them.

I just love your ring- I got a quote from Singlestone on that setting, myself, at one point. Yours came out beautifully. Well done!

*Jambalaya- you had me click on that thread- now my obsession, lol. I am on page 30 and it is still only 2007...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results