shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay! My OEC vintage engagement ring

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you enjoying wearing your beautiful ring?
I would love to see more pictures of your stone from several angles. It turned out so gorgeous!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, and I absolutely adore that setting!!!!! :love:

angela06

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats on your engagement.

hair guru

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for all the congratulations wishes! I'm thrilled about the engagement. And I'm reminded how sparkly the stone is because I work in front of a mirror, so its showing me such pretty flashes of light all day long. I am throwing in a few more photos so you folks can get an appreciation for how low the setting is! Well and because you asked Acinom :angel: Now, any ideas for a wedding band? I'm stumped.

pricescope_020.jpg

pricescope_018.jpg

pricescope_004.jpg

pricescope_016.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
hair guru|1420582540|3812664 said:
Thanks for all the congratulations wishes! I'm thrilled about the engagement. And I'm reminded how sparkly the stone is because I work in front of a mirror, so its showing me such pretty flashes of light all day long. I am throwing in a few more photos so you folks can get an appreciation for how low the setting is! Well and because you asked Acinom :angel: Now, any ideas for a wedding band? I'm stumped.

Idea for a wedding band - how about an engraved band with pattern to match your ering? Something like this (if the photo got uploaded???) If not, check out Greenlake jewellers as an example

image_2832.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
P.S. Forgot my manners !
Your e ring is beautiful. I love the fact of the low setting together with the filigree. Elaborate and interesting but practical for every day at the same time. Congratulations on your engagement.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hair guru|1420582540|3812664 said:

I am so glad your are truly enjoying your gorgeous ring. It must be a great exprience to see such a ring on your hand. Your jeweler did such a great job. Thanks for sharing the new photo's and I am you will even post more :naughty:
I love your ring as a standalone ring, which allows you to wear any wedding ring on your left hand.

I would recommend you to go to some jewelry stores and experience what band would be the best match if you want to combine the band with your e-ring. I personally love the idea of an engraved band like the ones from Victor Canera. Or perhaps your jeweller could make a matching band as he did a wonderful job on the engraving.

Here's backwardsandinheels amazing sets. Her band adds to the vintage flavour of the ring:

_25833.jpg

_25834.jpg

_25835.jpg

_25836.jpg

hair guru

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you Garnetgirl for sharing the pics, I like the engraved band but I am not sure I like the two on the same hand. Acinom thanks for sharing the pics of backwardsandinheels wedding band. I am definately going to go to see what my ering looks like with a band. I really liked the look of stacked bands but not sure whether it will flow or take away from the ering on the same hand. I found this Pricescoper's set that I like that I think I'm leaning toward trying on.

oct_thru_dec_iphone_012.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hair guru|1420838768|3814256 said:
Thank you Garnetgirl for sharing the pics, I like the engraved band but I am not sure I like the two on the same hand. Acinom thanks for sharing the pics of backwardsandinheels wedding band. I am definately going to go to see what my ering looks like with a band. I really liked the look of stacked bands but not sure whether it will flow or take away from the ering on the same hand. I found this Pricescoper's set that I like that I think I'm leaning toward trying on.

That is SB621's set. It's stunning indeed. Do you have a Tiffany in your neighboihood? They have a lot of stacking bands and your local jeweller might have some too. I would not order anything before you have seen it on your hand. Happy hunting :wavey:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new pics, thanks!

When I was dreaming about your ring, I always wanted to pair it with a band like whiteflash's Danielle bezel- I thought it went perfectly with the bezel accents in the ring already, though you might find it too 'matchy' if that is not your taste.

danielle_bezel.jpg

danielle_bezel_2.jpg

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement and kudos to your jeweler on an excellent job of making your ring. :appl: :appl:

MeganS

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Beautiful ring, I love OEC's and bezel settings! Looks great on your finger and sounds like it suits your lifestyle perfectly!

hair guru

Rough_Rock
Trade
Apacherose thanks for posting that pic. I like the idea of wearing that type. I think if I choose something like that, without any colored stones, I'd maybe just wear my ering on my right hand. I feel like my left hand is always clanking up against the sink when I'm giving a shampoo. Also, I'm worried about the stone and ruining the detail on the shank and bezel. So is it weird to wear the ering as a right hand ring? Opinions please on the rough handed hairstylist's wear and tear on platinum and the stone. :angel:

Thank you for the congrats wishes MeganS and PattyCo, I am going in to see the jeweler soon to try on some styles. I am definitely going to mention how many nice compliements he got here with his work on my ering. Let me plug him in case anyone is interested. Al @ Guida Jewelers in Denville, New Jersey

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
hair guru|1421079811|3815270 said:
Apacherose thanks for posting that pic. I like the idea of wearing that type. I think if I choose something like that, without any colored stones, I'd maybe just wear my ering on my right hand. I feel like my left hand is always clanking up against the sink when I'm giving a shampoo. Also, I'm worried about the stone and ruining the detail on the shank and bezel. So is it weird to wear the ering as a right hand ring? Opinions please on the rough handed hairstylist's wear and tear on platinum and the stone. :angel:

Maybe as you get used to having a ring on your left hand, you'll bang it less often on the shampoo sink. I can see that it could be worrisome. As far as wearing your ering on your right hand, there are no rules about it, so I say do as you like :angel: The only disadvantage I can see is, if you later wear your wedding ring on your left hand (with ering on right), then you'll have less finger real estate for future bling! :(sad

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Garnetgirl's comment about "future real estate" was hilarious, and true! But, you could wear them separately during work hours and then bring them together when you're off.

I really love your setting and I'm fascinated by OEC stones! About the bands, I really liked the engraved band idea or the Whiteflash Danielle bezel ring idea. And for sure try on many types. I've found matching e-ring to wedding band almost the most difficult process of all. :o

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring turned out beautifully! Good luck on your hunt for the perfect wedding band. Trying on rings is so much fun! I agree with SparklySoprano's comment for options to consider as to how to wear your rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results