shape
carat
color
clarity

Will a diamond bezel look silly around a larger stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

my_girl

Rough_Rock
Hi Members,

I''m a newbie to your forum, though I''ve read your posts for several weeks. I really enjoy your feedback! And I''ve certainly gotten a great education from just reading.

I''m getting ready to propose (on New Year''s Eve, I think!) and I have a question about settings. My lovely little lady (really - 5''2", 105 lbs, ring size 4 1/2) likes pave diamonds either on the shank of a white gold setting, or around the center stone itself as a bezel. The only problem is that she''s only seen that look on samples of smaller stones, because I didn''t want her to know that I intend to get her a larger one. She''s seen 0.5 to 0.9 carat stones, and I''m looking at 1.2 to 1.6 carat stones. I want to get an H&A cut, and G color, VS quality to really surprise her. But I''m worried about the larger stone PLUS surrounding diamonds possibly being too big for her slender finger.

Does anyone here on the forum have either experience or opinions about this? I''ve included a scan of one such setting from Excel Diamonds as an example. Many thanks!

1670_large.jpg

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I wear a 4 1/2 also but I''m 5''4. I don''t have any surrounding stones but my center stone is 1.67 and I think it''s a perfect size. I think it will be absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Here''s the link of my handshot if you would like to see
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-upgrade-40th-birthday-present.96812/ . Good luck
35.gif

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 1:13:15 AM
Author:my_girl
Hi Members,

I''m a newbie to your forum, though I''ve read your posts for several weeks. I really enjoy your feedback! And I''ve certainly gotten a great education from just reading.

I''m getting ready to propose (on New Year''s Eve, I think!) and I have a question about settings. My lovely little lady (really - 5''2'', 105 lbs, ring size 4 1/2) likes pave diamonds either on the shank of a white gold setting, or around the center stone itself as a bezel. The only problem is that she''s only seen that look on samples of smaller stones, because I didn''t want her to know that I intend to get her a larger one. She''s seen 0.5 to 0.9 carat stones, and I''m looking at 1.2 to 1.6 carat stones. I want to get an H&A cut, and G color, VS quality to really surprise her. But I''m worried about the larger stone PLUS surrounding diamonds possibly being too big for her slender finger.

Does anyone here on the forum have either experience or opinions about this? I''ve included a scan of one such setting from Excel Diamonds as an example. Many thanks!
I dont think size will be an issue. Does she like the exact setting you have posted below? I ask becuase it will be difficult to find a wedding band to sit with that setting, and the band would look odd if she ever wanted to wear it alone on her hand. Some questions about your lady, does she work with her hands much, is she active? If she I would recomend going with diamonds in the shank in either a shared prong or chanel set fashion as these are more secure then pave and still very lovely and sparkly!

Here are some other options that fit that halo setting
Leon Mege RB Halo Pave Setting Style "811 adrianna" ,5.5,.82 RB
PriceSP290999.JPG

Quest Pave Bezel Set Halo .73RB
Engagement%20Ring%20028.jpg

James Allen Halo 6.25 RB 1.2
danhovrinh15.jpg

WhiteFlash Pave Prong Set Halo

paris_1web2.jpg

Side Stones Only
A Jaffe Shared Prong 6.5 1.78 RB
Web%20Proposal218062.jpg

Whiteflash Shared Prong 5.75 1.72RB
03%20Outside%20on%20Christmas%20Eve.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I think a delicate halo around a 1.6 carat can work beautifully. I am a size 4, and trust me, one can get used to the size veeery quickly.
31.gif
(It's always good to know what she's comfortable with, though--size wise)

my_girl

Rough_Rock
Well, I can certainly see why you all like each so much! You guys are great!

Well, thank you ladies for the threads - I love the hand shots and the thread for the delicate halos (I really like this style). And the issue about the wedding band is really an important one. I only picked this halo ring because there is a matching band available (attached). In fact, because my sweetie likes symmetry, I can see even getting a second wedding band as an anniversary ring down the line, putting the engagement stone in the middle of three similar rings.

And MRSV (love your avatar ring! A beautiful stone), you raise a great point about her activity. We both spend the day in the office, but we''re active on the weekends. In fact, we''re both marriage therapists (I know, ironic to be on this forum that way, but we''re also dyed-in-the-wool romantics!). But having a setting that matches her life style is important. I know that she likes sparkle, and symmetry, I have seen her eyes light up when we tried on rings up to .90. I have asked her more about size, and about exact style, but her response has been "surprise me!", though she likes either pave stones on the shank or in a halo.

Thanks for the feedback and pictures, and I''ll post again when I go look at some bigger stones in person. Great forum!

2459_mini.jpg

my_girl

Rough_Rock
Oops - Chose the little picture of the wedding band. Here''s a bigger one.

2459_xlarge.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 10:59:49 AM
Author: coatimundi
I think a delicate halo around a 1.6 carat can work beautifully. I am a size 4, and trust me, one can get used to the size veeery quickly.
31.gif
(It''s always good to know what she''s comfortable with, though--size wise)
Yep, you have to know her comfort zone. A 1.6 ct. is going to attract a ton of attention. Will she be okay with that?

krockie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 1:53:17 PM
Author: my_girl
Well, I can certainly see why you all like each so much! You guys are great!

Well, thank you ladies for the threads - I love the hand shots and the thread for the delicate halos (I really like this style). And the issue about the wedding band is really an important one. I only picked this halo ring because there is a matching band available (attached). In fact, because my sweetie likes symmetry, I can see even getting a second wedding band as an anniversary ring down the line, putting the engagement stone in the middle of three similar rings.

And MRSV (love your avatar ring! A beautiful stone), you raise a great point about her activity. We both spend the day in the office, but we''re active on the weekends. In fact, we''re both marriage therapists (I know, ironic to be on this forum that way, but we''re also dyed-in-the-wool romantics!). But having a setting that matches her life style is important. I know that she likes sparkle, and symmetry, I have seen her eyes light up when we tried on rings up to .90. I have asked her more about size, and about exact style, but her response has been ''surprise me!'', though she likes either pave stones on the shank or in a halo.

Thanks for the feedback and pictures, and I''ll post again when I go look at some bigger stones in person. Great forum!
My ering is the exact same shape as the one you posted initially. My wedding band is designed to fit into the ering perfectly. I don''t think it looks odd at all. In fact, I love wearing the wedding band alone, because I think the shape is beautiful, and it really works as a stand-alone ring.

I love what you showed above, a lot. Its a beautiful ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one exquisite set!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results