shape
carat
color
clarity

which radiant should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dave0311

Rough_Rock
Ok, let me start by saying I have limited my search to radiants. I like both the square and rectangle and cant decide between each.

I visited a B&M store in which my girlfriend was shown a wide variety of stones, including I1's. She stated that she couldnt even see the inclusions with me pointing them out to her with a loup, and that if she cant see it, then clarity is not an issue.

Links are at the bottom! I dont know why it keeps doing that...

Diamond #1

I
I1
Premium cut
Polish: very good
Symmetry: very good
Girdle: slightly thick to thick
Flu: none
Depth: 71.4
Table: 69
Measurements: 6.17 x 5.45 x 3.89

Diamond #2

J
SI2
Ideal cut
Polish: very good
Symmetry: good
Girdle: slightly thick to thick
Flu: none
Depth 68.6
Table 61
Measurement: 5.5 x 5.47 x 3.75

Diamond #1 is slightly larger and I believe comes across as noticeably whiter for only being a difference of one color grade. It also has a feather on the edge of the stone which i am told is hidden well and is only noticeable if you know it's there.

Diamond #2 has more color, but more sparkle. It's also almost perfectly square and is 100% eye clean.

The person I've been chatting w/ at JA told me that each would look great in a white setting. I'm going with a white gold 2mm knife edge solitare and she has a size 5.5 finger.

I've been lurking for about a month in search for the right stone. I'm limited by budget since I'm just out of college, but I'm ready to take the leap (my budget disagrees
4.gif

Keep in mind that I'm trying to squeeze the most size out of my budget and still get a great looking diamond. What does the wisdom of the forum think?

are one of these my diamond?http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-I1-Premium-Cut-Radiant-Diamond-1164230.asphttp://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/J-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Radiant-Diamond-1144065.asp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results