shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can you buy a Tiffany style 7-stone diamond band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I''m a new member so apologies if I posted in the wrong category. We have been looking for a wedding ring to be worn without an e-ring, and I fell in love with Tiffany''s 7-stone RB band in platinum with total weight 0.56 ct. Everything about it is perfect but $3500 seems pricey for a ring with 7 8-pt diamonds (G, VS). I saw that several posters have this ring or a similar style, so hoping someone could answer a few questions.

(1) Is this a fair price, and if not, what would be?

(2) Where else could I find a ring in this style? I really like how the ring looks from the side, and how the diamonds are aligned with the band in a smooth circle.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Tiff7StonePlat.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
That is a LOT of money for that ring. I''m sure you already know that you are paying a high price for the name (Tiffany''s). I have a 10-stone diamond band with 5-pointers (so it is different, I know) but it was only $630 (However, it is WG--not platinum). You could probably get something similar somewhere else for half the price, or around $2000. I live in Nebraska, so I have no idea what stores are up your way, but if there is a Borsheims there, they have a HUGE showcase of gorgeous rings at pretty reasonable prices. Good luck!

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect, Ebree! Nice job!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Facets/Signed pieces is awesome. I have two rings by them and love them. Can''t beat the quality or the price IMHO. Good luck!! They also can make them in 18K WG if that helps.

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
I checked out Whiteflash earlier. Gorgeous pieces! I had originally hoped to find a setting with side view like Tiffany''s (picture below) but am liking the Whiteflash style more and more.

Tiff7StoneGold.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond quester, the Tiffany ring that you posted has an open basket setting, vs. the solid sides of both the Signed Pieces ring and the Whiteflash ring, HOWEVER, Whiteflash can custom make you a ring with open basket sides, they did for me : ) I think it is a prettier and more delicate looking, in my opinion. I have a 7 stone Tiffany diamond and sapphires band and wanted an identical band, but all diamond. Things got mixed up with WF and I ended up with 10 stones of .08ct each, but it''s perfect and I love it. The workmanship is outstanding and you cannot beat the H&A melee.

I wish you well,

Bridget

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that Tiffany band is perfection, isn''t it? I love how those prong tips are perfect little beads rather than flat looking. I love the basket setting, too. But I wouldn''t be able to justify the Tiffany price.

Bridget, is is a lot more to have one custom made?

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I am PM''ing you the price, I don''t know how acceptable it is to quote prices publicly.

I wish you well,

Bridget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2006 5:40:32 PM
Author: diamond_quester

I had originally hoped to find a setting with side view like Tiffany''s (picture below) .

That''s pretty simple... Adwar makes that sort of setting. I think they call it ''Gallery band'' for no aparent reason.

Around this forum, Wink and Michael E use Adwar ( a wholesaler).

Hope this helps.

Re. custom made: I doubt it would be as much as Tiffany''s and certainly better is fabricated (which the Tiffany rings are not).

My 2c

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Have you seen Nan's ring?
I believe she had Quest model her to look similar to that tiffany band.
I also fell in love with the Tiffany band...it also was low enough to clear my ering and sit flush which i was having a hard time finding (alot of diamond wedding bands seem to be too high), so I had mine custom made too, but opted not to have the open gallery.

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Nan''s ring is stunning! After all this time looking for a Tiffany style ring, I may end up getting the Memoire 7-stone instead, perhaps in a 1 ct. (It is not finalized yet.
21.gif
) Because of the larger size, the Memoire ring actually looks more like Nan''s than the Tiffany did (to my untrained eye).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, let me put in a plug for the Memoire band! I just got their five stone band and just love it. It is a different style than the Tiffany''s or SP - and there is nothing wrong with their styles - but for me I loved the design. The workmanship is outstanding and the diamonds are spectacular. If you don''t have a vendor, I would certainly recommend getting in touch with Bill Pearlman. He carries the line and is very familiar with them. He was a delight to work with as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results