shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of band to go with my Daussi?? Opinions needed! :)

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Hello!
So I recently got a 3 Stone Cushion Cut Daussi Ring (Thank you DH!) (see below)
img_20130216_121709.jpg

I was hoping to find something a bit more substantial to wear as my wedding band, in case I want to wear one ring on each hand.. I am in LOVE with eternity bands, but don't know what kind to get (round, baguette, cushion, etc).

So I was wondering if you lovely folks could help me out :)
I am not opposed to serious blingage (oh no).

The picture below is what I currently have, which I think goes very sweetly with the ring, but when they squish together, you can barely see the band..

I will be visiting some sotre soon, so I will post of pics ofdifferent kinds of bands...
Thanks in advance for your input ::)

img_20130220_082607_1_.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What kind of band to go with my Daussi?? Opinions needed

I love the current ring with it!! Just add an ultra thin spacer.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I prefer the thinner band with that 3 stone. I love that ring--- LOVE IT!!! --- so keeping a simple pave band seems to show off the 3 stone better.

I like what you have!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like your current band! Put a spacer inbetween so it doesnt get pushed up against your 3 stone. That should keep it visible.
I can imagine putting a wide wedding ring with your 3 stone. It would just be overpowering and distracting. If you want
some more blingage, I would get a blingy ring for your right hand.

Your 3 stone is very pretty byw...great coverage.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Is it a plain shank? Id get a plain band and let that baby shine.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Two plain bands, one polished metal and one with texture, like engraving. I think the pave band takes away from the e-ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd go with a plain band and let that gorgeous ring be the star of the show.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You can use the one you have and get a thin plain band to wear in the middle to separate them a bit. A wider or more blingy band will not work with that ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1361389287|3385499 said:
You can use the one you have and get a thin plain band to wear in the middle to separate them a bit. A wider or more blingy band will not work with that ring.

I agree! I forgot to say in my post that whatever you choose, you should stick with thin, delicate bands.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

I agree -- deliciously thin and dainty bands.

Love your current band. I might get a second or a thin spacer between. But I love it as is too.

I've drooled over that ring for quite awhile. It's gorgeous!!!! :appl: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How about posting a pic with a simple plain band? Its hard for some of us to visualize these things, but I'm thinking a plain band would be the way to go if you want your er to be the star.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

WOW!!!
I was kind of expecting all of your responses to go thin and dainty :rodent:
But I've been dreaming for a larger one, preferably emerald/cushion cut.. or am I being too ridiculous?? :confused:

I was hoping to go to one of my fave local jewelers to try on different kinds of Ebands, and take pics to show all of you.

I will do that ASAP!

Thanks so much guys! 8)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know, in the end it's your call! You should get whatever you like, because you'll be the one wearing it and we all have different styles and tastes. If it were my ring, I would want it to stand out and that's why I would stick with a fairly thin band.

eta: Trying on different bands is a great idea! It will give you a better idea of the overall look of different styles and sizes with your ring.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If you are wearing it on the other hand and then by all means get a bingtastic band to wear! I don't think the pave detracts at all, but I am not a huge fan of plain bands. I like a plain e-ring with a eternity but for some reason not the other way around.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring is beautiful.

What to pair with it is a very personal choice.

If it were mine, I would do a blingy "larger one, preferably emerald/cushion cut" (as you say you love) band but not wear it with your ring. I think your ring is plenty beautiful on its own and I don't see how adding a band will add to the beauty. I'd just get two stand alone rings.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Thanks sooo much for all of you honest opinions!!
All of you are right... big isn't better, especially in this case.
I stopped by CD Peacock (with the most helpful associates!), and tried on a few different rings... ones I thought looked completely weird I didn't even bother taking photos of...
I forgot to take one with a plain band!!!! So sorry to those suggesting plain!!

img_20130220_201018.jpg

img_20130220_200912.jpg

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

luv2sparkle|1361406283|3385817 said:
If you are wearing it on the other hand and then by all means get a bingtastic band to wear! I don't think the pave detracts at all, but I am not a huge fan of plain bands. I like a plain e-ring with a eternity but for some reason not the other way around.

I am the same way!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I still prefer a thin single diamond band with it. I like the thinness for sure, but the pave band compliments the pave halo around the 3 stones. Mind you - could look AWESOME with a plain band, but from what you've shown... my vote is still a single pave band. :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmm...if you want a little extra bling, I think the two thin bands look nice!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Enerchi|1361416331|3386019 said:
I still prefer a thin single diamond band with it. I like the thinness for sure, but the pave band compliments the pave halo around the 3 stones. Mind you - could look AWESOME with a plain band, but from what you've shown... my vote is still a single pave band. :))

I wish I hadn't forgotten to take a pic w/ a plain band!

I knew there was a reason I joined Pricescope ::)

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

junebug17|1361417396|3386040 said:

I was thinking that too.. a bit versatile, right?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nyc2chigal|1361419557|3386069 said:

Maximum versatility -- two thin plain bands, maybe in palladium, tungsten, or rose/green/yellow gold to set off the 3-stone and then you can buy a thin diamond band (or 2) and wear the plain and thin diamond bands together in a bunch of combos just for the fun of it and have just as many choices to wear with the 3-stone. This enabling moment was brought to you with no commercials for maximum temptation. :bigsmile:

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Matata|1361420579|3386086 said:
Nyc2chigal|1361419557|3386069 said:

Maximum versatility -- two thin plain bands, maybe in palladium, tungsten, or rose/green/yellow gold to set off the 3-stone and then you can buy a thin diamond band (or 2) and wear the plain and thin diamond bands together in a bunch of combos just for the fun of it and have just as many choices to wear with the 3-stone. This enabling moment was brought to you with no commercials for maximum temptation. :bigsmile:

Hahaha!!! :lol:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is crazy gorgeous!! :love: Another vote for either a plain band or a thin pave band.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila619|1361429432|3386207 said:
Your ring is crazy gorgeous!! :love: Another vote for either a plain band or a thin pave band.

I think this works best. Either plain or micropave and just switch depending on your mood. Versatility is nice and both of these options are good ones I think.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

missy|1361443747|3386263 said:
Laila619|1361429432|3386207 said:

I think this works best. Either plain or micropave and just switch depending on your mood. Versatility is nice and both of these options are good ones I think.

I agree as well!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock

Enerchi|1361416331|3386019 said:

My vote is the single pave band. It adds just the right amount of bling and compliments the setting.
I'm terrible at visualizing, so a plain band "might" look good, but then again it might look "blah" with it and detract from your GORGEOUS ring --- I really like it and it looks perfect on your finger!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

If you get to try on more options... what about just humouring us and trying on YG or RG pave bands with it? When I tried that ring on at DBL in the fall, you could see colour in the cushions and that was what I loved about it - the contrast between the cushions and the melee. If you tried on bands (plain or pave, since we haven't seen it with plain yet :)) ) why not try out other colours of gold?

I think if you went with a YG or RG band, it would bring out the M diamonds a bit --- if that's something you like. Just a thought...

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Enerchi|1361451112|3386299 said:
If you get to try on more options... what about just humouring us and trying on YG or RG pave bands with it? When I tried that ring on at DBL in the fall, you could see colour in the cushions and that was what I loved about it - the contrast between the cushions and the melee. If you tried on bands (plain or pave, since we haven't seen it with plain yet :)) ) why not try out other colours of gold?

I think if you went with a YG or RG band, it would bring out the M diamonds a bit --- if that's something you like. Just a thought...

@ Enerchi, I've thought about that! I love the look of RG with WG.. YG doesn't look good with my skin tone, unfortunately.
I'll go again soon and try some on and take pictures.

BTW, I am going to NYC next weekend. I really hope I can stop by DBL and check out some more of their goodies! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results