shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most beautiful wedding band ever?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ritaareynolds

Rough_Rock
Help!
I have fallen in love with the most incredible man. We are planning to get married in early July. Why the rush? Well I''m pregnant & very excited. I had given up on a fabulous man & baby & then poof!
Sooooo.... In my previous lifes I have acquired a 4 ct. marquis & an 8 ct. radiant. My F is not financially able to shop in that market - yet. He has been shopping and I am ashamed to say that I really think he is about to be ripped off. He is so excited & wants to buy something RIGHT NOW!!
I feel like since this is not our first engagement & we are both working professionals I should contribute (trade-in, help shop, etc.) but my sister & BF said that I would hurt his feelings and ego. This should be a ring to me from him without my input or trade in. I don''t want to hurt his feelings in any way but I don''t want him to buy something & pay too much. I asked him to please consider just picking out a wedding band w/lots of bling of course & then shop for ER. He is considering.
Or to please, let me trade in a diamond to help off set $$. I view my ER as a ring that will passed on to our son. Am I being rude? How can I handle this without being overbearing and keep his ego in tact?
How do you shop for a WB w/o ER? I nned pics of the most fab WB. Thanks so much!!! RR

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Well, first of all...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BABY! AND THE WONDERFUL MAN!

36.gif

For the most fabulous wedding ring, may I refer you to the thread above with roppongi''s set?

Search over!
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

skwash

Rough_Rock
I think that you should be able to talk about anything with him. If you want to contribute, then you should let him know. He would probably be happy to have your help and trade ins.

Congratulations on the man and the baby. :) Lucky you.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Personally? An asscher full eternity with tiny, shared claw prongs in a trellis setting.

wband789.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congratulations! I recall you and your beautiful rings--from an earlier post. Have you seen Leon Mage''s website--he has some rings that are "ready to go" and one must may suit your needs (or two...
2.gif
). Otherwise I second Pearlman''s--tres fab selection and prices....

BTW, having been thru a pregnancy, one thing to consider are the changes your hands go thru in preganncy/post partum. I might be quite reticent to buy a micropave band or an eternity ring that you might not be able to wear as your hand "swells" during, and/or cannot be resized after the baby is born. Sometimes a simple plain wedding band might be the best solution--then you have all the time in the world to choose your "perfect" wedding rings. No pressure.

cheers--Sharon

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mercoledi, I L
30.gif
VE THAT RING!!! Where did you find it?!?!
23.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 7:55:27 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Mercoledi, I L
30.gif
VE THAT RING!!! Where did you find it?!?!
23.gif
Good lord merc, I agree!!! Where DID you find that fantabulous band??

And to the OP, congratulations!!
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, CONGRATULATIONS, Rita! Sorry . . . I was momentarily struck rude and thoughtless by Mercoledi's GORGEOUS eternity band pic!!!
2.gif

Oh, and to answer your original question: I think any prong-set eternity band is BEAUTIFUL!!! Just pick your favorite shape!
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 8:31:55 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Yes, CONGRATULATIONS, Rita! Sorry . . . I was momentarily struck rude and thoughtless by Mercoledi''s GORGEOUS eternity band pic!!!
2.gif

Oh, and to answer your original question: I think any prong-set eternity band is BEAUTIFUL!!! Just pick your favorite shape!
18.gif
lol.gif

Don''t feel bad, I almost did the same thing!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 3:47:40 PM
Author: mercoledi
Personally? An asscher full eternity with tiny, shared claw prongs in a trellis setting.
Good giggly wiggly, that''s pretty.

I think your hands will swell somewhat with pregnancy as said before...so maybe something that can be easily resized?...Congrats!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!!! How much is the WR budget? This will help PSers make helpful suggestions. :)

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I missed this, isn''t that a stunner?

Go here, wait forever for the stupid flash intro. It''s under the traditional, trellis bands.

Amazing, right? I saw that in a magazine in a B&B in January and did everything short of ripping the page out to remember it!

NSC is actually making one that''s similar.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be tres fab if you communicated to him honestly and directly what you want- i.e. what ring you want to end up with. I can''t help but recall the lady whose boyfriend proposed to her with a .5 (not saying that your boyfriend would, just saying that it didn''t meet her expectations at all). She was embarrassed to show her ring to her co-workers. I actually felt badly for her. Whatever it is you want, you have more resources, I think you should be clear about it.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
If I were in your situation, here is what I would ask for: a eternity band that fits the pregnancy swollen hands, and then a nice ''engagement---celebration of our new child'' ring that is post pregnancy size to make sure the wedding band does not slip off. I would also ask for time to help pick such a ring, having one to look forward to is quite a delightful thought when dealing with the bloated, uncomfortable last stages of pregnancy.

If you have pictures of the other stones your life was graced with, would you mind sharing pictures?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! You should check out Sasha Primak. She makes absolutely stunning bands IMO.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
The most beautiful wedding band ever belongs to 777 Ldy. And you can see it here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-custom-tapered-eternity-ring.83245/

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is from www.krikawa.com it combines smooth sophistication with a hint of bling, and imo, stands alone quite well, or you could wear a future ring with it.

R-MokBandSetWChnlDmd2.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the most beautiful wedding band ever is Leon''s "Classic" eternity.

r559-03Ww.jpg

And because I own a platinum eternity band that can never be sized (and my finger size has changed slightly), I created this one for myself for my tenth wedding anniversary. It has a similiar look from the top.

Mem%20Card%20L2%20204.jpg

Mem%20Card%20L2%20210.jpg

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 2:00:22 PM
Author:ritaareynolds
.... In my previous lifes I have acquired a 4 ct. marquis & an 8 ct. radiant. My F is not financially able to shop in that market - yet.
.... Or to please, let me trade in a diamond to help off set $$. I view my ER as a ring that will passed on to our son. Am I being rude? How can I handle this without being overbearing and keep his ego in tact?
Last year you mentioned that the 8 ct. radiant was from an engagement that was broken, and then suddenly back on again in October 2007. Now just 7 months later you are getting ready to marry this new guy and you want him to be OK with trading in the last guy''s ring (which you got to keep?), is that it?

There is NO way to "handle" this without being overbearing and keeping his ego intact. The suggestion is tacky all the way around IMO. This isn''t some old ring from an engagement you had 10 years ago. The last engagement is barely over, and now you''re pregnant and marrying new guy. You seem to be hopeful that new guy will be able to compete with something in your previous 4 ct. to 8 ct. range, and if he can''t, then you want to trade in your old rings to make sure he can. If you really don''t see how emasculating that would be then I''m not sure there''s anything we can say, but on the off chance you actually didn''t think that through, then here''s your chance to show new guy that''s it''s not about the size of the diamond.

Please don''t start your marriage off making him feel like less than the previous suitors.
38.gif

As to passing rings down to your son. There is no reason that you cannot offer either of your old rings to him when the time comes.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized that Leon''s ring didn''t show up. Here it is. This is babysteps ring. I hope she doesn''t mind me posting it.

This is my favorite wedding band.

[/p]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results