shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my three stone for our tenth wedding anniversary back in May and I have been wearing it on my left hand since my original e-ring stone is currently not set and awaiting a possible pendant setting. I usually wear it alone since my wedding band is yellow gold and I have not been able to find a band that I am totally happy with.

I have my grandmothers wedding band that was white gold with yellow gold on the edges and I thought that it might look nice with my three stone, so I had it rhodium plated to see how I liked it. I love how her band has an inscription with her''s and my grandfathers name plus their wedding date from September of 1935, yet the band looks new!

So what do you think? Does it look good? Is the band too much? Do you think that the three stone would look better on it''s own?

danagran1.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

danagran2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif

danagran3.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

danagran4.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

danagran5.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close-up...the diamonds are blurry here, but it is a nice and clear shot of the band detail.

danagran6.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a small gap that doesn''t bother me at all

danagran7.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one

danagran8.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Dana, I love your 3 stone ering. And I love your grandmother's wband and the lovely sentiment that comes with it. But not together. The wband is a bit masculine next to your 3 stone. What I DO think would look FABulous is if you wore your grandmother's wband with two thin diamond eternity bands - one on either side! Yowzah!
30.gif
That? Would be freak'in awesome. Can you wear the wband on either hand? Because it could be a great RHR...

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of the look. I second it as a RHR. Also, if it was rhodium plated over the yelllow gold parts, aren''t you concerned about it coming off from regular wear?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think both rings are so cool, they should shine separately. I really love that band and the sentiment behind it.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I love that you are able to wear you grandmothers ring. And that three stone is amazing. When they are both on your finger, however, they compete with each other. In fact, I think that the wedding band overpowers your three-stone.

I love Surfgirl's suggestion to wear the band flanked by two thin eternity band. WOWZA. That would definitely be freakin' awesome as a RHR combination.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It would also allow for both the band and your three-stone shine in their own way.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2007 8:50:00 AM
Author: Joolskie
Wow, I love that you are able to wear you grandmothers ring. And that three stone is amazing. When they are both on your finger, however, they compete with each other. In fact, I think that the wedding band overpowers your three-stone.

I love Surfgirl''s suggestion to wear the band flanked by two thin eternity band. WOWZA. That would definitely be freakin'' awesome as a RHR combination.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It would also allow for both the band and your three-stone shine in their own way.

Ditto! I love your grandmother''s band-it''s so cool!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooo .... I think it looks fine... :) I like it alone and together.. I have grandmothers ring and LOVE THEM TOOOOO WOOOOO

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2007 2:39:45 AM
Author: TravelingGal
I think both rings are so cool, they should shine separately. I really love that band and the sentiment behind it.

I agree. I am all about nonmatchy sets but they don''t work together IMHO.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love both pieces but I think they compete with each other on the same hand. I''d wear them on separate hands.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love your 3 stone ring!!! Happy 10th anni!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the band and the diamonds but think the band overpowers the stones. I would love the band separately though!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your opinions. I go back and forth on whether I like the 2 together or not. The wedding band is too big for my finger, so the three stone holds it in place. Since the design does all the way around, the only thing that I could do would be to add sizing beads.

I am not really worried about the rhodium plated YG...the YG part are the outer bands, which is pretty thin. Since the band tapers, that part of the ring isn''t really wearing against anything. Not to mention, I have a wonderful jeweler that rhodium plates things for me at no charge!

There are days when I love my three stone on its own, but on my left hand it looks more like an e-ring. Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

Maryww

Rough_Rock
I like it! It''s unique - I''m a big fan of jewelry no one else has. I also like the sentiment and the "chunkiness" of it together. The most important thing is if YOU like it. I think it looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results