shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW WF ETERNITY RING ARRIVED

MK514

Rough_Rock
Your ring is a show-stopper!!
Now that's an eternity ring that can stand alone, beautiful and classic!
My wish list is growing.......

Enjoy and wear in good health!!

mjg

Rough_Rock
sarahb|1357927349|3353144 said:
I know what you mean, I've seen comments from others--

When I tried it on at the B&M store, same TCW btw, it did feel different as you've got these stones all around instead of that ering. (which my ering does not have diamonds all around, just down the shank)

But unequivocally--I do not have any discomfort at all. It is a different 'feel' or physical presence than my ering, but discomfort? Absolutely not.

Why don't you go into a B&M, & try one on to see the difference as opposed to your erring. I don't find it uncomfortable at all.

Good luck on your decision!! :wavey: :wavey:

Thanks for the response! I haven't been able to find any large eternity rings to try on near me (live in the middle of nowhere!) and we will be ordering online so it's difficult to pull the trigger. This will also be my engagement ring, so I not really have a frame of reference. I think I'll probably end up with a 5 stone to ensure comfort, because I'm all about comfort! :wink2:

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful ring, Sarah!

I LOVE the hugeness of the rounds! :love: :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Owies, you are too kind--thank you!

But you know, yellow is my absolute fav color--don't you think a yellow band like yours would like so good next to mine?? Ha Ha! :lol: You've got my wheels turning woman!! Enjoy that gorgeous ring you have!!
sarahb

GrecianBelle

Rough_Rock
Hi SarahH!

I'm new to Price Scope and I see there's a wealth of info here. I'm getting married in less than 3 months and my fiance agreed to give me the wedding band of my dreams. I'm looking at a 5-6 carat eternity band I was wondering if would be willing to share the color and clarity of your stones. My jeweler quoted me $10,000 for a 5 Carat G color SI1 and $13,000 for a 6 carat same color and clarity

Is that the correct ball park figure I can expect to pay? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi GrecianBelle! :wavey: welcome to PS, it can become addicting!

You soon will learn there are a few PS preferred venders, each with their own niche. I choose Whiteflash, as they seemed to be known for quality of workmanship, and diamond quality. They developed what is known as their ACA brand of diamond, which stands for A Cut Above. They also carry non-ACA stones.

You will also learn that cut reigns supreme when choosing a diamond. over color & clarity. Another reason I went with WF & their ACA diamonds.

& let me tell you, I have never seen a diamond as beautiful as those in my ring. We used E-F VS .50 stones. It has 12 stones, with a blank spot, called a sizing bar. I'd highly recommend getting a sizing bar. With a full eternity, resizing is difficult, with a sizing bar your are guaranteed to be able to wear your ring no matter what. I am in my 50's & cannot wear my original ering, no way no how!! :lol:

So, go check Whiteflash, Brian Gavin too, get quotes, they will be more than happy to be 'shopped'. Let the vendors know you are a PS member, as most afford PS member discounts.

I can tell you this: I aggressively shopped locally, & price & quality does not compare to what I found online with WF. Do not be afraid! I was so nervous to take the leap, & so glad I did. We saved thousands, no taxes, better cut/color/clarity etc. ACA diamonds rock!!

Most important: you need to be sure you are comparing apples to apples. Quantify with your local guy the grading reports--are the stones graded by GIA? AGS? If not steer clear! As a consumer, you need to understand exactly what you are buying. The quotes you gave seem awfully low, which make me question the stone quality. Understand just exactly what type of diamonds (what grading report, what cut color clarity) are being quoted in you in the 5-6ct eternity rings as you shop & compare. Post your findings, & we can help you avoid pitfalls.

Best of luck, & PS is the friendliest bunch ever!
Sarahb

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahb- I commented before but have to again- I just love your ring.

I recently purchased a 5 stone band that I absolutely adore (F/VS1 Gia Ex with .40 pt stones). Your ring was my my inspiration!

I am hopeful that when I'm ready, WF can help me turn it into a full eternity. :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww that is so sweet facetgirl, thank you :wavey: I am so glad you are enjoying your ring :appl:, wear it in good health!! I love that look :love: & on your finger I bet it looks Devine!!! :love:
sarahb

GrecianBelle

Rough_Rock
Hi SarahB,

Thanks for yor response. I've spoken to 3 different jewelers and they all quote $10,000 for 5 carat G/SI1 quality eternity. One guy quoted me $12,000 for F/VS2 stones certified GIA....he was a referral who would supposedly take good care of me. And another gentleman quoted me about $20,000 for GIA certified stones.

I have a friend who got her ring from her friend's dad who's a manufacturer. He sells to jewelry stores I guess. He charged her $4000 to make a 4 carat eternity. when my jeweler looped it, he said the stones were SI1/VS2 stones. But again....they're uncertified I'm sure and he's giving an opinion. The color was G-H. Her stones were .25 each.

I'm just hearing different figures and I don't want to waste money. I"m getting married in July so technically I'm tryng to get something people usually get after years of marriage. And NOw I'm thinking I need to just wait for that anniversary marker to do it right and get the best quality.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Grecianbelle--I can certainly understand wanting that eternity ring, what--with all the engagement excitement as well as getting married!! :appl: quite a big life event!! Congratulations!

I really can't pass judgement on your quotes, as I have no idea what kind of diamonds were involved.

Once that ring budget is spent, it's gone for good. Done. Many here have said that an excellent cut, (ie ACA diamond) or one of the truly ideal all-around best cut diamonds will actually appear larger due to cut alone. I know it is so hard to wait, but if you could truly get great cut diamonds for your ring, it would be such an improvement to what you could potentially end up with if you didn't.

Why don't you start a thread in rocky talk, & let some of the seasoned veterans weigh in?? This is a great topic, & those who really, I mean Really know their stuff could provide much more of a detailed response & concrete suggestions. The group on this forum loves to work through solutions to any issue pertaining to diamonds & jewelry etc. I know they'd help out, if you would like too, think of it as another means to collect information for your data base. It can't hurt--this is an old thread & most everyone who's interested in it read it long ago! :bigsmile:
sarahb

himni

Shiny_Rock
Whoa! Can you say bling bling! I love this band, congrats it looks lovely on you.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hey Sarahb - not sure if you are still around, but MAN I love your ring :) I'm hoping to get one similar to it (a tad smaller though) and I'm wondering if you have a pic of the CAD? How did it translate from CAD to real life (ie. was the CAD pretty close to the final product, or was it bulkier, etc?)

Thanks!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
A ring after my own heart - beautiful setting and such a classic look. I love it! And what a great weight too! It looks
awesome on you.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
by bebe, himni & MuffDog--thank you guys so much--I do love this ring--my ering has not really been out much at all since this one arrived!

MuffDog, I found the CADs!! I'll show you CAD images then actual ring images.

You can tell the metal in the CAD images is a bit bulkier--it's polished down as part of the finishing process. This was the first custom ring for me, so it was a learning experience as well.

The actual translation from CAD to final product: IMHO, just perfect. WF did an awesome job. I'd not worry about the CAD--if you have a concern, post your picture here & let everyone offer input. I can't imagine one of these preferred venders letting something out the door not in tip top shape.

You should start a thread, it'd be fun to watch your process!! :wavey:
sarahb

**images removed by moderator per our policies, please feel free to upload new ones**

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1370964430|3463413 said:
by bebe, himni & MuffDog--thank you guys so much--I do love this ring--my ering has not really been out much at all since this one arrived!

MuffDog, I found the CADs!! I'll show you CAD images then actual ring images.

You can tell the metal in the CAD images is a bit bulkier--it's polished down as part of the finishing process. This was the first custom ring for me, so it was a learning experience as well.

The actual translation from CAD to final product: IMHO, just perfect. WF did an awesome job. I'd not worry about the CAD--if you have a concern, post your picture here & let everyone offer input. I can't imagine one of these preferred venders letting something out the door not in tip top shape.

You should start a thread, it'd be fun to watch your process!! :wavey:
sarahb

I just realized the vender logo is on the photo's--which is not allowed--sorry, I don't know how to eit the logo off of the photo now that I've posted them!! Yikes--apologies to the moderator :oops:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hey Sarahb! Thanks for the reply! Of course, I didn't see it fast enough to see the pic, so I would love it if you could re-post it (without the logo, of course!).

I just love how low the ring sits. Are you still happy with it? Comfortable?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MuffDog! :wavey:

Ok, I learned how to edit a photo today!

Yes, it is absolutely comfortable. No comfort issues.

Let me know if you have any other questions--good luck :)

Here they are & I hope it helps with your journey:
sarahb

_7132.jpg

_7133.jpg

_7134.jpg

_7135.jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
You are right - it did translate well between the CAD and the finished product!! SO gorgeous!! I just love how low it is.

I will let you know when I make some progress! Thanks for your help!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah I keep coming back to this thread time and again to admire your WF eternity band. I love eternities and WF did such a good job with your ring. The scalloped edge w/ shared prongs has long been my favorite look, and the fact that they were able to make the profile low enough that it's actually comfortable to wear is a HUGE plus (actually a "must" in my book ;)) ). Have you taken any fire shots :love: ??? Okay, I'll stop stalking your thread ... for now LOL :bigsmile: .

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww, Roxy you are so kind! You know, I do the same thing with diamondseekers asscher & pink sapphire ring. :bigsmile: So, I'm with you on that!! As for fire shots, I'm not that talented with the camera--but they're ACA's which throw the light, for sure!! :cheeky:
Thank you again, I do love it!!
sarahb :wavey:

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Wowza! Bling alert! :love:

Alicia_Diamond_Love

Rough_Rock
Hi sarahb!

I absolutely love your ring! WOW, I can only imagine what yours looks like in real life! BLING HEAVEN :love: I can't wait to get mine, I will finally understand all the hype of H&A lol. You recently posted on the glamour shots I posted of my new u-prong wedding set. My original wedding band was a full eternity shared prong with 5 pointers. It took a little while to get use to the feeling. It wasn't uncomfortable per se but after a while I didn't even know it was there. I hope its the same with my new u-prong set. I did go to a few local B&Ms and tried that style on and it actually felt more comfortable than my original shared prong.

Here's my post: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-glamour-shots.219722/#post-3990728#p3990728

Thanks again for sharing all your photos!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are in for a BLING HEAVEN show when you get those babies on your hand!! :love: :love: Thank you so much for your kind words! I can't wait to see your hand shots!!! :wavey: :wavey: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results