shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Hello all! My husband and I got married a few weeks ago, so now I can finally post hand pictures of my wedding band! We got them soldered in Key West (we went there on the honeymoon), they did a great job and also polished the e-ring to look new again. :)

collageweddingbandwring1.JPG

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
more pictures

ps- excuse my swollen fingers, it's 95 degrees and 80 percent humidity here, and the Japanese don't have central air conditioning!

collageweddingbandwring2.JPG

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
These are a pair of 24K rings my mother-in-law gave me as a wedding gift. I''m not sure what the stones are, probably pink sapphires, but they sparkle like nothing I''ve ever seen, as much as my diamonds do. The rings are supposed to be stacked, and I wear them on my right hand but had to take the picture on my left since I couldn''t hold the camera steady. :)

koreanringsjls.JPG

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now! This is a conch shell pendant I picked up in Key West. It''s 14k, and I wanted to find something I really couldn''t get any place else. :)

conchnecklace.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jenna! Congrats on having your full wedding set. They look so nice together. I really like your conch shell pendant too!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your wedding!!!! I have always loved your ring. The wedding band looks fantastic with it! Did you have any hesitation about getting it soldered? I have a band that curves to match my e-ring, and I know I should probably have it soldered because it is always twisting and turning. However I have held out b/c I love seeing my e-ring alone (when I take it on and off). But yours see like one unit in a good way - maybe I need to rethink having mine done.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I really love your wedding set. Bypass designs are so cool. And I want one of those pendants! So cool. Never seen one llike it. I love floral or nautical designs in gold.
I always wondered about 24k gold jewelry, is it really soft and prone to bending? I heard somewhere it was. Just curious!

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments. :) I love the way the rings look together! Gail, originally I hesitated to get them soldered because I had heard horror stories about it being done wrong, and the first few jewelers we went to said it would take a month to solder platinum because they had to send it out.
29.gif
But I wore the rings unsoldered for a few days after the wedding, and they never stayed put; because of the design it was really uncomfortable when they didn''t line up. We were walking down the main street in Key West and found a jeweler that would do it in 30 minutes for us! I was nervous but he did an awesome job, you can''t see the solder at all, even from the inside. I like it much better this way! I''ve kind of newly fallen in love with my set again.
9.gif

Diamondsrock, the 24K gold is extremely soft, I have to be very careful with the rings and don''t wear them every day. They have small scratches on the back already even though I am careful, and a jeweler told me they would bend easily if I pressed on them. My husband''s mom is Korean, and apparently it is Korean tradition to give 24K gold gifts for weddings. She also gave us a beautiful 24K gold key, it''s about 5 inches long and engraved with beautiful Korean designs, she said I''m supposed to give it to my daughter when she gets married (notice the baby pressure already!
2.gif
).

The pendant was from the Key West Pearl company, I just found that they have a website, http://www.keywestpearl.com/page/page/1191129.htm. They had all kinds of cool ocean-y designs, but I figured the conch shell was the most unique and not something I could find elsewhere. I really like it, and it looks kind of like a heart from a distance.
30.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
All really nice pieces!
I think the rings from your MIL are very bold and unique! Very nice!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice jewels, all of them! I love your wedding set...it is so unique!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, loving that whole hug me style of band with your e-ring. Those 24k and pink saph. rings are to die for. Enjoy all your new baubles. (necklace too)

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the way the wedding set looks together. And what unique yg rings...they look so buttery and gorgeous with those pink stones. Very cool tropical, sentimental necklace. You raked it in!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding set is lovely and so are your stackable rings and the pendant! Congratulations!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage! I just love your engagement ring and it looks fantastic with the matching band. With a set like that I think you are wise to have them soldered together so they don''t drive you crazy!!! Your 24 kt. rings and your pendant are also lovely and unusual. Thanks for sharing.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Jennalyns, your wedding set looks great! Congrats! The necklace looks very pretty and sweet. The gold rings look beautiful, the pink really pops with the rich gold color. It seems like a lot of the asian cultures have the tradition of giving 24kt gold as gifts to the bride. They might not be practical for daily wear but they sure are so beautiful.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jennalyns ~
emrose.gif

Congratulations
36.gif
on your recent marraige, and may the two of you be blessed with
emlove.gif
love
emlove.gif
& happiness
face23.gif
!

I like the semi bezel on your ering ... pretty! And I think you wring fits perfectly!
30.gif
I can imagine how uncomfortable it would be if they didn''t line up just right, smart move getting them soldered together! Glad to hear they did it in a timely fashion for you and the workmanship was good!

Your MIL is so sweet! The YG rings are very pretty too! Enjoy!!

I love the conch pendant
emlove.gif
, and how special to buy something that will bring back many happy memories of your honeymoon!

Take care and have a wonderful day!
35.gif

sebcannon

Rough_Rock
I LOVE how the WB fits perfectly flush w/ your e-ring! I am shooting for the same thing. I see you had yours soldered, but do you have an alternate WB for when you dont wanna wear your e-ring???

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
hi! sebcannon, no, I don''t have another wedding band. I never take my rings off except to clean them or if I''m cooking. The way my ring''s set, it''s pretty durable and I''m such a sap that I have to have them on at all times.
1.gif
Your ring is gorgeous, by the way!!

sebcannon

Rough_Rock
Thanks Jen! You ring does look pretty durable...I''m like you hto, I never wanna take mine off! I''m so sentimental (sp?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results