shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding band ideas for pear halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kmcq

Rough_Rock
I finally registered and this is my first post.
3.gif
I''ve been a long time lurker and learned so much. I recently got an upgrade and my old wedding band does not look too good with this e-ring. I was hoping you would be able to help me pick what would look best. These are my options:

#1- Very thin half eternity band. This is my first choice actually the only problem is it would not fit under my e-ring so there would be a big gap between wedding band and e-ring. Not sure if it would look out of place or not.

#2- Have it customed made so it''s a curved eternity ring. It would mould against the round part of the pear. The problem though with this is it would look really weird if I have to wear the wedding band by itself (for the times I dont want to wear my e-ring)

#3- The trilogy eternity band like Brooke Shield''s (3 thin eternity bands entwined) But again not sure if it would look out of place and I dont know where to buy it from and custom made is a little bit out of our price range.

Thanks so much for your input!

121670c.jpg

kmcq

Rough_Rock
Sorry the first pic is the one that I was looking at. Attached here is my engagement ring.

PICT00081.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
HI and WELCOME!
36.gif

I have seen some halo erings with wbands that don''t fit flush and I think they look great. Aesthetically, what would you prefer to look at more? Would it bug you if they didnt sit right up against one another?

If you look around the Eyecandy thread in the SMTR folder you can get some great ideas!

kmcq

Rough_Rock
heres'' another picture- it is not raised so a wedding band cant sit close to the e-ring

PICT00111.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you got a thin eternity band - like the size of the shank of the ering it would look great. The gap wouldn''t bother me - not with that nice pear!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely REFUSE to give you any input until you post more pictures of that ring. WITH DETAILS.
30.gif

kmcq

Rough_Rock
9.gif
It is a 1 carat center H, SI2 and .30 total carat weight for the halo in 18 kt gold. I think the band is about 1mm.

PICT00021.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love the airline between the halo and the stone. Was it a custom job? It's gorgeous.
Do you have a picture of the profile? I'd like to see the side view of what we're dealing with here.

I like the idea of a curved band, though I agree that it looks somewhat odd when worn alone. Treysar's round halo ring has a curved band to go with it, and it does look beautiful.

What I would *probably* do, depending on how your side view looks (cuz I'm not sure how much room we're talking about here - need to see how the head connects to the band, and how it sits on your finger) would be to create a notched eternity band that snuggles up next to your current ring shank. The band would either be shaped like a horseshoe (not fully closed) or be completely circular but very thinned out near the pear head so it could slip under the head of your ring. I'd probably do it as an eternity band so that when I was wearing the ring alone, I'd rotate the ring around so the thin notch was facing the palm of my hand, and from above it'd look like a regular eternity band.

While I don't mind gaps between rings, if the band can't fit under your ering at all, that will be a pretty large gap. I personally might just get an eternity band and wear it on the other ring finger if a custom fix wasn't an option.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
You engagement ting is absolutely gorgeous and IMO stands up beautifully all by itself. I think you shoud do something completely different with a wedding band worn on the other hand. I am fairly new to Pricescope and it seems everone is doing bands that they wear along side of their e-rings. I sometimes think this makes it hard to appreciate the beauty of each ring and I prefer a wedding ring alone. That way, your wedding ring can shoew another side of your personality or match your husband''s. Just my two cents.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
How about a notched band that will sit flush? I''ve seen people who have low galleries on their rings get custom made notched rings and they look great and give that flush fit look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results