shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Hi All!

I hope everyone''s doing well. I am just completely confused right now. My fiance just brought home a new wedding band that I was supposed to use only as something to wear while I''m working (so I don''t damage/lose my e-ring). However, I am starting like this one as well. I do love my original wedding band but this one doesn''t look so bad either! Now I don''t know what to do arggggh. Which one do you all think compliments my e-ring better?

The new one is the channel set and the original one is the shared prong with rounds.

33.gif

ggasscher111.jpg

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
I really like this new one, but I''m partial, it''s almost jsut like mine!

Can you keep both? Or is it deciding which one to use in the wedding?

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
they''re both gorgeous! I do think I like the channel set one better with your ring.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, I really think the step cut band goes perfectly with your e-ring! I think an asscher with step cut side stones and a step cut wedding band is my FAVORITE look. In fact, I WISH I''d gone that direction, haha.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Can we see a shot of the new band in the same view as the hand shot with the rounds?

I like them both so far.

Soon2bMrs.B

Rough_Rock
I am no help at all because I like them both! I just wanted to say that your fiance is definetly a keeper!! How nice of him! I did try on a Memoire band today that looked very similar to your shared prong, and it was very pretty!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, part of it may be the way the photo was taken. But I also like the new band. I really like those channel set baguette ring. I tried one on after seeing it in a photo and then on my cat''s vet but sadly it didn''t look at nice on me as it seems to on you.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Here is a comparison photo with (sort of) similar shots. I can keep both but I''m mainly stuck on which one to use for the wedding and to wear on a daily basis.

All of your help and opinions are really appreciated!
1.gif

ggasscher333.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm ... fun problem really! BOTH bands are beautiful and I love them BOTH with your e-ring. Maybe you'll have to decide which band looks best ALONE. My hunch is that the shared prong rounds would have more presence alone & perhaps look more feminine by itself than the channel set one would by ITSELF.

Could you use both bands in the ceremony? And then mix and match as you wish with both being your "real" band.

If you choose the shared prong to stand alone as the everyday ring and don't want to use both in the ceremony ... I'd want to wear my "real" wedding ring everyday. So maybe use the round one in the ceremony. That way you're always wearing something "real".

When you have your e-ring "set" on ... the ering is your original
When you have your standalone band ... it is your "real" wedding band.

JMHO. Congrats!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that if you're worried about the round brilliant band eating into the prongs of your e-ring, the channel set band might be "safer".

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it was just about wearing it with your ER I would say the new channel set hands down. It''s perfect with your ER!! But.......for wearing alone I think the shared prong band stands alone better. Sorry I''m no help at all!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the bag. band better with your e-ring.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baguettes - all the way!

But, I''m biased as I have tiny baguette bands flanking my Asscher.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
They''re both beautiful, but I like the channel baguette band a little better. Is there a possibility of getting an asscher band? That would be TDF.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh they are both gorgeous. I think I prefer the channel one, the shared prong may eat into your prongs.. The shared prong that I have did that to my ering, so now I wear it solo if at all. Wish I had known that before I bought it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/10/2008 6:54:09 PM
Author: decodelighted
Hmmmm ... fun problem really! BOTH bands are beautiful and I love them BOTH with your e-ring. Maybe you''ll have to decide which band looks best ALONE. My hunch is that the shared prong rounds would have more presence alone & perhaps look more feminine by itself than the channel set one would by ITSELF.

Could you use both bands in the ceremony? And then mix and match as you wish with both being your ''real'' band.

If you choose the shared prong to stand alone as the everyday ring and don''t want to use both in the ceremony ... I''d want to wear my ''real'' wedding ring everyday. So maybe use the round one in the ceremony. That way you''re always wearing something ''real''.

When you have your e-ring ''set'' on ... the ering is your original

When you have your standalone band ... it is your ''real'' wedding band.

JMHO. Congrats!!!

Dittoing Deco - this suggestion is genius. Both bands look lovely with your gorgeous e-ring, but the baguette band seems to complement it more ... and this way, you get the best of both worlds. Will you ever stack them for added bling, do you think?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of the original. I believe I said that in another thread when you first got it. I like the play on various shapes. Makes it more interesting and fun.

skwash

Rough_Rock
I think that the channel band is a better match to the angular nature of the asscher. That said, both look beautiful.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m partial to the channel set baguettes, but maybe that''s because it''s a lot like my band! ;-) I would wear both for the wedding, and wear the shared-prong alone on days you don''t want to wear your ering. But, the ering goes great with both!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both are pretty, but I love the look of the baguette band with your e-ring.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally love the channel set WITH the ring.

Like the round as a RHR type band OR when you are wearing ONLY a band, no solitaire.

Ice Princess Cristy

Shiny_Rock
I like the new band to be paired with the ER and to be worn as a set. I think they compliment each other well and look like a set. I love the original as a stand alone wedding band, to be worn when you are not wearing the ER.
Are you sodering the ER and the band together? If you don''t you can always mix and match, even wear both...one on each side, etc. In the wedding I would wear the new one though..... good luck... can''t hear wait to hear what you decide!

carabella

Shiny_Rock
Totally agree with Diamondfan....I would wear the RBC as a RHR and keep that channel set as your wband. Both look good, but I am partial to the channel set band with your gorgeous ering!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2008 11:38:12 PM
Author: carabella
Totally agree with Diamondfan....I would wear the RBC as a RHR and keep that channel set as your wband. Both look good, but I am partial to the channel set band with your gorgeous ering!
Thritto!
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like the baguettes with your e-ring but I think the round band would probably look better by itself. Looking at the rings I think I''d like the rounds better on their own because of how much of them you can see. The baguettes are more recessed and wouldn''t be as noticeable without the e-ring.

I know you only have a couple of weeks but have you considered a shared prong asscher? That may be the best of both worlds. Link to SP

I love the new band... I don''t even know why.. but it looks perfect! However, having two bands isn''t so bad either :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results