shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding band dilema.. help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
this is my e-ring

do you think a non-channel set eternity band will look good as a wedding band?

this is the matching band for it:

scott_kay4new.jpg

(B100RDPP)

but i don''t really like it.

i want something like this:
q1186a.jpg

30.gif

help!!

anillo061007 (105).jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I would suggest a thin eternity band from Signed Pieces..They have a great selection!! Here's the link...

Signed Pieces

~ETA: I think a shared prong eternity band will look great as long as it's not too large...I would keep it petite.
2.gif
For size reference, I would make the stones in the eternity band about the same size as the small bezel set rounds in your e-ring...that would look perfect!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''d actually prefer to see a channel set band with your e-ring in order to echo the channel setting of the ring. A shared prong wouldn''t look as good, IMO. Maybe something like this?

channel set WF bead.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Or without the bead-set, like this? (Don''t know if you need a curved WB or not, but I''m sure WF makes one that doesn''t curve)

WFchannelsetcurved.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with facetfire. I think the first one would look great with your e-ring.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irina, I''m always so amazed by your Photoshop skills!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, great illustration, Irina! I really don''t like a shared prong ring with that e-ring.

I am going to have to say that I think the matching band is going to look the best. Anything else is likely to look mismatched, I''m afraid. I think your e-ring is very pretty!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too think the channel set band is the best way to go with your ering! I love shared prong bands but the style is very different from your ering.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
wow Irina thaks!!! that was really good, but i'm actually sad
8.gif

thanks to your illustration I can see a shared prong won't look good.. right now i'm regretting the e-ring style i chose
39.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2006 8:12:54 PM
Author: anacgarcia
wow Irina thaks!!! that was really good, but i''m actually sad
8.gif

thanks to your illustration I can see a shared prong won''t look good.. right now i''m regretting the e-ring style i chose
39.gif

Why? I am sure there is something about your e-ring you fell in love with. You can always get a shared prong for your RHR.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think you have a beautiful ring and I think the matching band is really perfect. Also, I like the fact that the band can also stand alone, so you can wear them together, wear the w-band on your left hand and the e-ring on your right, or vice-versa.

CT026

Rough_Rock
Absolutely!! I personally prefer the eternity look as opposed to channel set and feel like the diamonds get an opportunity to really shine with the former! Good luck
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome photoshop work! I like the shared small band bottom right the best. In general, most of these match just fine.

bae7

Shiny_Rock
I think your ering is absolutely beautiful. I''m thinking, you can actually have your cake and eat it too. I think the band you picked out is goreous but maybe you could wear that on your right hand. I think the bands that go with your ering would flatter your ering (I didn''t like the first one on the top either). In my humble opinion, a wedding ring should compliment the ering, not overpower it, detract from it, or like someone else said, look mismatched. Again, I LOVE your ering!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Nice photoshop work! That direct comparison shows how much more I REALLY like the channel set band with your e-ring. I like the matching one too, though. Don''t fret...your e-ring is gorgeous and unique and looks stunning with a channel set band!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh what a tough call! i am so happy that when we were shopping, flush fit and matchy matchy was really important to me, i considered my w-ring while shopping for the e-ring. i wish that i could remind everyone to do that when they find PS. it should be like a big warning sign. hehee.

i don''t like the shared prongs at all with your ring, not even the small one. it just emphasizes the differences to me in the ring construction and the styles. i typically don''t like channel settings but it looks best with your ring in my opinion. good luck and don''t be too down on your e-ring. if it''s possible though to consider changing it to get something that does work with the w-ring you want, think about it!!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
thanks for all your comments!!!
and WOW
30.gif
Irina you''re good!!!!!!! I think the small channel set looks great... and maybe i''ll get a shared prong later for my right hand.

I think the choice is going to be betwen the channel set and the matching band
20.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 11:42:19 AM
Author: Mara
gosh what a tough call! i am so happy that when we were shopping, flush fit and matchy matchy was really important to me, i considered my w-ring while shopping for the e-ring. i wish that i could remind everyone to do that when they find PS. it should be like a big warning sign. hehee.

i don''t like the shared prongs at all with your ring, not even the small one. it just emphasizes the differences to me in the ring construction and the styles. i typically don''t like channel settings but it looks best with your ring in my opinion. good luck and don''t be too down on your e-ring. if it''s possible though to consider changing it to get something that does work with the w-ring you want, think about it!!

I''m considering it but I don''t think mi fiance will be too happy since I chose the e-ring
3.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Channel set for your w-band does look the best with your style ring - but yes, you can always get a RHR eternity.

Or you could still get the eternity and just wear it on your right hand. I don''t know how popular this is anymore, but my mom wears her w- band on her left hand and her e -band on her right, she has never worn the two together. She didn''t like the way they looked combined.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
i just called the jewelry where my FI bought my e-ring and the matching band is $2340, i think it''s expensive right?

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love the channel set band with your e-ring. That is a lovely look!

I love eternity bands too, but they seem to fight/clash with your unique e-ring. Then again, maybe a diamond battle isn''t so bad.

I just love it when the overall look is seamless and enhances the beauty of your e-ring stone. The channel set gets my vote because it does just that!

susi

Shiny_Rock
You can have both style diamond bands! One for the e-ring that compliments it ( GORGEOUS E-Ring!!) and another for your right hand.

Wearing jewelry is so personal....we can get caught up in what we''re "supposed to do" sometimes. Right now, I''m wearing a solitaire on my right hand and a gold band on my middle finger left hand. No wedding ring, not even my original e-ring....

You should do what makes you feel good
1.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely go with the small channel set band that Irina photoshopped. It looks great with your e-ring and would also be beautiful on its own. Save the shared-prong eternity band for your right hand....perhaps for your 1 year wedding anniversary?
31.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
31.gif
interesting kristy!! you''re right hehehe.. i''ll ask for that later
36.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I talked to my FI yesterday and he told me to change the setting if I want to... but do you think the jewelry will return it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results