shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW We're engaged! Hers&hers halo e-rings: heart cut and OMC

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
My fiancee really wanted a heart cut diamond in a halo for her engagement ring. We talked about it a lot and figured out exactly what we were looking for, but she thought that this wouldn't happen until next winter at the earliest. Yesterday I surprised her with the rings- her 1.05/G/SI1 heart cut halo and for me, my great grandmother's 1.44/J/SI2 OMC reset into a matching setting. (I had posted in RockyTalky before about choosing an heirloom diamond from my mother's collection for this project).

I am so happy with the results! I haven't been able to get any good pictures of hers yet- the ones we took inside last night didn't come out particularly well. I got some pretty ones of my ring on the way to work today. Here is what I have though :)

image__1_8.jpeg

_146.jpeg

julia_ring_1.jpg

julia_ring_2.jpg

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
The stones face up about the same size even though mine is 1.44 and hers is 1.05. The OMC is very deep and faces up small for its size.

photo_445.jpg

photo_446.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I log how the two ended up being matchy. Get more pictures please!! We rarely get hearts on ps.. and I've recently taken a liking to them :love: and of course, more pics of the OMC are more than welcome, too.

Congratulations :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! :appl:

I love those - I love that the matching settings for the differently shaped stones! They aren't exactly the same but they clearly belong together :bigsmile:

Ditto madelise - please do post some more pics!

himni

Shiny_Rock
awww! congrats, can't wait to see what wedding bands you choose.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my golly I really really REALLY love this.

They both look lovely of course but the idea of you both having similar rings is too stinking sweet. And I'll be honest. I have a soft spot for a heart shape. They are like the chubbiest of pears and I like them. :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are awesome! I don't think I'd be able to take my eyes of either of your hands because of the bling factor. Congrats!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
What a great set! I love how they go together so well!

What are you two thinking of doing for wedding bands?

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
Wedding bands will be pave half eternities (actually slightly more than half- same as the e-rings). I will have the same jeweler make them to exactly match the engagement rings.

Her ring size is 3.25 and mine is 3.5, I think the small fingers really help them look blingy! Also the metal is 14kt white gold. The bands are 2mm which I LOVE- a lot of the rings we looked at were narrower and it was just too delicate of a look. I like being able to see the individual stones in the halo instead of just glitter.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful rings - and how sweet that they're in the same style! Well done! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WELL DONE!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: What beautiful non matching "matching" rings!! They are both gorgeous rings yet individually unique --- like the two of you!!

Congratulations on your engagement!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!

Gorgeous! Love that you got matching rings but different cut stones. They will look awesome with the matching bands as well!

They both look fantastic, but the OMC really looks at "home" in that halo setting w/ the claw prongs- I love seeing antique cut stones put into settings that make them look fantastic and yours does.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!!!!

I love both rings :love: They go together so well. What I like is that each ring is stunning in it's own way: 2 perfectly matching ring but not identical. Gorgeous!!!

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Wow -- cool idea, nicely done! I, too, am a heart-shape dia lover and really enjoyed seeing this...way to make a heart shape play well with others!

Congrats on your engagement and please post more pics.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg those are both GORGEOUS!!! I am crazy-nutso aboout halos and these look so beautiful on your tiny fingers! The heart halo is so beautifully done, and your omc looks perfect in its new home - congrats and enjoy all the bling! :appl:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love everything about this! Beautiful rings!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings both of them, congrats!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings!!! Beautiful hands!!!! - and you both wear size 3-something?!?! Congrats! Enjoy your holidays!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double bling! :love: Congratulations!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a big halo person, and also not a heart person, so I am having a bit of an identity crisis because I am totally in lust after your halo'ed heart e-ring.. It's so cute and sparkly and pretty and wow! :) Congratulations to you both, hope you have many happy years together wearing your beautiful matching rings :appl: :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful, both of them! I love that you have matching settings but different stones, just gorgeous! Huge congratulations!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results