carat
color
clarity

Vintage platinum 6 stone wedding band!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Taylorbug!|1325969428|3097419 said:
tyty333|1325968506|3097402 said:
Hey Ara Ann...did you say you ordered a 1 mm spacer? Can I asked where you got it and can you post pics of it and your
set when you get it? I need one and I'm hoping 1mm is enough but not sure if I needed to go bigger.

Thanks,
tyty

hey tyty....sorry to threadjack, but I have a 1mm spacer that I wear with my 5 stone band and marquise er and it is really almost too narrow. I am thinking of getting a 1.5mm or one that is is bit taller. Hope this helps :twirl:

Hi Taylorbug.... Yes, I ordered a 1mm spacer, but my rings are fairly delicate, the w-band is a smidge over 2mm on top and tapers around the back to just under 2mm - and my e-ring is about the same, 2mm at the top near the baguettes and tapers around the back.

I did try a 2mm spacer band, it was actually a stainless steel comfort fit band - I ordered it to test the width with my rings and found the 2mm is just too wide and overpowers my rings. I suggest you try that too...the stainless steel band was less than $10 delivered and would give you a good idea on the width you need for your set.

I am hoping the 1mm will do it, but I did think about having it made .5 size larger (a 5.5 instead of a small 5, my regular ring size), so it would sit up higher between the prongs of the 2 rings, if that makes sense. Since it will be in the middle and is so narrow, I don't think it will matter if it is a tad bit bigger than the other two. Hope I am right!

And I ordered it in palladium from an etsy seller, but now I am worried...I just tried to find her page to post the link here - and it looks like she is out of business! All of her items are marked as 'sold' on her page. I know she had been ill and asked for more time to get caught up on her orders - I hope she is alright!

I'll update when/if I get the spacer ring. =)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gosh, the band looks perfect with your ering!!! They make a gorgeous set, congrats on such a great find!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ara Ann|1325866624|3096481 said:
Hi All!

I finally found the perfect wedding band for my vintage e-ring! :appl:

A few weeks ago I though I'd have to change out my e-ring setting, thinking I had developed an allergy to platinum...I broke out in a rash on my ring finger...was really bad...but then I realized I had a bad reaction to the super strong concentrated dish soap I used to clean my rings! No more problems as long as I avoid that nasty soap! So relieved I get to keep my e-ring setting! :praise:

I have been looking for just the right band to pair with it and found this one, the day after Christmas!

It's probably 40's-50's era, which is the same as my e-ring setting, so they compliment each other nicely...it has 4 round cuts and 2 rectangle baguettes, which are almost bezel set...it looks great with my e-ring, couldn't be happier!

I had to have both rings sized down and just got them back yesterday...I am a snug 5 now, after losing weight this last year! I may have to add a bead or two if they get spinny after I lose my last 9 pounds! :mrgreen:

And I have a 1mm spacer band ordered too...should have that in the next couple of weeks. =)

Wow - what a lucky find, they look incredible together! Really, they look like they were made to match each other - beautiful!!

And I'm glad you figured out that it was the soap :-o

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Ara Ann|1325950997|3097246 said:
Wow!!! Thanks for all of the replies ladies!!! :razz:

And yes, 'SparklyOEC' - I did have a vintage OMC e-ring - and found a curved band for that setting. I actually had to sell that set...I had lost so much weight and the antique setting was very delicate, I was afraid it would be destroyed by trying to have it sized down so much. The shank had been built up quite a bit in a repair, but the filigree was so delicate, didn't want it to break or have damage by making the band so much smaller. I also tried to find a different setting for that diamond, but my husband was so set against breaking the ring apart - I decided to sell that set - which is when I got my new e-ring. It all worked out in the end...but I do sometimes miss the older filigree style too. BUT, that is what RHR's are for! :D

Sad about the set, but congrats on the weight loss! Not to mention your beautiful new set. Definitely what RHR's are for! ha ha

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Junebug and Yssie!

Glad to find out it was the soap too, although I am still dealing with the latest rash - takes a couple of weeks to clear up once it starts...ugh...itchy, scaly and gross.

And, BTW, because I know a lot of us use dish soap to clean our rings, I want to share the product that irritated my finger SO badly.

the soap is "Dawn Power Clean Overnight Soaking Power in 5 Minutes" - I had used the regular Dawn on my rings before without any reactions, but HAVE had rashes when I use "antibacterial" liquid soaps...we never buy those anymore and haven't for years now. I didn't make the connection between the rash and this dish soap because it's not antibacterial...guess it must be very harsh. I got some new dish soap today, made to be gentle on hands...but I am afraid to use any dish soap on my rings anymore! :sick:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
SparklyOEC|1325995904|3097680 said:
Ara Ann|1325950997|3097246 said:
Wow!!! Thanks for all of the replies ladies!!! :razz:

And yes, 'SparklyOEC' - I did have a vintage OMC e-ring - and found a curved band for that setting. I actually had to sell that set...I had lost so much weight and the antique setting was very delicate, I was afraid it would be destroyed by trying to have it sized down so much. The shank had been built up quite a bit in a repair, but the filigree was so delicate, didn't want it to break or have damage by making the band so much smaller. I also tried to find a different setting for that diamond, but my husband was so set against breaking the ring apart - I decided to sell that set - which is when I got my new e-ring. It all worked out in the end...but I do sometimes miss the older filigree style too. BUT, that is what RHR's are for! :D

Sad about the set, but congrats on the weight loss! Not to mention your beautiful new set. Definitely what RHR's are for! ha ha

Thank you! And yep, I do have 9 other fingers to dress! :mrgreen:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Not a happy update for me!!!

It turns out I DID have an allergic reaction to my platinum rings...I was in denial and suffered from a horrific rash and swelling from the allergy...I finally faced the fact that I had to reset my diamond into a 14k gold semi-mount. so I have just listed this e-ring (mounting only) and wedding band in the 'previously loved' section. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone is interested.

Thank you!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear you are still having an allergy to platinum. Have you remounted your marquise (looking at your avatar)? Do you have a thread on it? Would love to see more pics. :wavey:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the ring in my avatar is my new setting... =) Thanks for asking! And nope, I haven't started a thread on it yet, my camera is acting up and I don't like any of the pics I took...the avatar pic is ok, but I can't start a thread with only one decent photo! :wink2:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
It looks very nice in your avatar. Was this a stock setting or one you had custom made to fit your stone? I look forward to MORE pictures of it. (I am also a marquise girl!) :love:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Taylorbug!|1331299570|3144906 said:
It looks very nice in your avatar. Was this a stock setting or one you had custom made to fit your stone? I look forward to MORE pictures of it. (I am also a marquise girl!) :love:

Hi again!

Well, it is a customized setting...it was made to order for my diamond, plus I added prongs and milgraining too...and it is unplated white gold. It came out beautifully! I'll try to get some good pics this weekend and start a thread. The halo is pretty delicate and the pics I've taken so far just don't do it justice at all. :rolleyes:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we need more pics! All that hard work trying to find a wedding band for nothing...dont you just hate that!

Looking forward to new pics!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1331312708|3145024 said:
Yes, we need more pics! All that hard work trying to find a wedding band for nothing...dont you just hate that!

Looking forward to new pics!

Yes, I do just hate that :roll: ...thanks tyty.

But the good news is, the band is pending! :razz: And I am able to wear my Mother's original wedding band from her first wedding set, it's white gold and it looks nice with my new halo! So I guess it all worked out alright. I may still get a blingy band to wear occasionally - but I am good for now.

And - LOL, our 25th anniversary is in one month... My DH said he is going to take my new ring away, a couple of days prior to our get away, so he can 'surprise' me with it...too cute. :D But he knows better than to ask for it too soon...not taking it off until the last minute! :wacko:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Ara Ann, it's gorgeous!! Can't wait to see if it goes as well with my [future] ering as I think it will. :naughty:

Congrats on your anniversary! I'm glad you were able to find a resolution to your ering/wedding band situation.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
star sparkle|1331316764|3145078 said:
Ara Ann, it's gorgeous!! Can't wait to see if it goes as well with my [future] ering as I think it will. :naughty:

Congrats on your anniversary! I'm glad you were able to find a resolution to your ering/wedding band situation.

Thank you!

Oh, I hope it goes great with your e-ring!! It is a really pretty band and very well made...it's not a wimpy thin band at all, but yet it looks delicate too! I will miss it, but hope you love it!

Any pics of your e-ring posted on here? :?:

Thanks again! :wavey:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Ara Ann|1331317744|3145085 said:
Thank you!

Oh, I hope it goes great with your e-ring!! It is a really pretty band and very well made...it's not a wimpy thin band at all, but yet it looks delicate too! I will miss it, but hope you love it!

Haha, I like your description! That's how I feel about my ering, so hopefully the two go great!

I have a thread with a bunch of pictures https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-soon-to-be-lang-antiques-e-ring.166523/.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
star sparkle|1331319453|3145105 said:
Ara Ann|1331317744|3145085 said:
Thank you!

Haha, I like your description! That's how I feel about my ering, so hopefully the two go great!

I have a thread with a bunch of pictures https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-soon-to-be-lang-antiques-e-ring.166523/.

Oh, your ring is just gorgeous!!! I think they will look great together too! Can't wait to see them together!

I got to visit Lang's 2 years ago, my DH was in SF on a business trip, I went along with him and our hotel was only 2 blocks away! Made for a nice afternoon for me! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results