shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Art Deco ring from Single Stone

happycanary

Rough_Rock
I've been a lurker on PS for the past couple of years now and all the info on this website has been invaluable in helping me choose "the one"! Now that my turn has come I wanted to share my experience and end result with all of you.

The ring is a 1910 vintage art deco ring with an N VS European cut diamond. The first time I visited Single Stone was a couple years ago, when I was still living in Los Angeles. Fast forward to present, after a couple years of PS lurking and looking at other jewelers, I was still convinced that I wanted Ari to make my ring. We'd moved out of the area since then and actually flew in to LA for the consultation. Initially, I had thought I would pick a setting and then pick a diamond. We were towards the end of our consultation when Ari brought out a couple of vintage rings and there was something about this one that just called to me. The detailing on the ring was so fine it was incredible and I was really drawn to the fact that it was that old. Let me say that Ari is fantastic, he has a really artistic eye for jewelry and the workmanship on all his pieces is amazing. At first I was concerned that the stone was too yellow but at the same time I felt the tint lent an old world charm to the ring. Ari reassured me that the tint and the setting in this instance complemented each other and trusting in his abovementioned artistic eye, I decided to take a leap of faith and go with it.

We hadn't planned on buying a band the same day (just looking!) but when Ari showed me a diamond and ruby eternity band I was SOLD - I thought the rubies and the warmth of the diamond were just made for each other.

Enough said, photos below. I would highly recommend Single Stone to anyone who is interested in vintage or vintage inspired pieces.

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

fireweed24

Rough_Rock
OH It's beautiful. :love: :love: :love: I love the color with that setting. I would love to have a vintage engagement ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, happy!!
:love: :love: :love:

Can I request more handshots - especially with both the ring and the ruby band? :sun: :bigsmile:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! I love the old world charm of a lower color stone. Congratulations!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

They're gorgeous together :bigsmile:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
as a lover of antique cuts - I am naturally going to adore your ring...

but the side detail on this piece just blows me away!!

stunning!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

happycanary

Rough_Rock
Heliotrope --> thanks! It's not very clear on the photos but there are 6 teeeeeny diamonds on each side on the ring, adorning the bow detail. When I saw the ring I immediately thought of the elves and mithril in Lord of the Rings lol. I'm so glad I swallowed my N color misgivings and went with it!

E B

Ideal_Rock
It's GORGEOUS! The side detailing reminds me of dragonflies. Do you have any closer detail shots? If you don't, no worries, just had to ask! :love:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
happycanary said:
Heliotrope --> thanks! It's not very clear on the photos but there are 6 teeeeeny diamonds on each side on the ring, adorning the bow detail. When I saw the ring I immediately thought of the elves and mithril in Lord of the Rings lol. I'm so glad I swallowed my N color misgivings and went with it!

my ering is an OMC M and I am so pleased I went with an older cut in a warmer hue

there is something about the way they reflect the light that makes my heart skip a beat

last night out at dinner my ring was going crazy in the candlelight!! after a year I still find myself stopping short to study its beauty

congrats on finding your own Nenya :wink2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why you fell in love! Congratulations on your beautiful rings! :appl: :appl: :appl:

happycanary

Rough_Rock
EB --> here are larger versions of the close up shots

Heliotrope --> your ring is so unique, I love it! I totally agree with you re: the reflections and color.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
WHOA - gorgeous!

Antique stones like this, esp in vintage settings just make my heart melt! Its a beautiful stone, in a beatiful setting.

Congrats on a beautiful find - two beatiful finds, I should say :love:

And I agree - Ari and crew are top notch!

Wear in much love, great health, and tons of happiness for always!! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
That ring is gorgeous! congratulations!!! And I love the wedding band as well. I never would have put the two together but on your finger it is perfection! i'm so jealous!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Both rings look like they were made for your hand. Just magnificent. I've never gone into SS and I live in the city next to the San Marino store, you've inspired me to go have a look. I love the N color, I just ordered an N in a RB I hope it looks half a good as your diamond.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Forgive me if I missed it, but what size is that beauty?

I'm utterly in love with it! My two OECs are from about the same exact time period with period settings too, and are M and N colored respectively, so I'm a bit biased... but I absolutely *adore* both the stone and the setting. Great finds!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO beautiful. I love the N color. I often visit the SS website just to drool.

Ari made a custom mounting for my EC diamond. He did a great job.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love both rings. They are gorgeous!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous set!! I love the detail- amazing! We need more detail shots of the profile!!!

Congratulations on your special find!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is just stunning! I love vintage rings!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :love: :love: :love:

Looks like something has been in the family for a long time. And I just love that. And you are right about the warmth of the stone blending and working with the setting.

Really need to go to Singlestone one day.

happycanary

Rough_Rock
LittleGreyKitten said:
Forgive me if I missed it, but what size is that beauty?

I'm utterly in love with it! My two OECs are from about the same exact time period with period settings too, and are M and N colored respectively, so I'm a bit biased... but I absolutely *adore* both the stone and the setting. Great finds!

No, not at all, you didn't miss it. The stone is 2.08 cts and the e-ring is size 5, the band is 5.25.

Thanks ladies, I'm glad you all enjoy it as much as I do!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
that is a beautiful set!! i love that your ring has history and makes its own bold statement. the ruby ring is gorgeous too! i love a splash of color :)) great finds, congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results