shape
carat
color
clarity

Victorian 5 Stone Opal Ring

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

I just wanted to share my latest find! I found this beauty at an antique mall in a very small town nearby. I don't know much about opals, but this ring really spoke to me and I couldn't let it go. The details on the sides are very pretty to me and also has that aged patina to them. I researched opals after the purchase, but if anybody wants to provide me with further info. I will be much obliged. It was sold to me as 14K rose gold, circa 1890. Enjoy!

img_20150429_133817.jpg

img_20150429_133824.jpg

img_20150429_133754.jpg

img_20150429_133539.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous find! You're so lucky - and it suits your slender fingers perfectly. Great job!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
That is very beautiful. I never thought rose gold and opals to put together but i love it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a beautifully special ring! You can't beat Victorian opals with rose gold! I've started looking now for something similar! Lucky girl! :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
InsecureSweetGirl: Thank you! I was very happy to find this ring indeed! It was in the center, but towards the back of the display case. It is mostly the iridescent blue green glow. I finally louped it and see purple and pinky/ reds too! Only one minor abrasion, no chips on the borders. :)

Victoria10: Me neither, now I know! Rose gold and opals...lovely!

mrs-blop: Thank you! Good luck on your search. You won't be disappointed when you get one! Very affordable too! :)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
What a great glowing & pretty ring! No wonder it caught your eye in the display case. It's very pretty on your hand. The rose gold is a lovely and unexpected detail that really looks beautiful. Congrats! :clap:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont know much about opals either but they look very pretty and quite lively! Enjoy your new antique ring!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rockinruby, tyty333, and CRYSTAL24K! I was definitely excited to find this ring. It seems to have resided on either pointer finger. :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
What a great find!!! I can never find good quality jewelry at my local antique malls haha. If you ever want to let that beauty go, let me know! It looks beautiful on your hand and the fire appears to be pretty awesome. Enjoy!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1432139473|3879073 said:
What a great find!!! I can never find good quality jewelry at my local antique malls haha. If you ever want to let that beauty go, let me know! It looks beautiful on your hand and the fire appears to be pretty awesome. Enjoy!

If I ever let it go, I will make sure to let you get first dibs since you asked. :) Yes...this ring is pretty lovely.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, it's really beautiful!! What a great find :love: You need to make a ring box for it lovesvintage! :D

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17 said:
I love it, it's really beautiful!! What a great find :love: You need to make a ring box for it lovesvintage! :D

Hi junebug17, thanks... I do need to make it one. You just talked me into it! I will post and update this thread when I do. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results