shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Victor Canera sapphire trilogy halo - IN PROGRESS!!

ColoredStonesLady

Rough_Rock
Victor Canera is making my sapphire engagement ring. Its not done yet, but hopefully in the next few weeks!! The ring will be a trilogy halo, with a surprise gallery that my boyfriend and Victor have designed. It took us about 4ish months to find the sapphire, but we knew that Victor Canera was perfect for the setting before we even found it - thanks to pricescope, of course!!

The sapphire is 6.2 carats, unheated, Ceylon, and AGL TQIR 3.5. Its 10.51mm x 8.06mm. Ed at Wildfish hunted it for us, another pricesope find! The side stones are step cut, E VVS, and about .3ct each, I think. Victor sourced them for us. The ring will have a pave halo, and pave shank - all single cuts. I can't wait to see what my bf came up with for the gallery. Victor has been teasing me about how amazing the gallery is and I'm about to pop with excitement!!! :cheeky: :love:

Myering.jpg

myering2.jpg

perspective.jpg
The sapphire on my had, for some perspective! I'm a size 6.25 - 6.5

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats going to be amazing. can't wait to see it finished!

i'm curious, which sapphire photo is closer to real life? the one on your hand in sunlight is much lighter than in the Vc photo.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
chel180|1333275001|3161094 said:
Thats going to be amazing. can't wait to see it finished!

i'm curious, which sapphire photo is closer to real life? the one on your hand in sunlight is much lighter than in the Vc photo.

I'm guessing it is somewhere in between as the VC photos look like there is some shadow vs. the one in sunglight.

Do you have a photo of the sapphire outside but on a cloudy day?

regardless the ring is gorgeous...i can't wait to see the finish product!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'll all be eagerly awaiting the final result--you're in good hands w/ VC!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow, it is going to be just gorgeous! Can't wait to see pics once it's all done!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You must be very excited! Can't wait to see the finished product!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see it. Victor told me last week he was making a setting for a sapphire and it was going to be a beauty!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, this is going to be gorgeous!! Can't wait to see it!

ColoredStonesLady

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments!! I can't wait to see the finished ring and will track the progress here. Victor is amazing to work with! He has a great eye, and I feel very lucky to have him making this ring. He still makes them all by hand himself, no sending them out to another bench! It seems that few still do that.

The sapphire looks very different depending on the lighting, its constantly changing. It has some silk, so it glows a vivid neon blue on a cloudy day or in the shade - like on my profile pic. But in direct sunlight, or under fluorescent light it looks like Victor's 1st pic. Amazingly, all the photos of it are accurate. :D

It was important for me to find a sapphire that I loved in every lighting since they can shift so much. So many turned purplish or greenish under different light, and I didn't like that. This one changes, but to different shades of blue! While I was weighing the pros and cons I posted some photos of it under multiple lighting conditions. You can see the photos in this post: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-this-big-blue-sapphire-a-keeper-photo-heavy.172247/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-this-big-blue-sapphire-a-keeper-photo-heavy.172247/[/URL]

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very exciting! It looks like it will be beautiful - can't wait to get more photos and detail shots! I'm always in love with the VC prongs :appl:

ColoredStonesLady

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to update with a photo of the finished ring! I posted on the colored stone forum, but thought it would be good to share it here as well.

I can only see the top down photos of the ring, the gallery/ side view design is going to be a surprise from my bf. I won't see the ring IRL until my bf proposes sometime this summer. I am trying to *keep calm* as not to BURST with excitement!! :appl: I am flabbergasted by how it came out...its going to be a long summer!!

Myeringtopview.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
ColoredStonesLady|1334785745|3174558 said:
Just wanted to update with a photo of the finished ring! I posted on the colored stone forum, but thought it would be good to share it here as well.

I can only see the top down photos of the ring, the gallery/ side view design is going to be a surprise from my bf. I won't see the ring IRL until my bf proposes sometime this summer. I am trying to *keep calm* as not to BURST with excitement!! :appl: I am flabbergasted by how it came out...its going to be a long summer!!

Myeringtopview.jpg
Your ting is stunning! I can't wait for hand shots!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - we'll be waiting for those handshots too! Beautiful execution of a ring though - love it!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunningly beautiful! Hope you don't have to wait long!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a gorgeous ring!! The setting is elegant and blingy and really sets off the sapphire.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
THUD!!!!

:love: :love: :love:

Wow, it turned out unbelievably beautiful!!! We need LOADS of pictures!!! Hope you do not have to wait too long!!!

:wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AI YI YI!!!! :shock:
That is an AMAZING stone and setting!!! Just gorgeous!!! I'd be going nuts knowing it is 'here' but not yours yet!!! Oh, I hope he proposes earlier than June - we are all dying to see more photos :bigsmile:

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Hope you don't have to wait too long!!!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that is seriously stunning. we'll all be waiting for the hand shots :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

How exciting! I definitely can't wait to see what he designed!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
susimoo|1334801615|3174744 said:
THUD!!!!

:love: :love: :love:

Wow, it turned out unbelievably beautiful!!! We need LOADS of pictures!!! Hope you do not have to wait too long!!!

:wavey:

YOU.ARE.SO.LUCKY!!!!!! I.AM.SO.JEALOUS!

My heart litterally stopped when i saw that photo- i have a new favorite ps ring. dang girl!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely breathtaking! Your sapphire is the perfect color. I can't wait to see hand shots after the proposal. :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!!! I don't know how you are going to wait for summer!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results